sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
He's mostly talking about art where I thought here the problem was the code. From what has been posted supposedly they have the art way past the merge and are just waiting for the code to finish. The branching part I can see being a problem but it's been so long not be done.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jeancul

Armnorn

Jan 27, 2021
No this is not a 2d game. Honey Select is still considered 3d graphics. Just not photorealistic 3d like Daz or Blender.
From a developer perspective it is 2D. You don't have actual models in the VN itself but just renders that were taken in a different game. Which is why they mention the 2D part. Honey Select itself is 3D. ES from a developer perspective is 2D

AntiVeraX

Mar 17, 2018
I'm sorry if I can't waste my next 2 months reading back on the last 871 pages of discussion... but, what happened to this game? is it dead? I remember that like a year ago, the devs wanted to compile the first full month into a single game but then suddenly... nothing. I know their patreon was thriving, so what on Earth happened?

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
I'm sorry if I can't waste my next 2 months reading back on the last 871 pages of discussion... but, what happened to this game? is it dead? I remember that like a year ago, the devs wanted to compile the first full month into a single game but then suddenly... nothing. I know their patreon was thriving, so what on Earth happened?
its still being worked on but nobody really knows what is happening, issues with features they want to add ect ect if we take things being said at face value, we'll see what happens this year though.
heres hoping things get released

• Haha
Apr 14, 2020
Some of the developers left the team, they can't find a replacement, and with the loss of most of the support, it's getting harder to do so. :cry:
Are they looking for individuals to assist. I'm by no means a professional, but i would be willing to assist with some more menial tasks to lighten the load. I'm sure others would be willing to help as well.

• Haha

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
Some of the developers left the team, they can't find a replacement, and with the loss of most of the support, it's getting harder to do so. :cry:
That's not true. One of the developers was ill for a few months last year, so couldn't work on the game for a while. The problem was/is that said developer was the project manager, main translator(or proofreader) and main coder. He is also only working part time, which is exactly what you want from someone that is supposed to handle like 75% of your workload.

Said developer has also been back for over 7 months now(from what I can tell) and also figred out a way to get the Month 1 merge released a lot sooner. About 5 months ago. So that seems to be going well.

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
That's not true. One of the developers was ill for a few months last year, so couldn't work on the game for a while. The problem was/is that said developer was the project manager, main translator(or proofreader) and main coder. He is also only working part time, which is exactly what you want from someone that is supposed to handle like 75% of your workload.

Said developer has also been back for over 7 months now(from what I can tell) and also figred out a way to get the Month 1 merge released a lot sooner. About 5 months ago. So that seems to be going well.
if i remember right there was something about the german script being lost for one of weeks or something? and they needed to translate it again as well (if i'm remembering right anyway)

• Yay, new update!

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Completely unrelated, but does Illusion let people use it's games to make other games, or have they just not gotten around to cease and desisting everyone yet? Cause using another game in place of original character models seems like a legally risky move. Anyone know how it's happening?
From what I understand when I looked into this, you aren't allowed so you are taking a risk when you do this. I think the creators even commented on it at some point saying this (or maybe it was the anime game version creators?) but the logic here is I think a Patreon project is technically won't get in trouble but if you sell it as a product you run the risk of legal action. Some doubt it would happen even then since there is so many so it'd have to be quite a popular game?

I wish there was a game/engine that did let you. Currently Vroid is the only one you can legally use the models from as far as I know.

And 2D does not help either , you need a character to wear a different dress in the same situation. Needs to be positioned and rendered.. and if she needs to wear this different dress in other situations then.. well.. position and render.

3D is a big initial payload at first BUT once you have the main things going for you , it is just making animations which are ALWAYS reusable in nearly all situations and maybe some clothes which are also be useable in all situations.

Or.. maybe to get it simple , imagine creating a sims game in 2D. Imagine now that you would have to make pictures for EVERY possible combination of things that can happen.
With 3D you just enable and disable clothes and done. BUT the initial payload is massive.

This is what i think , why many of the 2D games are getting slower.. and slower.. and slower overtime."
Kind of disagree with this, having used the software myself. It's still very much a 3d game, you can load animations and poses onto your models, changing clothes is a few clicks. The hard part is like with every other 3d game, making assets from scratch, modeling clothes to existing models, etc. The only part I find tedious is since it's a game it has more limitations and they can be quite annoying, personally I found positioning npc's and what not to be annoying. On the flip side a lot of stuff is already made to make things easier, tons of assets to find, mods to get, etc. Each have their pros and cons in the end.

• Thinking Face

Soulonus

Dec 23, 2021
From what I understand when I looked into this, you aren't allowed so you are taking a risk when you do this. I think the creators even commented on it at some point saying this (or maybe it was the anime game version creators?) but the logic here is I think a Patreon project is technically won't get in trouble but if you sell it as a product you run the risk of legal action. Some doubt it would happen even then since there is so many so it'd have to be quite a popular game?
Another game had a run in with Illusion Devs, although it was officially resolved on the point that the renders technically weren't being used for commercial purposes.
The Dev further removed the Patreon (or he didn't have them from the start I don't remember as of now), so the game was indeed completely free to play and of non commercial nature.
They are using Patreon as a tip jar and no part of the content has any sort of pay wall, so yea.

layer1avn

Aug 24, 2021
Regarding graphic design, this game has some extremely weird proportions at times and I wonder why. Matsu has cankles, a giant head and huge hands. One girl's hand was also the size of her head but I forget which scene it was. Quite a few girls have tiny, skinny upper bodies compared to their hips, and I'm not talking about the thicc girls either. Kaede had a still shot like that in one of the bathroom scenes.

Fuyu's shin length is epic. She'd go full Weidman/Silva if she threw a low kick in a fight.

. shins.png

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
Guys the game engine is Ren'Py, all based on Python and perfectly made so that even someone without knowledge can make a simple VN and the more complex part is very easy to learn.
Ren'Py is also 17 years old, everything that can be done with it has been done and is documented, just look it up and use it.
You don't need vast coding knowledge for this and if a merge won't work you could rewrite everything from zero in a month and copy over the pictures and story.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
To settle something, no they aren't looking for anyone for merge shit, that's not on the table, and what help they were looking for otherwise, they found. Also explanation is gross incompetence of a generally common degree with what happens in this sphere. If you've been around adult gave development long enough you know how this goes, considering I've been in this sphere and watching as this went from niche shit still in all flash to now....Yeah I'm well aware of how this shit goes. The only silver lining is knowing that eventually something will be produced, only time will tell when.

Moving on now that clarifications have been made:

Sloth-Chan Oven Mitts, how much do you pay for them if Sloth-Chan made them herself?

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes