Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I should have been more precise with my post; but what I meant with patch 4 is literally that patch. I was writing that post, so that you had updated it, dl'd it, tried again - still the same issue. I've tried it again now and I'm still getting the error.

Is there anything to patching ren'py games I'm forgetting? You just overwrite the files (well, scripts.rpa) and that's it, right?
Or does this simply not work on an ongoing save?
Well, the game did have a typo, but your error was fixed in the 0.4c -- fixed wrong, but 'fixed'. I'm not sure what the issue is with yours in particular, but I already do need a patch for the 0.4c version. JFC.

Not only that, but I'm out the door for my normal job so I can't fix it. I will have to patch and upload later.

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Reactions: Soniram

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Love this game! It's a gem. But I am stuck.
Can't find Calis thick
Can't do more potions, so I guess the scene with Valkan doesn't get triggerd?
What do I miss?
I have version 0.4c

View attachment 2283631 View attachment 2283632 View attachment 2283633 View attachment 2283634 View attachment 2283634
To get to 3 potions and 8 ingredients, you need to initiate one trade with Horace. Just sell one ingredient. That will bump you to 3/8.

You can also buy a potion from Horace that you need three of to get to the scene, which will happen at night in the shop.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
FIX 01 for 0.4c breaks the game for me. 0.4c by itself will start, but if I apply the fix it crashes on startup.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I... honestly have no idea what that might be. I'll check on it and see. As far as I know, no one else has reported this problem but you might also be the first to try the fix patch. :D I'll look into it and respond to the post again when I have some info. Thanks.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
FIX 01 for 0.4c breaks the game for me. 0.4c by itself will start, but if I apply the fix it crashes on startup.

The first indication is an anti-virus program may be deleting files required for it to run. Another possibility may be a corrupt RPYC file. I'm not at home so downloading the 0.4c and FIX 01 to test myself.

EDIT: Okay, I am running into the same error. Checking on things.

EDIT #2: I am pretty sure I know what the error is, though it requires me to be at home to fix it. I will be updating the patch tonight.

EDIT #3: Yes, the error is now fixed. I am building the new updates now. Patch will be put in another post after this one, labeled FIX 02.

Last edited:

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Ok, I need some help.

1. I can not find/buy/whatever I need to make the Fulcrum potion. Any ideas?

2. How do I trigger the ability to write Beatrice again for the second time to help the goblin?

Any help would be appreciated.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Ok, I need some help.

1. I can not find/buy/whatever I need to make the Fulcrum potion. Any ideas?

2. How do I trigger the ability to write Beatrice again for the second time to help the goblin?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017

Thanks for the reply. I figured them out. I just had to advance another thread in order to be able to go back to Rilea. I thought I had to write a letter and not talk to the aunt.

And it was what you were thinking.

Again thanks.

Reactions: Soniram

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
The journal says I have to check on Lerran, but her room stops being in the list after her hair has grown.

Kingpop89

Apr 10, 2018
I still can't visit cali's thicket even after downloading the fix. I saw the valken in the forest seen already.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Have you gone to the daughter twice?
All the way until it said no more content for Erranda, and completed the necessary threads too, seeing as it gives me that hint.

Edit: found out that you visit Lerran in the evening instead after the Rilea revisit.

Last edited:

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
So we have to choose between following Artesia's, Gisele's, or Jasmine's stories? Why not make all three available at the same time?

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I've done every other character's content, completed all content for current threads, but this still won't happen.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I've done every other character's content, completed all content for current threads, but this still won't happen.
You've encountered a bug with Genny where you went back and continued talking/kissing her to raise her devotion count higher than should have been possible. The bug was fixed but looks like the damage was done. If you can dev-tool, I can give you the correct variables you'll need to fix it, or you can drop me the save and I can look at fixing it.

Reactions: DarkDaemonX
4.40 star(s) 18 Votes