VN Ren'Py Completed Elsaverse: Transitions [Ep. 1-7] [Tora Productions]

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Honest question: What's the difference between a "Kinetic Novel" and "Visual Novel"?

Loaded question: What is the threshold that makes something a "game"? (This clearly isn't one, but I wonder if there's consensus on that answer.)

Tlaero
don't think there is consensus which everybody would agree.

GusGlans

Jun 20, 2017
"Honest question: What's the difference between a "Kinetic Novel" and "Visual Novel"?

Loaded question: What is the threshold that makes something a "game"? (This clearly isn't one, but I wonder if there's consensus on that answer.)"

While I did not invent the tag "Kinetic Novel" I guess what is meant is a story which can go in 2,3, or 4 different directions depending on some choices.

This applies more or less to all "games" here which all have a limited amount of storylines and endings which are sometimes hard to find and to unlock. But none of them has elements which make others a game i.e. an unlimited number of situations and directions like chess or some simulation games or a random element.

Hence all "games" here are actually "kinetic novels" and the threshold to what some call a game is simply the number of mails calling for a walkthrough.

Anyway, I don't care how people call your work. I like it and it is simply enjoyable to watch what you do!

scannatore

Jul 11, 2017
Honest question: What's the difference between a "Kinetic Novel" and "Visual Novel"?

Loaded question: What is the threshold that makes something a "game"? (This clearly isn't one, but I wonder if there's consensus on that answer.)

Tlaero
There are many kinds of novels. Let's ignore published novels, and web novels. Sometimes they're even readable. :eek:
Light Novel is a story with drawn images, usually a book.
Visual Novel is a story with images, sometimes animates, 3D, drawn, usually on PC/consoles/phones.
Kinetic novel is a pain in the ass. It's a story that keep branching, often incomplete or empty, cause the author lost his/her brain in the middle. :ROFLMAO:
Only look a them if they're complete or the release number is really advanced, or you'll send so many curses you'll be damned or banned. :cool:
A game is a game if you can enjoy it. Period!

DarkWolf12

Jul 3, 2017
So I'm really curious, when did Tlaero come back? Last I remember, she'd left because she didn't want her fiance finding out about these games, and iksanobot had joined Mortze to write (the star wars game?)
I'm a little out of the loop, I think.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
So I'm really curious, when did Tlaero come back? Last I remember, she'd left because she didn't want her fiance finding out about these games, and iksanobot had joined Mortze to write (the star wars game?)
Iksanabot wrote the demo for Science of Lust but had to drop out due to work-related reasons. Then Mortze did the Star Wars game all by himself while Tlaero was slowly finding a better balance. Since then they have released "Elsa's Nightmares" (a linear story divided into several chapters like these "EV: Transitions") and "Life Changes for Keeley" (a complete game set in the Keeley-verse). So her 'retirement' has actually been quite an active one

Reactions: DarkWolf12

DarkWolf12

Jul 3, 2017
Iksanabot wrote the demo for Science of Lust but had to drop out due to work-related reasons. Then Mortze did the Star Wars game all by himself while Tlaero was slowly finding a better balance. Since then they have released "Elsa's Nightmares" (a linear story divided into several chapters like these "EV: Transitions") and "Life Changes for Keeley" (a complete game set in the Keeley-verse). So her 'retirement' has actually been quite an active one
Oh wow, that's a lot that happened, then XD Thanks for the detailed summary :D
It's a shame that iksanobot had to drop out, but I'm glad that Tlaero found a good balance that she's comfortable with.

Reactions: moskyx

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
She came back quite a bit ago, already released 1 game in Life Changes for Keeley and some short stories.

She found a good balance in her life and decided she wanted to write some more.

It's not a complete full time thing, Tlaero and Mortze do a joint effort release and then Mortze does a solo project to break things up a bit. Currently he's working on the next episode of his Star Wars game if I remember rightly.

Tlearo is doing this as a bridge to her next full project which will be an Elsaverse one.

Kinetic novel is a pain in the ass. It's a story that keep branching, often incomplete or empty, cause the author lost his/her brain in the middle. :ROFLMAO:
Kinetic Novels are linear stories with no choices or branches whatsoever.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

Tlaero
Well Wikipedia says...

vs.

Only look a them if they're complete or the release number is really advanced, or you'll send so many curses you'll be damned or banned. :cool:
According to the Wikipedia links I've just provided above, KN is actually the very opposite of what you wrote.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Furthermore, the stories are intended to bridge the gap between the previous 5 games and 10 short stories in this universe and the future ones. If you haven't played any of those, I'm not sure this is the place to start.

Tlaero
Ohhh, that kind of transition. :unsure: I'm with you now. New to this genre so I didn't know what kind of game this would be. Looks good, but I'll need to start at the beginning.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ohhh, that kind of transition. :unsure: I'm with you now. New to this genre so I didn't know what kind of game this would be. Looks good, but I'll need to start at the beginning.
If you haven't played any Elsaverse games you will need to play the original 4.

Dreaming With Elsa.
Redemption for Jessika.
Finding Miranda.
Saving Chloe.

In that order.

Reactions: Kellermann

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
If you haven't played any Elsaverse games you will need to play the original 4.

Dreaming With Elsa.
Redemption for Jessika.
Finding Miranda.
Saving Chloe.

In that order.
started from this and no intentions to play "prequels".

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Then you'll miss lots of references and character development, and maybe even the main point of the story. Those games are not "prequels" but the actual foundation of the story-arc and lore.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Then you'll miss lots of references and character development, and maybe even the main point of the story. Those games are not "prequels" but the actual foundation of the story-arc and lore.
yea but no further interest than this.

Jul 13, 2018
i
Tlaero came back some time ago , as for iksanabot it wasnt the star wars game he was helping with but a game called Science of Lust , sadly that project never advanced more than the prologue. Which is sad , the girls in the game look really good so i wonder if the game was just abandoned or if its still being made

Jul 13, 2018
I'm confused by this. Most of my games have 8 or more sex scenes in them.

Tlaero
Tlaero talking about games and since somebody mentioned iksanbot,do you know if the game Mortze and iksanbot were working on called "Science of Lust" is still being made ? We only got the prologue but the game was interesting and the girls were gorgeous. If for some reason that project was dropped can you or Mortze include some of that game models in another game

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
That's fair. No matter how far into the overarching story a VN is, every release needs to be at least entertaining on its own. If it's not, that's on me. Thank you for giving this one a try, and I hope you enjoy it.

Tlaero

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes