Star Dude

Jan 13, 2019
I was playing my Jenna path save and Day 12 looped back and I got to experience it again. Zoey BJ, Jules visit with her dad learning about her secret, Zoey battle (from Day 11), Day 12 Zoey BJ again, visit Jules and she is awake now and BJ then end of 12.

I'm surprise by the people here only following one path. I understand in other games you can have a favorite and only go down that road, but for this game, to understand the whole story, you should be able to find 2 or 3 girls that are worth following.

Reactions: KnottyGames

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Zoey wants to return to the future once her mission is complete. Her mission is to help you spread the gene so the pandemic doesn't kill most of the population. If you fuck her, it doesn't help in her mission unless she decides to stay in your time
Well, that is her mission. However, it's pretty damn clear she's got the hots for MC. Also, if he impregnates her, going back to the future with his child could still be a resolution to the problem although perhaps not the ideal one.

I'm starting to think this game is an adult version of Where's Waldo? We have to find the normal, human girl to bang, impregnate and save humanity. I'm not doing well. So far, I've chosen the alien girl and and the Goth cultist girl who, while she likes MC's dick well enough, looks more interested in being impregnated by an Elder God. Then there's Penny. Not sure what the deal is, but something ain't right there. My playthrough is kind of pinning its hopes on bringing Zoey around! :ROFLMAO:

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
I`ve been going with Jules and Emma this time. Jules I`ve got bored with, just leave her some Duracell batteries and let her get on with it, Emma thankfully, has allowed MC two creampies now...yep, just doing my bit for the human race is all.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
I don't like using walkthroughs in choice based games and I only play a single save, so every single update of this felt incredibly short to me. I've resigned to try it every 2-3 updates but even then it feels short.
To get the most out of this game I think you do have to reference the walkthrough to some extent, which understandably can be a barrier to people new to the game (the flowchart is certainly daunting and confusing to me). Most importantly though, you absolutely do need multiple saves. I'd recommend choosing a couple of "off the main path" love interests that you find attractive, and look at their page in the walkthrough (nothing major is spoiled in reading the guide as you play), and create saves focused on them at page 20, 30, etc, in the save menu (you can rename the "Page 20" titles by right-clicking on them, which I find helpful). Chloe, Isabella, and Trish are three options that have a lot of content in this update, and that people – like myself – have found worthwhile to play through after focusing on what seem to be the "main path" girls (Zoey, Penny, Madison, Katy, Rachel).

I do the "skip every second or third update" routine for a number of games myself, so that is an option. I do find it hard to pick up so many stories where I left off, and VN development is long and time consuming, which means content is often sparse in releases. For Element-174 though, the individual stories are compelling enough that they've stuck with me, and I can immediately jump back in without much effort.

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
First time playing this for me, it's certainly different for sure.

Had to backtrack one decision though, I'm not about to let Katy get her freak on with some tenticles and not be able to stop it...so yeh, no thanks. I'll prob abandon future choices with her.

I look forward to another update though, minus scenes such as that.

Reactions: kantigura

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
Apparently. Well, since my last post I found a walkthrough in this thread. Looked at it and got confused. I'm not smart enough for this game's walkthrough.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I guess it's no surprise that the game won.
Don't feel too bad. This game is admittedly probably more complex than it needs to be. The walkthrough and flowcharts were just as much a tool to help me keep everything organized, as they are to help the players. In the near future, there are plans to add a toggle option "helper mode." Something akin to choice buttons having parentheses indicating which girl it adds a point towards, as well as color coding indicating choices which are necessary to keep their route open.

Last edited:

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
I didn't do much better. I got Ash's scene, and let's face it, she's a cutie, but coming in her isn't going to save the world. Then I got the Katy scene which... oy. I'll just go with I wasn't impressed which is disappointing because otherwise I've been digging her gothy goodness so far. The Zoey BJ was nice. Not sure why they haven't figured out to be fucking like rabbits yet. That was my first thought back when I started this game. Oh well, it distracted me from the craziness over in Sunshine Love for an hour or so.
Without saying too much, as long as you get the "good ending" for a girl's route a lot of the major conflicts should be resolved in a satisfying way. In other words, just because it doesn't seem like a particular girl would be useful in stopping the apocalypse, doesn't mean they won't be.

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
It wouldn't surprise me if, at some point, Zoey will have to make a decision to either change her past (the whole reason why she travelled time in the first place) or return to her own time. It was already hinted that the amount of energy from the crystal is limited.
It also wouldn't amaze me if one or more paths had the option to either replenish her crystal or to get her a new crystal (okay, the other crystal that must be around somewhere would actually be second hand, but that's just semantics).
You're correct that the Element is finite. This is to prevent a story where none of the choices truly matter because the MC or Zoey could always just use it to fix their mistakes. Zoey mentions that the more unlikely the result, the more Element is consumed. So something incredibly improbable (like time travel) naturally uses up a lot more than say, causing a coin to land on heads.

Starting around the third week, the story will begin introducing how or if the MC wants to use the Element.

Reactions: boogiecookie

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
I was playing my Jenna path save and Day 12 looped back and I got to experience it again. Zoey BJ, Jules visit with her dad learning about her secret, Zoey battle (from Day 11), Day 12 Zoey BJ again, visit Jules and she is awake now and BJ then end of 12.

I'm surprise by the people here only following one path. I understand in other games you can have a favorite and only go down that road, but for this game, to understand the whole story, you should be able to find 2 or 3 girls that are worth following.
Oh no looks like the MC is caught in a time loop! Or maybe it's just shoddy programming. :sneaky:

I found the bug you listed and it'll be patched for the next update. Thanks for reporting it.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Way i see it...Assistant Dean and Science superhero are yer best bets for true love and crimefighting.....comic book logic!!
Yeah, both of those paths are looking interesting so maybe I'll restart so I can try them out...

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
This game is actually more fun without the WT...but ya need to make dozens of saves..LOL....because if you just wing it..you get a different game everytime....it's pretty damn unique and more folks who want a true "hold my beer" game need to play this.....over and over.

retnavgunner

Jul 3, 2018
Because of the many paths one could take, I decided this one was in dire need of the ability to have named saves. I did find code that allowed that but it was rem'd out. I tried working with that, and still trying, but for now I inserted my code. The instructions telling you to name your save is in orange (I didn't want it to get lost by being in the same color). The default save name will be in blue just below that. I am assuming that viewing and loading auto saves were turned off for a reason, which I found odd because the game still does auto saves. Anyhow, it's turned on now because hey, I like my auto saves, otherwise our save folders become a bloated nightmare.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Wow can't wait to see what's next with Katy, she's quickly becoming my favorite now that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
Because of the many paths one could take, I decided this one was in dire need of the ability to have named saves. I did find code that allowed that but it was rem'd out. I tried working with that, and still trying, but for now I inserted my code. The instructions telling you to name your save is in orange (I didn't want it to get lost by being in the same color). The default save name will be in blue just below that. I am assuming that viewing and loading auto saves were turned off for a reason, which I found odd because the game still does auto saves. Anyhow, it's turned on now because hey, I like my auto saves, otherwise our save folders become a bloated nightmare.
If you don't mind, I'm going to use this code for the next release update. Thanks so much and I'm sure everyone will appreciate this quality of life feature!

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Most characters in this game are morons, the mc first meeting after first fight : how should you react when insulted, or better when somene else closeby is while you are there ?
Then, Cloe, untrained and non educated girl is used save the future ??
Either intellectual and body performances make travel more weighty or something else, but even then, giving her something to get the top data.
Better, a free home alone, sure. Gifts exist, but, they are currently quit some holes around.
Days going with nothing while several girls disappear (the one we met after the fight, the good grade one (linked to responses to her test ? ) the metal girl, OK, she is selectable optin/out.

Last, equipment, given importance giving him the basic is quit important, aka a pièce of 174.
As to nano suite, what a bad story, its know how to program them atm, stock data etc.
This said, her getting back home ???
Be it réality shifts, who if "real" are over amounts getting over capacity when using both time and number of individuals.
Add the values change by status and circumstances. Who & when, time & location.
Guess I'll try again when its completed but ..

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty convinced of this as well.

Most characters in this game are morons, the mc first meeting after first fight : how should you react when insulted, or better when somene else closeby is while you are there ?
Then, Cloe, untrained and non educated girl is used save the future ??
Either intellectual and body performances make travel more weighty or something else, but even then, giving her something to get the top data.
Better, a free home alone, sure. Gifts exist, but, they are currently quit some holes around.
Days going with nothing while several girls disappear (the one we met after the fight, the good grade one (linked to responses to her test ? ) the metal girl, OK, she is selectable optin/out.

Last, equipment, given importance giving him the basic is quit important, aka a pièce of 174.
As to nano suite, what a bad story, its know how to program them atm, stock data etc.
This said, her getting back home ???
Be it réality shifts, who if "real" are over amounts getting over capacity when using both time and number of individuals.
Add the values change by status and circumstances. Who & when, time & location.
Guess I'll try again when its completed but ..
Not sure I understand all of that...I'll just advise you to utilize the walkthrough. Not every girl is available on every route, depending on the choices you make.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 40 Votes