4.20 star(s) 26 Votes

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
With so many people saying how great this VN is and how much everyone has apparently been enjoying the 5 episodes this guy had delivered to date, it's simply amazing that it just wasn't good enough to attract enough backers to help him continue working full time on it. It's always severely risky to seriously undertake to be able to do this as a full time occupation, but nevertheless in the wake of such an impressive creation and the positive spirits and high hopes it must have generated, the ultimately ignominious decision to have to return to his old job must, to this day, be a very bitter, potentially even humiliating, pill to have to swallow. In the absence of proof to the contrary, Palemaster is entitled to the benefit of any scepticism or doubt about the truth of his explanation and I accordingly feel really, really bad and sad for him. Having produced such beautiful work to such a high standard he must be very disillusioned and demoralized. I hope he's okay and that he can still find some solace in the ongoing private development which will, at least, keep his creation alive for him.

palemaster

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2018
Hello everyone. As I stated to a few people, I never officially decided to abandon this game. In the middle of the 6th episode production I had the opportunity to go back to my old job and I took it. The game never gave me the return I was expecting.
I can only speculate the reasons for that. Maybe NTR flirts and hints, the lack of promotion and advertisement...maybe the game was simply not good enough.

I accepted the job because the support stagnated and I needed to complement my income. Back then I firmly believed that I could keep developing in my free time. What didn't happen. Over time the game, this thread, itch.io and even my patreon page became sources of anxiety that I started to avoid. I don't even know the last time I read this thread.
Two months ago a former patreon offered a good amount of money to create an exclusive scene. I Accepted for the money but eventually enjoyed doing it once again. I don't have the pressure of dealing with different kind people, hurtful criticism and I finally feel rewarded for the amount of work I put into this.

I didn't come here to tell you I'm coming back. That I'll start developing the game once again. At least not yet. My job and the deal I have with this person put me in a comfortable position. But I know it won't last forever. And deep down I want to finish what I started.
In practice, for the time being, the game is abandoned, I'll warn you all when I'm ready to bring it back.

I haven't yet but I'll spend the rest of the night reading the posts in this thread.
Thank you for the Love. And I'm sorry for letting you guys down.

ep6prev.jpg ep6prev2.jpg

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Hello everyone. As I stated to a few people, I never officially decided to abandon this game. In the middle of the 6th episode production I had the opportunity to go back to my old job and I took it. The game never gave me the return I was expecting.
I can only speculate the reasons for that. Maybe NTR flirts and hints, the lack of promotion and advertisement...maybe the game was simply not good enough.

I accepted the job because the support stagnated and I needed to complement my income. Back then I firmly believed that I could keep developing in my free time. What didn't happen. Over time the game, this thread, itch.io and even my patreon page became sources of anxiety that I started to avoid. I don't even know the last time I read this thread.
Two months ago a former patreon offered a good amount of money to create an exclusive scene. I Accepted for the money but eventually enjoyed doing it once again. I don't have the pressure of dealing with different kind people, hurtful criticism and I finally feel rewarded for the amount of work I put into this.

I didn't come here to tell you I'm coming back. That I'll start developing the game once again. At least not yet. My job and the deal I have with this person put me in a comfortable position. But I know it won't last forever. And deep down I want to finish what I started.
In practice, for the time being, the game is abandoned, I'll warn you all when I'm ready to bring it back.

I haven't yet but I'll spend the rest of the night reading the posts in this thread.

View attachment 1720845 View attachment 1720846
Dude, unless you are making enough on patreon to make it your source of livelihood, just treat it as a hobby. I know everyone has a different personality. You seem like the type to take criticism very personality and have a desire to please everyone. You simply can't please everyone. Especially not on this fucking site. There are entitled twats that will give you a hard time.

Grow a thick skin. Ignore the idiots. Focus on your life first. Communicate clearly that you gotta work and don't have as much time as you'd want to work on the game. Tell them you are writing the story that you find enjoyable, if people don't like some parts of it, that is their problem. Work on the game when you have time and only as far as it stays enjoyable and fulfilling to you.

Seriously, I don't know what your peak was on patreon, but there is just simply no reason to treat it like a job where you are beholden to others. That is, unless it does become a job that is your main source of income. I'd guess that it wasn't anywhere near that, so it is better to use the "hobby mentality" until it becomes financially viable to treat it as a job with all the responsibility to your customers and shit.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
It takes a lot of work and time to get to the point where you can live off of things like these. Those big games with a huge number of supporters tend to be from devs who already have 1 or 2 completed games in their belt. Even the ones that do have completed games not always end up being that big.

palemaster Take your time. We love what you've done with the game so far and will always want more, but if it's becoming a source of anxiety then you're right to step back.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You keep your job! That decison was the smartest and still is.
There are countless rule 3 4 devs who do on demand vids and short movies and simply art - wallpapers/comics.
They have for years, some 10s of years, buiding portofolios like tattoo artists or painters or sculpters.
Believe it or not, most you never heard of unless you went and looked at ru le 3 4 .
Do have a look from time to time at your codes, polish what you have, see if you can integrate the scenes
you have so far and simply make a propper send off for this game when it gets too nagging to keep procrastinating.

There is no pressure.
Simpy release that half update that is there while doing comissions.
When the time comes, you will know it.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020

View attachment 1720845 View attachment 1720846
Loved the game, the premise and all the characters were compelling and had me invested immediately, but I also understand you gotta do what you gotta do to survive and if this just ends up being a fun hobby to do in your spare time, so be it. I was bummed when it was abandoned, but I understood and am optimistic when the time is right, you will come back to it. (y)

Jul 13, 2018
I am mystified why some absolutely excellent games (e.g. Elysion, The Interview, A long Journey) get so little support while other mediocre games barely progress and drown in supporters. It is really strange.

I really loved the story you created here, but you do what's best for you. You can't let criticism get to you. People are spiteful and they will always try to make you create something that fits their own idea of what it should be. If you let yourself being dragged into that game, you'll never escape that cycle. Follow your own creative vision. I hope you get back into it, but if you do, do it for yourself.

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
man's gotta eat first

for what it's worth, i thought the game was great and i'm sad to see it discontinued, but i could definitely understand the stuff you were describing and i think the vast majority of people were mostly like me, who just saw a game they liked and hoped for more

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I agree with what has been said but when you take money from people it would have been nice to inform them that it's "on hold". Don't read the comments if it gives you anxiety. It wouldn't have change much about your support but maybe more people would have stayed patrons. I didn't and because of the lack of communication I don't think I'll come back supporting

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Maybe NTR flirts and hints
Here you have the major reason, if I'm not mistaken even talked with you about it in some post here in the thread and was the reason that i stoped playing the game too.
Because other than that the game seemed to have potential.

To have a game making big bucks ussualy takes a good amount of time for it to be accomplished and when you put NTR on it you are already driving a very big bunch of players away making it much much harder to make big bucks.

I wish you the best be it in your job or making vn's and if you end up making another game without NTR/sharing/swinging i may give it a try .

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
see this is what pisses me off, people who come to these sites and come on the threads to complain about a game if they dont like it or it doesnt have what they want on it, doesnt release updates when they want them released.. people come here to just complain and bitch about it and it makes the devs legit not want to be here or do what they was doing. imagine putting months/years into stuff where people complain constantly but still like and play it and just shit on you.. if a game has a tag you dont like, if you dont like a game, just dont play it.. why waste time and try bring down people just because your selfish ass isnt getting exactly what you want?

theres so many games here to play, theres so many different types of games to suit so many different types of people. how selfish of a person must someone be to expect every game to suit them and be catered to them.

IDK what went wrong with your promo or anything like that, i only use this site for these games and when i see the game i played it, people do go ape shit over NTR but i dont even remember NTR in the game but its been a while since i played. The safe bet is usually to go with no NTR or at least make it optional but at the end of the day you gotta make what is in your vision. If you listen to too many different people then it will take away from what you want to do. When i played this it definitely interested me and i liked the game and you obviously have the talent to make games at a good level so would be a shame to completely stop but you gotta do whats best for you. Good luck with the future and i hope ya get back to it at one point and find a way to tune out the scummy people that sometimes come here.

Marine1952

May 13, 2017
I am really bummed that you are putting this on hold but you have to earn enough money to live and be productive. To hell with the NTR haters it was a very small part of this game and was easily avoidable. I really love this game and will be looking for it to come back. This is your game so you be you and do it the way you want. I hope the future is bright for you. Thanks for all the work you have already given us. Great game.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Here you have the major reason, if I'm not mistaken even talked with you about it in some post here in the thread and was the reason that i stoped playing the game too.
Because other than that the game seemed to have potential.

To have a game making big bucks ussualy takes a good amount of time for it to be accomplished and when you put NTR on it you are already driving a very big bunch of players away making it much much harder to make big bucks.

I wish you the best be it in your job or making vn's and if you end up making another game without NTR/sharing/swinging i may give it a try .
This attitude is what bugs many of us. Very, very few games on here have forced swinging/sharing/etc--virtually none. And of those, they are clearly labeled on the OP. Yet, slap that label on a game, explain that the choices are optional and some folks will nevertheless have an immediate tonic-clonic seizure and refuse to play. Not only refuse to play, but wail bitterly about it.

To contrast, I don't care for forced harem and/or incest games. They are almost always a terribly lazy way of writing as no tension has to be developed (not to mention that there are greater odds of being attacked by tentacled space aliens than ever having multiple women being ok with sharing). So I will ask if there are options built into the game that will allow rejection of characters. If not, I will say no more and leave. But when it comes to NTR, all hell breaks loose from peeps even though routes are optional. I have advocated in previous posts that I wish there was an entirely separate forum thread for NTR games.

To anyone contemplating making a game such as this...create your thesis, outline the story, make the story. Learn from it, enjoy it, make it for your sake. You will not please everyone, but you can choose to be humble and gracious.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 26 Votes