Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Were you able to load the game before? Does it show anything at all?

The information I am getting is there is something with the images being loaded through your computer. The resolution is 16x9 (yeah, I know. Sorry, screwed up right at the beginning and it's stuck at this) if that helps.

EDIT: Looking a little bit deeper, I notice your tracebacks have quite a few call statements, which was a problem with earlier versions of ECA which caused some memory/lag issues. The code was updated in 0.5, but previous saves still have the "call memory stack" that can cause the game to lag. That might be a contributing factor.

Other posts and sites, like are indicating some fixes for what may be the original issue -- not the "out of memory" error. The image is present and it is 1600x900 and the metadata checks out fine.

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Were you able to load the game before? Does it show anything at all?

The information I am getting is there is something with the images being loaded through your computer. The resolution is 16x9 (yeah, I know. Sorry, screwed up right at the beginning and it's stuck at this) if that helps.

EDIT: Looking a little bit deeper, I notice your tracebacks have quite a few call statements, which was a problem with earlier versions of ECA which caused some memory/lag issues. The code was updated in 0.5, but previous saves still have the "call memory stack" that can cause the game to lag. That might be a contributing factor.

Other posts and sites, like are indicating some fixes for what may be the original issue -- not the "out of memory" error. The image is present and it is 1600x900 and the metadata checks out fine.
So the memory error might have been something else causing my laptops memory to get used up causing that crash. Game seems to work fine while at low ram usage

I was able to load the game previously, but using back in the quick menu can cause lag

Reactions: Soniram

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
So the memory error might have been something else causing my laptops memory to get used up causing that crash. Game seems to work fine while at low ram usage

I was able to load the game previously, but using back in the quick menu can cause lag
I will look into the lag issue. Thanks. :)

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Also, in regards Yanwei, does accepting the scene with the potion decide whether you're on a romance path with her or not? Like if it's possible to treat her properly as a person later by refusing, then I can wait.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Also, in regards Yanwei, does accepting the scene with the potion decide whether you're on a romance path with her or not? Like if it's possible to treat her properly as a person later by refusing, then I can wait.
There are two 'paths' for Yanwei, and they aren't mutually exclusive. You can (eventually) "rent" her for sex while Horace watches and also have an individual "love" path that doesn't include Horace. You can do both, however this first part with Horace is the only time you can accept/refuse that part in the game.

Additionally, the "rent" part isn't implemented yet (and isn't planned in 0.5.1) but it will be in the next full update.

Reactions: S1nsational

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Not sure if it's a bug or an oversight or what but when talking to Cali after waking her up in her home, she refers only to our having fingered her and acts like we never saw her naked before. I chose to have sex with her under the tree on the way into town.

Also, Cali changes colours every so often.
Cali changing colours.png
Personally I by far prefer her sapphire blue look over her grey look.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Not sure if it's a bug or an oversight or what but when talking to Cali after waking her up in her home, she refers only to our having fingered her and acts like we never saw her naked before. I chose to have sex with her under the tree on the way into town.

Also, Cali changes colours every so often.

Personally I by far prefer her sapphire blue look over her grey look.
Probably a slight error in pathing. I'll check into it.

The 'color change' is actually due to the "time" change. She will appear gray (her normal color) during the morning and midday. She's a bit more tan-gray in the evening and shows up blue at night.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The Thread "Saving Sargent Valkan" is supposed to happen on night 101, I'm on day 120 and it never happened, so will that block me from progressing in the game?

I save a lot, probably more than most, but it'd still be painful trying to find a load that's before 101 to try and trigger the event

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The Thread "Saving Sargent Valkan" is supposed to happen on night 101, I'm on day 120 and it never happened, so will that block me from progressing in the game?

I save a lot, probably more than most, but it'd still be painful trying to find a load that's before 101 to try and trigger the event
I was able to find an early save close to 101 and trigger the event, but still super annoying to loose all the progress I'd already made

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I was able to find an early save close to 101 and trigger the event, but still super annoying to loose all the progress I'd already made
Each scene requires some kind of trigger. AFAIK, there's no way to block off a path accidentally, but it is possible certain paths could possibly do that. Without knowing where you were with the issue prior, I won't be able to know what path might have led to an issue that kept scenes from happening.

The game is still undergoing updates and fixes, so errors are very likely to happen. I appreciate any reports on these kinds of errors because I don't want the game to be "super annoying". That's not my aim.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Each scene requires some kind of trigger. AFAIK, there's no way to block off a path accidentally, but it is possible certain paths could possibly do that. Without knowing where you were with the issue prior, I won't be able to know what path might have led to an issue that kept scenes from happening.

The game is still undergoing updates and fixes, so errors are very likely to happen. I appreciate any reports on these kinds of errors because I don't want the game to be "super annoying". That's not my aim.
The problem was I spent the night of 101 in a different location than the trigger location and thus the event didn't trigger. Because the event has to happen on day 101 there was no way to trigger the event afterwards without loading back to a previous save. Also it turned out various character paths were blocked behind this thread event happening, so I wouldn't have been able to progress them without having done the event

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
The problem was I spent the night of 101 in a different location than the trigger location and thus the event didn't trigger. Because the event has to happen on day 101 there was no way to trigger the event afterwards without loading back to a previous save. Also it turned out various character paths were blocked behind this thread event happening, so I wouldn't have been able to progress them without having done the event
There is no trigger that has a specific day. It might say that in the hints, but there is never, ever a "day == X" trigger. The reason the hints are written like that are mostly due to space limitations.

EDIT: To elaborate, all the day-triggers are coded in two different ways. The first looks at a "dayflag" that must be reached for the scene to trigger. For example, when you finish say, Reece05, it will set a flag that says "this amount of days must pass before the next scene (Reece06) can fire".

The other is a simple one like "if day >= 29", which triggers the first dream sequence.

There is a location requirement to be at the shop (or elsewhere, or sleep in the bed) for various scenes to trigger, but the day itself doesn't have to be specific. I've tried to be as elaborate as I can in the hints, but again, space can sometimes be an issue.

This doesn't change the fact there may be paths that "shut themselves off" in some way. I fix those ASAP when I can identify them because those are not supposed to happen and are important to fix. With how many paths there actually are, depending on how players play the scenes and even, in some cases, the order they do them, I cannot be certain I've fixed all bugs and rely on people to report errors and such. Usually, I can figure out the problem with a copy of the save file so I can see the variables, as those tell me exactly where in the story they are.

Last edited:

Herbertinho

Oct 16, 2020
What's the recent news ? I thought we were getting an update at the end of this month (but i could be misremembering) tho).

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
What's the recent news ? I thought we were getting an update at the end of this month (but i could be misremembering) tho).
0.5.1 Public will be released on Friday/Saturday, depending on where you live. Due to the time it can take for the Latest Updates page can be updated, I'll post here to indicate the release is uploaded on the OP. It will also be available on itch.io on the same day. This update is rather small.

The next update, 0.6, is likely to be released in late June or early July and will be much larger.

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes