Wr1ckad

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2019
Just want to let you know that the latest version of Ephemeral Gate is now out on my patreon for Bronze Rank and up. Public release is scheduled for next weekend, which hopefully also means I've ironed out any bugs I come across for that release.

Wr1ckad

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2019
Ephemeral Gate [v.0.151][Wr1ckad]

Hey Everyone!
Here's the public release of Ephemeral Gate from the 23rd of October, with some added changes. Hope you enjoy!
It is likely that saves from v.0.1 are not compatible or causes errors and bugs, but you can now skip ahead to chapter 2 when you are starting the game.

Link to release post:

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - -

Last edited:

Wr1ckad

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2019
Will ntr events be all bad endings? I played the first release and I didn't like that approach...
Not all the events I have planned are going to be "bad ends", but the majority of the ntr story lines will probably be, unless I figure out some other system.

can someone explain me what a dilf is?
"Dad I'd like to fuck", older man basically

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Ephemeral Gate [v0.151] [Wr1ckad] – COMPRESSED

Win v0.151 · · · (273.1 MiB :: 752.3 MiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

Gudil

Aug 21, 2021
Not all the events I have planned are going to be "bad ends", but the majority of the ntr story lines will probably be, unless I figure out some other system.

"Dad I'd like to fuck", older man basically
A pitty, for me the kink that I am interested being a bad ending is not what I look for in a game, though I wish you good luck in the development, all in all is a good game with good renders, just not a game for me.

JD-95

Aug 21, 2021
First time I extracted the game it asked me to install RPGM VX Ace to play. I did that. Now there is no error but the game just crashes after a second of black screen. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Reactions: viejopeter

SPEEDxxDEMON

Aug 10, 2019
hi wondering how do you get your HP back up besides using potions and items, cant seem to sleep in your room. Thanks

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Very nice update, like how the sewer dungeon has so much to discover!

Found bugs:
* the Kasumi date "Go to the park" just leads to a black sceen (the 2nd date with going shopping works after getting more relationship)
* turning in the quest of the armorer has a screen where all i can do is press cancel (sent the weapons to the guard). Quest is over but still in questlog with 0/0
* Armorer offers to teach a skill (armorers indication), crashes the game with error message

Also, a few questions:
- how can i rest up in the hero estate (or elsewhere)?
- Is there an event for Lucielle somewhere (i.e. solo content) & if so where?
- Is there content for "riot in the streets?" or later quests already or is the sewer the current end?

Last edited:

Wr1ckad

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2019
it would be nice if ntr is implemented into the story instead of bad ending
The Elinore NTR event at the very least is planned to have some story consequences.

Also, a few questions:
- how can i rest up in the hero estate (or elsewhere)?
- Is there an event for Lucielle somewhere (i.e. solo content) & if so where?
- Is there content for "riot in the streets?" or later quests already or is the sewer the current end?
Thank you so much for reporting these bugs! It's a big help. You overlook so many things when you do play testing yourself.

As for your questions, no way to rest up in the estate at the moment. I was torn on if I should add it or not, as my original design goal was to make the game more... resource management-y. But if there is overwhelming demand I might add it.

Currently no events for wandering around as Lucielle. I ran out of time for this update.

Sewer is the current end. Riot in the streets is what I'm focusing on for the next update.

hi wondering how do you get your HP back up besides using potions and items, cant seem to sleep in your room. Thanks
Items, or visit the church/clerics (one in residential district and one in the palace, but takes money) for now.

First time I extracted the game it asked me to install RPGM VX Ace to play. I did that. Now there is no error but the game just crashes after a second of black screen. Anyone else have this happen to them?
Do you get any error message? Anything that can help me locate the issue?

I installed RPG Maker VX Ace RTP, but the game crashes when I open it
Do you receive any error messages when it crashes?

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
As for your questions, no way to rest up in the estate at the moment. I was torn on if I should add it or not, as my original design goal was to make the game more... resource management-y. But if there is overwhelming demand I might add it.
Ah i see, that's no problem i was just surprised with all those owned beds but no way to use them. I wouldn't mind if resting requires money or buying provisions (price -> same or similar compared to cleric). That way players cannot spam resting but are still able to utilize their home base.

Currently no events for wandering around as Lucielle. I ran out of time for this update.

Sewer is the current end. Riot in the streets is what I'm focusing on for the next update.
Thanks, looking forward to it! The districts feels really vibrant with all the little hidden things & NPCs with small stories etc. Maybe if a quest cannot be pursued in the current version, you could add a small note in its quest log entry saying "not implemented yet, check back in later versions" (or similar). That way its description is still there and something to look forward to, but its also clear its not available yet so players don't wonder whether they just missed talking to the right NPC... (but its a minor convenience thing, not important really)

Last edited:
2.60 star(s) 8 Votes