RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I don't wanna sound ungrateful since I like this game but I'm now really upset since I've thought there will be 4 weeks in upcoming month 1 update but this is just some lame merge that whole team doing about half year... I think some patrons of this game realized that's good for nothing what's BlueCat team doing so they lost about 1k income. It looks like dev's just got tired from the game or out of ideas or maybe decided to enable milking mode with lame excuses. It seems they using most likely some Illusion game engine graphics maybe with some filters but not rendering it in Daz3D or Poser since images is pretty lame (try to compare with Being a DIK for example). They better look for productivity of Nenad (Adventures of Willy D) which rendering in Daz3D and do all programming by himself with about same amount content as this game but not for milkers like Dark Silver with Glamour.
They've been very up front about what they've been working on and and why. It's kind of a shitty to move to make all these accusations when you clearly haven't really paying attention to the development. They're pretty open. There's even a Discord where you can ask questions directly.

There not merging it for shits and giggles. The current releases are busted, so the merge is mainly for massive bug fixes and better implemented mechanics, so as to minimize the game shitting itself at every new release.

Where from you heard about merge only 3 weeks without new one?
Follow the dev diaries on the Patreon. They've been quite open about it.

Apr 19, 2020
I don't wanna sound ungrateful since I like this game but I'm now really upset since I've thought there will be 4 weeks in upcoming month 1 update but this is just some lame merge that whole team doing about half year... I think some patrons of this game realized that's good for nothing what's BlueCat team doing so they lost about 1k income. It looks like dev's just got tired from the game or out of ideas or maybe decided to enable milking mode with lame excuses. It seems they using most likely some Illusion game engine graphics maybe with some filters but not rendering it in Daz3D or Poser since images is pretty lame (try to compare with Being a DIK for example). They better look for productivity of Nenad (Adventures of Willy D) which rendering in Daz3D and do all programming by himself with about same amount content as this game but not for milkers like Dark Silver with Glamour.
I mean, it makes sense what they're doing. A lot of the game mechanics in the current builds do not work. They've said themselves they'd rather work on new content, than simply perfecting current content, but the next mega merge won't happen for an extremely long time. So the next year or two it'll only be new content. What they're doing rn, is making the game how they always wanted to be, and completed
> And some games take a very long time to update, with hardly any content to play. You forget how gigantic this game is. Improving it doesn't take a week or two, it would take this long

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
They've been very up front about what they've been working on and and why. It's kind of a shitty to move to make all these accusations when you clearly haven't really paying attention to the development. They're pretty open. There's even a Discord where you can ask questions directly.

There not merging it for shits and giggles. The current releases are busted, so the merge is mainly for massive bug fixes and better implemented mechanics, so as to minimize the game shitting itself at every new release.

Follow the dev diaries on the Patreon. They've been quite open about it.
Then why can't they do merging and producing new content at the same time if there are team? I was blaming Dark Silver (for milking) but when they've changed whole engine it already had all old content + some new one.
Idea of merging (especially even not a complete month) if it takes half year is just an epic fail and nothing else and I played till the last available day without any critical bugs and don't think anybody care about game mechanic (all I've seen just some new GUI and phone) since it's just a VN and not CP 2077. 80-90% of ppl doesn't needed that and will not play again (maybe only to remember coz it already took so long time so somebody already forgot what this game about).

Reactions: Pagliano

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Then why can't they do merging and producing new content at the same time if there are team? I was blaming Dark Silver (for milking) but when they've changed whole engine it already had all old content + some new one.
Idea of merging (especially even not a complete month) if it takes half year is just an epic fail and nothing else and I played till the last available day without any critical bugs and don't think anybody care about game mechanic (all I've seen just some new GUI and phone) since it's just a VN and not CP 2077. 80-90% of ppl doesn't needed that and will not play again (maybe only to remember coz it already took so long time so somebody already forgot what this game about).
You'd have to ask them. BlueCat answered that question here a while back, but I don't know what page it was on.

You're claiming a lot for "most people" when until now, everyone here has been anticipating replaying the updated release and the new mechanics. And I played Cyberpunk 2077 without any major bugs, but that doesn't mean that game didn't have any. Same applies for you and this.

BlueCat_Ecchi Sensei

Ecchi Sensei
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Here are some facts about my game:

Ecchi Sensei IS already the longest and biggest Visual Novel of all time. Means no other dev so far reached the same or larger amount of images, coding, and dialogues. Not here and not somewhere else.

I also hired more people to work on the project than average game developers from this site with the same income. Means I summary receive much less for more work I do than others.
Also about "milking": I already created almost two completely new updates after the month 1 merge. The current available Day release of Ecchi Sensei is day 20-21. I already created the images + coding + dialogues for Day 22+23 update and all images for Day 24-26 update and currently working on coding and dialogues while my coders and manager, who also works as proofreader and translator are busy with the merge of all previous released Ecchi Sensei updates.

I don't care how other game companies or dev groups work. I'm not a copycat sneaking around other games and steal code or ideas or something. I always follow my own order in case of creation, coding, dialogues, releases and management.

Since Ecchi Sensei is a so big project since the beginning of the creation process in my mind over 2 years ago, the week 1 merge and month 1 merge are extremely necessary for my future plans.

Everyone in my team was inexperienced in creating a Visual Novel but also everyone learns with every new release new tricks and a Day 8 release used different coding than a Day 10+11 release. Now we combine all of our wisdom to the entire game, started with day 1.

But it is not just a ordinary merge like that with bug fixing and putting all together. We also become multilingual by adding german and hopefully also french to the month 1 merge. Plus we say goodbye to hardcoding stuff and code almost everything by our own to drastically reduce the overall size for the month 1 merge, PLUS it also benefits for the upcoming merges. Instead of taking 300 hardcoded core images for features with us for every single update, we redcue the amount of by 90% which means hundrets of megabyte no longer need to be downloaded for each update.

About the Daz/Illusion discussion:

Some people like Pepsi, others drink Coke. You prefer Xbox? Some believe Playstation is better. I for myself decided to choose Illusion and instead of like 99,999% of all other devs who also prefer Illusion over Daz, I not decided for Honey Select which comes with an overwhelming large modder Community. I took "PlayHome" because for me, it looks better. It also means I need to create my own mods and maps and I need to fuck up with SketchUp and Unity which I really hate but I do it because this game is my passion and I like what I do.

It is up to you to decide if I'm a milker or not. But running out of ideas? Bitch please... I have not many skills, but being creative is my strongest. I'm able to create stories and dialogues in any kind of situation.

For those who are interested to know: Here is how I start a new update:

So first of all, the whole game concept and elementary story elements already decided in may 2018. When I begin with an new update I open my notepad++ and firstly decide who's in the cast of the new update which takes like 5 minutes. After that I write for another 5-10 minutes what happens in the update or what should happen. Then I take a few hours for pickung clothing and makeup for the next few days and after that I start creativ the images. After the over 1500+ images are done (yes, that many images and more I create for every single update) I prepare the coding stuff to get ready for the dialogues in Atom. I open the first image made at my second screen and I just start writing and while I write, the dialogues just flew into my mind.

So I never run out of Ideas. It is exactly the opposite. I unfortunately have too many ideas and I always want to put more into every single update but It always needs to come to an end so I need to deal with that problem.

I know. It sucks hard waiting so long for a merge which also comes with no new updates. But It never was planned to release Week 4 in Month 1 merge because the first ingame day was not July 1. No, it was July 13. So in the middle of the month. Month 2 will get four weeks. Almost the whole August and from there on every new month comes with four weeks. But, not every month means a new merge.

If you think you're upset or angry or whatever because of the long time to wait for the month 1 release, you have no idea how we dislike merging. For me, merging is like cleaning public toilets with my tongue. I mean yes, some people may like cleaning public toilets with there tongue. Heck, there is no kinkshare from my side. But I really dislike it and I love creating new content and share the new content with the many people who like the game. But the week 1 and month 1 are required.

Gladly, our foundaition will get strong enough after month 1 which means no big merge is required for a very long time. The next big merge I plan is in the year 2023. So over the next two years we focus on producing new content like we did before.

The decrease in supporters is also a thing. Ecchi Sensei is my first project and I never thought it gets that big by supporters. But it really helps out. So I was able to hire people. Especially Latecomer, my project manager who also works as main translator is very important. My english is very basic and without his help the game would never get these kind of nice dialogues. So yes, money is of course important. But I never decided to create Ecchi Sensei for moneys sake. It just helps to produce more content and increase quality of the content.

They more we grow, they more I invest in helpful hands. So with your support I'm able to increase the amount of the team to hire new modders for more and better looking clothings, maps and object. Or to add a new language for the game. Pay my composer for new calming classical piano background music etc.

And when I reach a specific amount of monthly supportance I just starty my own company and hire more people which work on Ecchi Sensei, but also on other projects I'd like to realize.

Ecchi Sensei is my baby, but it is just the beginning. I hope most people like to follow me on our journey.

So long,
Blue
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

Ecchi Sensei IS already the longest and biggest Visual Novel of all time. Means no other dev so far reached the same or larger amount of images, coding, and dialogues. Not here and not somewhere else.

I also hired more people to work on the project than average game developers from this site with the same income. Means I summary receive much less for more work I do than others.
Also about "milking": I already created almost two completely new updates after the month 1 merge. The current available Day release of Ecchi Sensei is day 20-21. I already created the images + coding + dialogues for Day 22+23 update and all images for Day 24-26 update and currently working on coding and dialogues while my coders and manager, who also works as proofreader and translator are busy with the merge of all previous released Ecchi Sensei updates.

I don't care how other game companies or dev groups work. I'm not a copycat sneaking around other games and steal code or ideas or something. I always follow my own order in case of creation, coding, dialogues, releases and management.

Since Ecchi Sensei is a so big project since the beginning of the creation process in my mind over 2 years ago, the week 1 merge and month 1 merge are extremely necessary for my future plans.

Everyone in my team was inexperienced in creating a Visual Novel but also everyone learns with every new release new tricks and a Day 8 release used different coding than a Day 10+11 release. Now we combine all of our wisdom to the entire game, started with day 1.

But it is not just a ordinary merge like that with bug fixing and putting all together. We also become multilingual by adding german and hopefully also french to the month 1 merge. Plus we say goodbye to hardcoding stuff and code almost everything by our own to drastically reduce the overall size for the month 1 merge, PLUS it also benefits for the upcoming merges. Instead of taking 300 hardcoded core images for features with us for every single update, we redcue the amount of by 90% which means hundrets of megabyte no longer need to be downloaded for each update.

Some people like Pepsi, others drink Coke. You prefer Xbox? Some believe Playstation is better. I for myself decided to choose Illusion and instead of like 99,999% of all other devs who also prefer Illusion over Daz, I not decided for Honey Select which comes with an overwhelming large modder Community. I took "PlayHome" because for me, it looks better. It also means I need to create my own mods and maps and I need to fuck up with SketchUp and Unity which I really hate but I do it because this game is my passion and I like what I do.

It is up to you to decide if I'm a milker or not. But running out of ideas? Bitch please... I have not many skills, but being creative is my strongest. I'm able to create stories and dialogues in any kind of situation.

So first of all, the whole game concept and elementary story elements already decided in may 2018. When I begin with an new update I open my notepad++ and firstly decide who's in the cast of the new update which takes like 5 minutes. After that I write for another 5-10 minutes what happens in the update or what should happen. Then I take a few hours for pickung clothing and makeup for the next few days and after that I start creativ the images. After the over 1500+ images are done (yes, that many images and more I create for every single update) I prepare the coding stuff to get ready for the dialogues in Atom. I open the first image made at my second screen and I just start writing and while I write, the dialogues just flew into my mind.

So I never run out of Ideas. It is exactly the opposite. I unfortunately have too many ideas and I always want to put more into every single update but It always needs to come to an end so I need to deal with that problem.

I know. It sucks hard waiting so long for a merge which also comes with no new updates. But It never was planned to release Week 4 in Month 1 merge because the first ingame day was not July 1. No, it was July 13. So in the middle of the month. Month 2 will get four weeks. Almost the whole August and from there on every new month comes with four weeks. But, not every month means a new merge.

If you think you're upset or angry or whatever because of the long time to wait for the month 1 release, you have no idea how we dislike merging. For me, merging is like cleaning public toilets with my tongue. I mean yes, some people may like cleaning public toilets with there tongue. Heck, there is no kinkshare from my side. But I really dislike it and I love creating new content and share the new content with the many people who like the game. But the week 1 and month 1 are required.

Gladly, our foundaition will get strong enough after month 1 which means no big merge is required for a very long time. The next big merge I plan is in the year 2023. So over the next two years we focus on producing new content like we did before.

The decrease in supporters is also a thing. Ecchi Sensei is my first project and I never thought it gets that big by supporters. But it really helps out. So I was able to hire people. Especially Latecomer, my project manager who also works as main translator is very important. My english is very basic and without his help the game would never get these kind of nice dialogues. So yes, money is of course important. But I never decided to create Ecchi Sensei for moneys sake. It just helps to produce more content and increase quality of the content.

They more we grow, they more I invest in helpful hands. So with your support I'm able to increase the amount of the team to hire new modders for more and better looking clothings, maps and object. Or to add a new language for the game. Pay my composer for new calming classical piano background music etc.

And when I reach a specific amount of monthly supportance I just starty my own company and hire more people which work on Ecchi Sensei, but also on other projects I'd like to realize.

Ecchi Sensei is my baby, but it is just the beginning. I hope most people like to follow me on our journey.

So long,
Blue
The milking meme has gone too far, I can't take anyone seriously when I see them accusing a dev of milking. It's like the word simp or cuck, it's used so often that it has lost all its meaning. You're doing an amazing job with this game, and I think most people can see it and appreciate it.

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016

So long,
Blue
do you like pepsi or coke?

leproso0413

May 26, 2017

So long,
Blue
I can't wait to play for a whole month. I've never played this game and I want it to be launched

Reactions: RandoCard3

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
There's a lot to take in there, but I'm too taken by surprise by the sudden face reveal of the niece. She's cute.
The face hasn't really been hidden, before. Its the eyes. Notice they are shut in the "reveal".

Yuri, Saki and Himiko are sisters, but they don't have near the face. So if the niece is related by means of not really the "niece", the face really wont tell you much. The eyes might tho.

creedgeezer

Apr 24, 2019
Hi guys...... Here's a stupid question from a stupid person......

On the Dm Patch for third week...... Its is the
Halloween 2020 Special Patch
or the
20+21 Final Patch.....

cuz i downloaded the halloween 2020 special patch and put it on the third week game and when i play the game it says "you have the dm patch but not patched"?
something like that..... So i think i put the wrong patch eh?...

is the patch for the third week is the 20+21 only?

Apr 19, 2020
Hi guys...... Here's a stupid question from a stupid person......

On the Dm Patch for third week...... Its is the
Halloween 2020 Special Patch
or the
20+21 Final Patch.....

cuz i downloaded the halloween 2020 special patch and put it on the third week game and when i play the game it says "you have the dm patch but not patched"?
something like that..... So i think i put the wrong patch eh?...

is the patch for the third week is the 20+21 only?
Yes, it's the day 20-21 patch for week 3. But really, I would wait. The merge will be out in the coming weeks, and then you'll have to start all over again, which would be a lot of time and effort. The coming update will make it much easier to play and patch etc

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
The face hasn't really been hidden, before. Its the eyes. Notice they are shut in the "reveal".

Yuri, Saki and Himiko are sisters, but they don't have near the face. So if the niece is related by means of not really the "niece", the face really wont tell you much. The eyes might tho.
Yeah, i know. It's still more than we got up until now. I'm not sure entirely sure why the eyes are being covered though. It's not like we can tell if they match Matsu or anything, cause we don't see his eyes.

I wonder if we get any of that Lannister/Targaryen insanity from inbreeding.

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
Yeah, i know. It's still more than we got up until now. I'm not sure entirely sure why the eyes are being covered though. It's not like we can tell if they match Matsu or anything, cause we don't see his eyes.

I wonder if we get any of that Lannister/Targaryen insanity from inbreeding.
Its possible her eyes match another characters eyes, that are unique/standout in color.

GorillaG94

Sep 23, 2020
so i downloaded week one and the dm patch but every time i try it says most of the pictures are missing any way to fix this?

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
so i downloaded week one and the dm patch but every time i try it says most of the pictures are missing any way to fix this?
Are you sure you downloaded Week 1 Final DM patch and not the Halloween one?

Each version of game requires its own DM patch.

Me Too

Sep 22, 2017
Hey all, first things first, this is my FIRST post ever. I generally download games and play through them, trying not to ask for help, because, for me, that's part of the enjoyment of the process. Finding different paths, trying different alignments (if you will), and basically flying solo.
That being said, I think the dev is extraordinary. This is one of the few games that I eagerly await updates for. There are a handful of others that I feel the same about, but Ecchi Sensei is tops. I have limited resources available, otherwise I would gladly donate money to this project. As soon as I get caught up on some bills, I will become a supporter. I just wanted the dev and his team to know that I think they are doing an extraordinary job.
So, take your time, get your game where you want it, and rest assured, at least I will be ready for any and all updates, whenever they do come out. I just wanted to take a few minutes and let the dev know that he is doing a great job and don't give any of the naysayers and complainers a second thought.
Thanks, TC

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes