Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
can someone help me i have version 0.4b and still i cant find cali i dont even have an option to ring bell or to go to thicket
Update to the 0.4b FIX 01 patch. You can find the link above or clicking HERE.

After you get the patch, forward time at least one position and then it should work.

Aprxd

Apr 25, 2018
There's two bugs that cause the progress tracking in the journal to increase by one, if you go stay at Beatrice's house while the letter to the ex is being delivered and see the scene, the next time you go and stay after Cali comes back, you see the scene again(modified version) I believe that it was intended to show one or the other only once.

The other is if you talk with Katira in the evening the next day after sending her to hunt, you are able to see the greater withstand scene again, which increases the journal counter by one, I could do it two times in the same playthrough
screenshot0001.png

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Same deal as others I can't go to the thicket, even with the fix.
If you have had the scene where Valkan comes to the shop to search but haven't seen the one where you find him in the forest, then the thicket is unavailable. You have to wait until the forest scene.

If you've seen that one, or haven't had the shop search scene yet, then I will need to see your save, as I cannot possibly fathom what the problem would be.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
There's two bugs that cause the progress tracking in the journal to increase by one, if you go stay at Beatrice's house while the letter to the ex is being delivered and see the scene, the next time you go and stay after Cali comes back, you see the scene again(modified version) I believe that it was intended to show one or the other only once.

The other is if you talk with Katira in the evening the next day after sending her to hunt, you are able to see the greater withstand scene again, which increases the journal counter by one, I could do it two times in the same playthrough
View attachment 2280912
I will look into this shortly for the next fix patch. Thank you.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I can't call cali even after downloading the fix
That's because Cali is at the shop watching Katira/Goblin after Valkan's visit, as they said. The journal says:

It will happen very soon and it will happen at night. You'll need potions to heal, to rest, to protect, and ingredients as well. More than you think.
You need more potions. It's primed to trigger when you have enough.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/decisions.rpy", line 96, in <module>
NameError: name 'letter_burton' is not defined
I think this is supposed to be burton_letter? Maybe?

Started my save without the extra patches, then patch 3, just tried patch 4. Still there.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/decisions.rpy", line 96, in <module>
NameError: name 'letter_burton' is not defined
I think this is supposed to be burton_letter? Maybe?

Started my save without the extra patches, then patch 3, just tried patch 4. Still there.
That was one of the fixes in the 0.4c version. There's a patch just above here for the 0.4c version where it should be fixed. :)

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
I should have been more precise with my post; but what I meant with patch 4 is literally that patch. I was writing that post, so that you had updated it, dl'd it, tried again - still the same issue. I've tried it again now and I'm still getting the error.

Is there anything to patching ren'py games I'm forgetting? You just overwrite the files (well, scripts.rpa) and that's it, right?
Or does this simply not work on an ongoing save?

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes