retnavgunner

Jul 3, 2018
If you don't mind, I'm going to use this code for the next release update. Thanks so much and I'm sure everyone will appreciate this quality of life feature!
Not a problem. Go right ahead. At least you can get some use out of it. Besides, saves me from constantly having to compare and replace each release :LOL:

Reactions: Iguel

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Because of the many paths one could take, I decided this one was in dire need of the ability to have named saves.
If you don't mind, I'm going to use this code for the next release update. Thanks so much and I'm sure everyone will appreciate this quality of life feature!
You don't actually need to be able to name saves. Ren'Py by default allows you to rename save-game pages. Click right after a page's number (so, with "Page 5" click right after the number 5) and a horizontal bar (cursor) will appear. Change the page name to whatever you want ("Penny Path — Page 5" or whatever). Hit Enter/Return on your keyboard when done renaming it to save the page's name. This is exactly how I've been going about keeping paths separate: "Path: Holmes — Pg 1", "Path: Malia — Pg 20", etc.

Renaming saves is nice to have, I suppose, but there's really no need to do more coding to allow this. That said, if you do want to allow a player to rename their saves, please make it a manual process (i.e., clicking an icon or button next to a save in order to be prompted for a save name). It gets really annoying to be forced to rename a save every single time there's a branch or something (like in Parental Love, Sunshine Love, etc.).

retnavgunner

Jul 3, 2018
You don't actually need to be able to name saves. Ren'Py by default allows you to rename save-game pages. Click right after a page's number (so, with "Page 5" click right after the number 5) and a horizontal bar (cursor) will appear. Change the page name to whatever you want ("Penny Path — Page 5" or whatever). Hit Enter/Return on your keyboard when done renaming it to save the page's name. This is exactly how I've been going about keeping paths separate: "Path: Holmes — Pg 1", "Path: Malia — Pg 20", etc.

Renaming saves is nice to have, I suppose, but there's really no need to do more coding to allow this. That said, if you do want to allow a player to rename their saves, please make it a manual process (i.e., clicking an icon or button next to a save in order to be prompted for a save name). It gets really annoying to be forced to rename a save every single time there's a branch or something (like in Parental Love, Sunshine Love, etc.).
Of course you can give the pages a save name, but seriously? When you have a large number of potential paths, if you would rather have multiple pages vice one or two pages, and if you want to try and remember which page was for which path then by all means, knock yourself out. Personally, I like looking at one page and choosing the path I wish to continue on. As for forcing you? If you would have read the entire posting, then you would have read that it assigns the default value (game day/time/real-time date and time - IE Day 7 Evening August 31, 19:00). What that means, is if you want to change it, you can, if not, it all remains the same. At the end of the day though, it is the dev's decision to make, since this is his project, not ours. All I did was give an option to those who would rather have things a bit more simpler.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Of course you can give the pages a save name, but seriously? When you have a large number of potential paths, if you would rather have multiple pages vice one or two pages, and if you want to try and remember which page was for which path then by all means, knock yourself out.
I usually end up with 2-3 pages of saves just for one path. It makes naming pages even worse because you either end up with empty pages or have to move saves from one page to another

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Katy
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Caroline
Holmes
Jules
Trish
Madison
Emma
Isabella
Ash
Chloe
Rachel
Zoey
Did I miss something? I didn't see Sarah, Penny, Jenna, or Malia on Day 12.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Of course you can give the pages a save name, but seriously? When you have a large number of potential paths, if you would rather have multiple pages vice one or two pages, and if you want to try and remember which page was for which path then by all means, knock yourself out. Personally, I like looking at one page and choosing the path I wish to continue on. As for forcing you? If you would have read the entire posting, then you would have read that it assigns the default value (game day/time/real-time date and time - IE Day 7 Evening August 31, 19:00). What that means, is if you want to change it, you can, if not, it all remains the same. At the end of the day though, it is the dev's decision to make, since this is his project, not ours. All I did was give an option to those who would rather have things a bit more simpler.
I usually end up with 2-3 pages of saves just for one path. It makes naming pages even worse because you either end up with empty pages or have to move saves from one page to another
If you're only going to have 2–3 pages for all of the saves you use, I really don't see why you need to rename your saves. It doesn't sound like you have enough branching in your playthroughs to worry about needing a reminder of what's where. If you really want to have individual saves named, by all means, knock yourself out. Personally, that would be way too cluttered and super annoying to have to do every time. Even what retnavgunner proposes would be annoying; at a minimum, I would right-click at a save point, click on a slot, then be forced to hit Enter to confirm that I didn't want to rename it. Proactively needing to indicate you want to change the name would be better IMO. It could even be something very simple: maybe use Shift+LMB when clicking on a slot to apply a name to the save while just LMB saves without asking you to rename anything. But, as you say, it's the dev's game . . . so whatever.

retnavgunner

Jul 3, 2018
If you're only going to have 2–3 pages for all of the saves you use, I really don't see why you need to rename your saves. It doesn't sound like you have enough branching in your playthroughs to worry about needing a reminder of what's where. If you really want to have individual saves named, by all means, knock yourself out. Personally, that would be way too cluttered and super annoying to have to do every time. Even what retnavgunner proposes would be annoying; at a minimum, I would right-click at a save point, click on a slot, then be forced to hit Enter to confirm that I didn't want to rename it. Proactively needing to indicate you want to change the name would be better IMO. It could even be something very simple: maybe use Shift+LMB when clicking on a slot to apply a name to the save while just LMB saves without asking you to rename anything. But, as you say, it's the dev's game . . . so whatever.
I have 2 pages, and one page is not even full. Each save is a path. I can look on one of twp pages and find my path. Now, for the big assumption you are making: At no time, are you 'forced' to name your save. If you do not want to name your save, then you click your save slot and you are done (refer to image S2). It is populated with the default save data, which is the day and date. To each of their own. If you prefer to have 12+ pages, then by all means have 12+ pages. Me, I prefer 1 maybe 2 pages with my path clearly identified, which to me means less clutter and better organization.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Because of the many paths one could take, I decided this one was in dire need of the ability to have named saves. I did find code that allowed that but it was rem'd out. I tried working with that, and still trying, but for now I inserted my code. The instructions telling you to name your save is in orange (I didn't want it to get lost by being in the same color). The default save name will be in blue just below that. I am assuming that viewing and loading auto saves were turned off for a reason, which I found odd because the game still does auto saves. Anyhow, it's turned on now because hey, I like my auto saves, otherwise our save folders become a bloated nightmare.
In case anyone else is like me and likes to save every time the screen goes blurry, I've combined your named saves with scrollable pages. I think 99 saves on a page should be enough for one playthrough even when the game is completed
2020-09-02_16-17.png
View attachment screens.rpy

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
In case anyone else is like me and likes to save every time the screen goes blurry, I've combined your named saves with scrollable pages. I think 99 saves on a page should be enough for one playthrough even when the game is completed
View attachment 798113
View attachment 798118
Only thing that would sound even better, would be some save system that allowed us to order our saves in a 3D view and draw lines between the different saves to mark branches. I just doubt we'll ever find anyone crazy enough to write a plugin for RenPy capable of doing that :-/

libertypics

Jan 23, 2019
Tentacles or BDSM in yet?
And enhanced human... is that a way of saying superpowers or is that a way of saying transformation-bimbofication? or something else?

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I've cleaned it up a bit and tried to make a mod for the game. It's my first attempt at modding stuff so let me know if the page numbers on the bottom disappear or something :LOL:
Installation is the same as any other mod, just extract the archive into "game" folder. Might also work with other games as long as they didn't change their save screens. Thanks to retnavgunner for the base of the named saves part

Here's how it's supposed to look like
2020-09-03_18-14.png
better_save_screen.zip

Reactions: retnavgunner

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Teach me for cleaning up my external storage without paying attention.

Deleted my 15b before the change and can I find it anywhere online, no I cannot.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Oh my gosh, this game gave me some serious shower thoughts after playing for an hour or two:

Also wow, this might be the first erotic game I ever played with a story so complicated that it literally gave me a headache
Don't think too much. Feeeeeel!

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes