FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Party panties from music performances and the panty weather are pretty much the only way I add to my collection, since I refuse to do the pilfer method.
I'm almost done with my music collection so I've been seeing more positive reactions from that, even the career musicians are less prone to throw stones lately.
Good relationships will also help with getting good party reactions, though some 2hus seem to be more grumpy at music parties than others.
I've been getting asked to instruct 2hus in music playing quite a lot so there's about 20-40 extra musicians among the cast right now, and I'm wondering if doing that makes them more prone to throw rocks at you.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
If it scales like fights, probably. Fights always need some item or always being one level ahead of them. I fought Cirno one level ahead, and I managed to fuck up on the final round and lost by one.

Ortresia

Feb 7, 2021
I'm almost done with my music collection so I've been seeing more positive reactions from that, even the career musicians are less prone to throw stones lately.
I've been getting asked to instruct 2hus in music playing quite a lot so there's about 20-40 extra musicians among the cast right now, and I'm wondering if doing that makes them more prone to throw rocks at you.
Music collection are more powerful than music skill, which is weird. I still get unimpressed reaction or stoned to death at party with level 6 skill but after gaining more music sheet that rarely happen. I not sure about musician part but normally those who throw the rock are natural musician which have level 3 or 4 skill at least so your pupil probably won't do that.

It kinda sad that I often practice with Primsriver and they still the first one to throw the rock at me...

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
If I remember, you have to always be a level higher than them. If your music skill is equal, you open yourself up to having your head goatseed by stones traveling at mach 5 with some of these girls.

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
It kinda sad that I often practice with Primsriver and they still the first one to throw the rock at me...
I know that feel. I used to bring them to parties at the SDM in older versions and they'd even join in on you playing boosting the effect, now I don't really bother because they're usually the only ones upset by when you play music.
Currently at 376/387 myself.
If your music skill is equal, you open yourself up to having your head goatseed by stones traveling at mach 5 with some of these girls.
Sometimes RNG is also against you, or as I mentioned before, sometimes 2hus are in a bad mood during the party, one of many reasons to get the bad moods out of the way by listening to their complaints before the party gets started and you start playing music. (Mind you I don't know 100% if that's a contributing factor mechanics-wise, but I figure it doesn't hurt.) Though certain personality traits can cause them to be likely to toss stones as well.
You'd think there'd be a bigger penalty if stoned by the 2hus with more focus on super strength.
YFW Sooks or Yoogs toss a stone at you. (Or rather, YFW no face or head.)

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I know that feel. I used to bring them to parties at the SDM in older versions and they'd even join in on you playing boosting the effect, now I don't really bother because they're usually the only ones upset by when you play music.
Currently at 376/387 myself.

Sometimes RNG is also against you, or as I mentioned before, sometimes 2hus are in a bad mood during the party, one of many reasons to get the bad moods out of the way by listening to their complaints before the party gets started and you start playing music. (Mind you I don't know 100% if that's a contributing factor mechanics-wise, but I figure it doesn't hurt.) Though certain personality traits can cause them to be likely to toss stones as well.
You'd think there'd be a bigger penalty if stoned by the 2hus with more focus on super strength.
YFW Sooks or Yoogs toss a stone at you. (Or rather, YFW no face or head.)
If you newgame+ every version, you don't have to worry about musicians catching up to you, lol. That is kinda a sucky thing to have to worry about though. I feel like there should be a trait girls you've personally taught to play music have that reduces the chance that they'll stone you. If a student and teacher are equal in skill, the teacher is usually still seen as or treated as the superior over their student, due to experience at the very least irl.

Then again, I don't know exactly how much music completion actually helps. If 376/387 isn't enough to notabley reduce stoning, seems like it's not strong enough. Maybe one or both of those things could be addressed. I also don't know if music success is fortune based or just regular rng based. Maybe eating some Lucky food beforehand helps?

I've started trying to finish out collections now too in my newgame+ Just need the autumn only fish and the new moon fish. I'm not sure when the new moon happens or when the start and cut off time for that fish are though. I'ma be pissed if I miss it, the calendar doesn't show new moon days does it? Kinda sucks that there are some music scores that require you to fail quests too, I hate that shit. Achievements that require you to fail/play badly are always terrible.

Last edited:

Ortresia

Feb 7, 2021
I wonder about this for a while... Bug trap doesn't actually exist right? It said I set one up in shrine veranda but I obviously didn't. It didn't show up when I went there either.

Also how do I farm for chocolate exactly? Do I really have to wait for valentine or just lottery?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I wonder about this for a while... Bug trap doesn't actually exist right? It said I set one up in shrine veranda but I obviously didn't. It didn't show up when I went there either.

Also how do I farm for chocolate exactly? Do I really have to wait for valentine or just lottery?
Mine says it's placed at Hakurei Shrine at the Fantasy Ruins. There's not even the ability to set traps or bug hunt on those tiles, so seems to just be some display bug. Probably something half finished that the devs forgot to turn off. I've never seen an actual bug trap item.

Yeah that's all you have really I think. New Year's Day till a while after Girl's Day for making chocolates (It actually is available for a lot longer than I remembered, at least till mid spring in testing.). Cookies can be made with no ingredients, making it easy to grind/cheese Cooking levels. At least chocolates (Black Thunder) are one of the most common prizes of the lottery. You can max them out in like 30-50 draws.

Last edited:

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
I've noticed this same glitch, when working properly I kind of assumed this is how you get some of the bugs that I haven't been able to find in the bug collection but figured attempting it was pointless because of said glitch. You can "reset" the trap by doing an "update" in the menu, but it'll go back to being broken there within some time.

>Chocolate days
Another way to get chocolate is from 2hus you've a good relationship with during a certain day in Winter and you can give 2hus homemade cookies and custard and such during a day in Spring. When spring rolls around you can prepare said food gifts in advance. Though you can only give these gifts to 2hus that gave you chocolate during the winter day.
For me it's a once a year minigame where I try to return cookies and custards to everyone I got chocolate from the month before, deliberately trying to come across all the girls with 1k+ favor during the receive chocolate day (which has amounted to just about every 2hu in the game, even the ones I'm not particularly fond of due to endlessly doing quests/parties and such.). I was up to 100 last time, and managed to get about a 90% return rate. Getting 100% is almost impossible due to the games nature of "this girl won't show up today because RNG" reasons so I just make sure my favorites get stuff while doing the best I can for the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: FruitSmoothie

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Because of vague seasons, Valentine's Day I think is in Winter, which is technically right because it's not time for Spring yet. White Day is when you give it back to the girls.

Don't tell them you used cum as frosting. Then again, if you spent a lot of time dumping loads in their mouth, maybe they like it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ferghus

Ortresia

Feb 7, 2021
Don't tell them you used cum as frosting. Then again, if you spent a lot of time dumping loads in their mouth, maybe they like it.
Actually, yeah. If their addiction level are high enough they will know it and even come to like it. You can even use it as a cheap way to raise frustration.

About chocolates, I think I phase it wrong. Anyway to get cooking chocolate and premium chocolate for making chocolate cake?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
About chocolates, I think I phase it wrong. Anyway to get cooking chocolate and premium chocolate for making chocolate cake?
Edit: Alright, I fucking found it. It is Valentine's Day (14th on winter). Basically you need to run around and talk to as many girls as you can on Valentine's Day to have a shot at getting some. It's a high level gift from them, so you need like 2k Favorability to have a shot at it I think. You're unlikely to get much in your first year.

Something I discovered and probably why I got so few is that gathering girls won't give you Chocolate when you resume time on their square. You need to walk on their square naturally. So it's easy to miss for two reasons, you might not have many girls at the level where they'd give you Chocolate yet, and you might not "naturally" walk into many girl's squares on that specific day. It's something you need to be consciously searching for on Valentine's Day or you can miss a ton of chocolate. Kind of fucked up.

Well, at least I have a new tip to add to my guide. I had to go through a bunch of saves to check when I first collected Chocolate. I got gifts the first year but had no Chocolate until later, which threw me off. In short, fuck Chocolate, they need to add other ways to gain it.

Last edited:

Ortresia

Feb 7, 2021
Edit: Alright, I fucking found it. It is Valentine's Day (14th on winter). Basically you need to run around and talk to as many girls as you can on Valentine's Day to have a shot at getting some. It's a high level gift from them, so you need like 2k Favorability to have a shot at it I think. You're unlikely to get much in your first year.
Ouch... This mean it pretty much impossible to mass produce chocolate cake. Can't believe Gensokyo really doesn't have any decent chocolate to cook...

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
Note the custards you can make do not show up in the "chocolate" section, which I assume is either a bug or poorly thought out in design as the "chocolate" tab in "item config" is where you'd assume all this white day/valentines stuff would go, as it's where the rest of it goes. (I don't know shit about custard but I'd assume the custard you're making would be the chocolate kind to fit in with the rest of it.)

Ortresia

Feb 7, 2021
This might sound incredible stupid after all that chocolates fiasco but... how exactly do I return the White day gift?
Does White day system even been implement yet?

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Something I discovered and probably why I got so few is that gathering girls won't give you Chocolate when you resume time on their square. You need to walk on their square naturally.
Yep, greetings don't proc unless you move normally into their square, a bit of weird thing tbh

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
This might sound incredible stupid after all that chocolates fiasco but... how exactly do I return the White day gift?
Does White day system even been implement yet?
You can only return chocolate if the girl gave you a gift on Valentine's Day (14th of Winter). So little chocolate on that day means little chocolate you can hand out on White Day (14th of Spring). The action itself, you just go to one of the girls that gave you chocolate and "Give the return gift" from the White Day menu.

Realizing how obnoxious chocolate is to farm now, I almost wish I had continued longer into my original game to get more. Going to try to get a bunch of girls up to the level where they'll give me it this year though.

Last edited:
Reactions: FFFFFACK

Ortresia

Feb 7, 2021
You can only return chocolate if the girl gave you a gift on Valentine's Day (14th of Winter). So little chocolate on that day means little chocolate you can hand out on White Day (14th of Spring). The action itself, you just go to one of the girls that gave you chocolate and "Give the return gift" from the White Day menu.

Realizing how obnoxious chocolate is to farm now, I almost wish I had continued longer into my original game to get more. Going to try to get a bunch of girls up to the level where they'll give me it this year though.
...As an incredible stupid punchline, I just realized why I can't return the gift. I mistake white evening (13th) for white day (14th) since the game told me to prepare a return gift. Well... at least I know more about chocolate now I guess.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
In year 1 I got chocolate from Meiling, Sakuya and Daiyousei, so I was already balling. Just remember you have to cook the stuff first, the option for White Day will show up in the kitchen, or any place you cook. There's a button to see who gifted you something.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Well, the envious monster is now currently baking. I visited Parsee after two days of trying to get Cirno into the harem, and when she jumped on me, she turned around and I noticed "Let's have a baby" showed up while she got in position. I looked at her character sheet to see if something happened, and saw that she allows unprotected sex on dangerous days. So Parsee isn't accepting protection anymore.

She doesn't know it yet, but she did get pregnant from that. I'm curious how she acts with baby dialogue.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes