Wr1ckad

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2019
Ephemeral Gate [v.0.21][Wr1ckad]

Hey Everyone!
Here's the public release of Ephemeral Gate from the 28th of November, with some added changes. Hope you enjoy!

Link to release post:

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - -

Aug 14, 2022
According to the tags it's a harem and NTR game, so it's normal that people who like one or the other come here. If you don't want people who like the harem to come, you can always complain to the Dev and ask him to remove that part of the game. EDIT: Melolibya, I understand that it annoys you that people complain about the NTR, and I think I misunderstood your reference to the harem as a complaint that followers of that genre came to the thread. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Personally I don't like the NTR, but being easily avoidable I don't see what problem its existence can cause me. And having the romance and harem tags, I'm sure I'll at least try to see if I can like it.

EDIT:

Gudil, if you don't like that the NTR is avoidable and that the game is harem, it's not my problem. You can give all the facepalms you want, that will not change this fact.
Since you played it is it worth the hustle ? Im into RPGMaker and from the sounds NTR is avoidable.
Whats the catch ? To short or to grindy ?

Aug 14, 2022
I see there is some love in the game just need some time in the oven. Not much in the game even less sexual stuff with MC if you looking for MC-Dick-only action. Didnt touched NTR so cant say if there is more or less but from comments there are more of it. Village and surroundings has good visual details and you can find some stuff here and there which encourage the player to go out and explore.

Its easy to see where the yuri characters are (Kasumi aka MC sis and Amelia :rolleyes:)
Broodmother fight was hard but is manageble. However after killing her and talking with the hunter there is no reward and he pops out of the world but when you talk to the spot he stood it seems he is still there...but invisible.

Suggestions:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kind to early to judge the game. Creator said we should wait for 0.3 or even for 0.4 since then the romance and sex scene will really start to happen. Gonna check it out when its out :sleep::coffee:

sorasatomura

Jun 19, 2018
The game's concept looks interesting and given the visual inspirations you said you have.

your project can become something very good (something that is hard to find lately)

So, I'll keep an eye out for updates.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Since you played it is it worth the hustle ? Im into RPGMaker and from the sounds NTR is avoidable.
Whats the catch ? To short or to grindy ?
I played what I suppose would be the intro and little else. The game was short, but there have been several updates (I played version 0.1, and I have downloaded 0.1.5.1 but haven't played it) since then, actually to see if it's really interesting I should try now and see how is it, since when I played it there was not much content.

People can say what they want about ntr, they get a ton of downloads. and whenever there are 2 version of non ntr and ntr, ntr always wins. according to gofile at least.
I don't know exactly what you're talking about... This game doesn't have two versions, it's a single version where you can play the NTR or not, at the player's choice. Also, the NTR is just as easily avoided as not choosing to trade the MC for any of the LIs. In fact, I haven't seen too many (I think one) games where two versions, one with NTR and one without NTR, exist as entirely separate games.

For the rest, if you do a quick search, almost none of the top-rated games on the forum have NTR (in fact, out of the top 30 it seems to me that only one has NTR). So comparing the few games that have two different downloadable versions (with and without NTR) to reach a conclusion seems risky to me.

Chris2041

Oct 12, 2017
From what i see the sexual content is almost everything whit the NTR yes i know IS avoidable but the only scene at the moment that the MC gets IS a blowjob i usually i dont care if its avoidable but IS 50/50 but a the moment IS the most content in the Game
IS this more focused on NTR dev ? Better safe than sorry

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Decent amount of content so far

Havent met any NTR stuff since i only let my mc lead the party so thats a gud thing

But i think i did everything there is to do ?

I think we cant acces the wizard academy yet ?

I defeated the riots and the sewer dungeon

Would be a good idea for the dev to show wich main quest are avialable or not

Caus otherwise u be running around doing nothing

UncleTom123

May 4, 2019
For the rest, if you do a quick search, almost none of the top-rated games on the forum have NTR (in fact, out of the top 30 it seems to me that only one has NTR). So comparing the few games that have two different downloadable versions (with and without NTR) to reach a conclusion seems risky to me.
If a game has a version with avoidable NTR and another version with no NTR it would still make sense to download the version with avoidable NTR just to feel like you're not missing content or if you want to do some kind of NG+ where you just want to do the opposite of a normal playthrough or you give a character you dislike away or whatever... Unless you are deadly allergic to it.

Wr1ckad

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2019
How do you heal your party? I can't even sleep anywhere.
Consumables or the church

IS this more focused on NTR dev ? Better safe than sorry
Not planned to be at this point, no. I suppose the issue is I feel the love routes need more build up, while NTR can sort of get right to the action.

I think we cant acces the wizard academy yet ?
That is correct. Hopefully that is the next update.

I defeated the riots and the sewer dungeon
How did you find the combat balance? Do combats drag on too much, or do you feel they were too difficult or easy?

I have the same issue, has it been solved? If so what's the solution?
Sent the files to the dev like he asked but got no answer and the game still crashes in the current version.
Thank you for that. I really appreciate it, but I have not been able to solve it.
Both of you could try the solution by murrrph of launching it in administrator mode and see if that works.

Reactions: Feyd

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
The game would really benefit from mouse support. Playing in full screen also makes the resolution on my monitors do the Truffle Shuffle but switching to windowed fixed that.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
If a game has a version with avoidable NTR and another version with no NTR it would still make sense to download the version with avoidable NTR just to feel like you're not missing content or if you want to do some kind of NG+ where you just want to do the opposite of a normal playthrough or you give a character you dislike away or whatever... Unless you are deadly allergic to it.
I'm not sure what's the point of making a game with avoidable NTR and an identical one where there is no NTR. If the no NTR story on both is the same, it's probably easier to include an option on the former to disable NTR right away, as indeed many games do.

In my case, the chances of me wanting to have a NTR scene in a game are about the same as my chances of wanting to gouge my eye out with a teaspoon. None (in case it wasn't clear)

Chris2041

Oct 12, 2017
Consumables or the church

Not planned to be at this point, no. I suppose the issue is I feel the love routes need more build up, while NTR can sort of get right to the action.

That is correct. Hopefully that is the next update.

How did you find the combat balance? Do combats drag on too much, or do you feel they were too difficult or easy?

Thank you for that. I really appreciate it, but I have not been able to solve it.
Both of you could try the solution by murrrph of launching it in administrator mode and see if that works.
well i hope is not gonna take to much i feel like im playing for nothing at this pace if i tell you the truth i get that you want a slow burn in the romance path but already 90 % of the sexual content is NTR and feels cheap that the LIs get in bed very fast whit other people and you have to work really hard and you get nothing
im gonna wait a little but if the content is not gonna be balanced i guess this isnt my type of game i guess

Last edited:

slepth

Aug 5, 2016
Dear Dev,

After playing 0.21, I have 3 suggestions:
1. Instead of running around to find the companion related event(s), make it visible to everyone and put an icon/potrait hovering on the event location so you can can come back with the correct character.
2. If you are going to add more companion, please add a seperate tab for companions. That tab with a list of their story, hints to events, gift they liked, etc.
3. Please add tags/" !" above important/story related places. For instance, the sewer entrance and story characters. The eastern commander was somewhere?, I had to look around for him.

Question:
1. Are you going to add combat rape or clothing destruction?

Thanks.

2.60 star(s) 8 Votes