FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
Ironically as a Fate/Grand Order degen, the game's mascot is probably one of my least favorite characters precisely because of how unavoidable interactions with her are. Like no, I don't want my dude romancing a person that hasn't had a personality until after the game's story started, literally has no other viable romantic options, and all the other shit that makes her vulnerable to being attached to literally anyone who has your role.

I feel like it's a cardinal sin for a gacha game to be like "no, you're going to paired with this character and you will like it." Bonus points for the game literally making it impossible for people who actually like the character to raise bond point points and be rewarded for actually using her like the characters you actually have to roll for. Extra bonus points for the game being like "no, you're not allowed to use her objectively more useful form. You must use her inferior version and put her on the front lines, even if it has no synergy with 90% of people's preferred stats." Mash: a case of how to get your fanbase to hate your mascot.
I'm unfamiliar with most of Fate/Gacha and most everything about the series after Fate/Extra.
Though I do completely agree with what you're generally saying, I also hate when games pull the "NO YOU MUST LIKE MAIN GIRL" railroad in these kinds of things when you're given the illusion of other options.

While on the Fate series subject: Have you played Fate/Extra? Pretty sure that had Tamamos first appearance in it. (The first one, not the "sequel/remake" of it)
A certain thing about Tamamo always bothered me about her from that which is why I'd considered it strange she had blown up in popularity.
I'm not sure if it was a bad translation I went through or this was retconned or something, but I recall she had a scene or dialogue that was something along the lines of "Tamamo can have a harem but you MC can't, lol", did I imagine that or did everyone else just willfully forget about it?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's easy to imagine it being retconned because it doesn't quite line up with her "fox-wife" gimmick and segues into the
ending, but that "harem for me but not for thee" comment was a real "what the fuck, how is this considered "waifu material" by people?" moment.
Don't suppose you or MagnaSonic might be more familiar with Tamamo and know what I'm talking about?

Last edited:

vnpt

Jul 8, 2019
sound like Pedy has doing this work alone for too long? How about he should rest a bit? Or is there someone else help him at all? I don't know.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I'm unfamiliar with most of Fate/Gacha and most everything about the series when they really started pushing out constant reboots of its "continuity."
Though I do completely agree with what you're generally saying, I also hate when games pull the "NO YOU MUST LIKE MAIN GIRL" railroad in these kinds of things when you're given the illusion of other options.

While on the Fate series subject: Have you played the game that had Tamamos first appearance in it? Think it was the PSP RPG-like one. (The first one, not the "sequel/remake" of it, Fate/Extra I think?)
A certain thing about Tamamo always bothered me about her from that which is why I'd considered it strange she had blown up in popularity.
I'm not sure if it was a bad translation I went through or this was retconned or something, but I recall she had a scene or dialogue that was something along the lines of "Tamamo can have a harem but you MC can't, lol", did I imagine that or did everyone else just willfully forget about it?
It's easy to imagine it being retconned because of her "fox-wife" gimmick and the
ending, but that "harem for me but not for thee" comment was a real "what the fuck, how is this considered "waifu material" by people?" moment.
Don't suppose you or MagnaSonic might be more familiar with Tamamo and know what I'm talking about?
I haven't played that one, so I'm not too sure. As for "it's all a simulation", it actually goes a bit further. Basically you have A) the idea that Fate exists in a multiverse, which is how it's possible for Archer to exist in Stay Night even though Shiro doesn't necessarily make the necessary decisions to become him. B) Every "servant" isn't a 1:1 copy of themselves. They're like a low resolution photocopy of a point in their life that has a bit of fiction and prevalant interpretations mixed in. As a result, a servant might have personality and physical traits or powers they didn't have in life, like how Hassan of 100 Faces (who shows up in the prequel novel) was 1 dude in life, but can split into 80 people as a servant. Which means that the foundations for ass-pulling has existed way in advance, whether intentionally or not.

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
I haven't played that one, so I'm not too sure. As for "it's all a simulation", it actually goes a bit further. Basically you have A) the idea that Fate exists in a multiverse, which is how it's possible for Archer to exist in Stay Night even though Shiro doesn't necessarily make the necessary decisions to become him. B) Every "servant" isn't a 1:1 copy of themselves. They're like a low resolution photocopy of a point in their life that has a bit of fiction and prevalant interpretations mixed in. As a result, a servant might have personality and physical traits or powers they didn't have in life, like how Hassan of 100 Faces (who shows up in the prequel novel) was 1 dude in life, but can split into 80 people as a servant. Which means that the foundations for ass-pulling has existed way in advance, whether intentionally or not.
Yeah, that sounds about right, with all the "alternate versions" of characters floating around nowadays.
Plus there's the whole "humanities interpretations of (NAME) = Heroic spirit/Servant" thing so the level of anything actually being concrete was another deterrent to the series for me.

That said I imagine they'll be adding the blight that is celebrities, both real life and e-versions at some point if this franchise continues on long enough. (Assuming they haven't already.)

Ortresia

Feb 7, 2021
Come to think of it... I think give up on trying to keep up with Nasuverse after Fate/Gacha blew up.
Nasuverse were already complicate enough, but after Gacha factory start to crank up it became... how should I said it?
I feel it became needlessly complicate.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
sound like Pedy has doing this work alone for too long? How about he should rest a bit? Or is there someone else help him at all? I don't know.
He accepts/declines content additions from other people. I don't know how much he actually creates himself. He's the manager/maintainer, not like he does all the work. Era games are inherently a group project unless the maintainer is a control freak and doesn't allow many/any merge requests.

Apparently Pedy made it difficult to "steal his code", which might make it difficult for others to re-add the content he removed in another fork. Pops is the other branch's dev btw.

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
He accepts/declines content additions from other people. I don't know how much he actually creates himself. He's the manager/maintainer, not like he does all the work. Era games are inherently a group project unless the maintainer is a control freak and doesn't allow many/any merge requests.

Apparently Pedy made it difficult to "steal his code", which might make it difficult for others to re-add the content he removed in another fork. Pops is the other branch's dev btw.
Yeah, I noticed them having an argument before at gitgud, if what I've read is correct Pops is adding extremely questionable content to the game that doesn't really fit in with everything else, so I kind of understand Pedy going "No" to that, especially if it would be unavoidable and bleed into the rest of the content, not even accounting for the upkeep and maintenance, and other problems that would ensue stemming from content most of the people already playing it aren't there for. Programming is quite fickle like that. Whether that's the only reason or not I'm not sure.

Anons are working on a separate branch that includes all additions and removes pedy's current and future bullshit.
It's called AnonTW. So don't lose hope just yet.
Up until this recent removal of UMs character roster I've generally been fine with most of what Pedy was doing.
But more importantly is AnonTW separate from the Pops branch?

From what I've read pretty much everything that branch is adding into TW is something I'd like to avoid, and if it's between the two of either one or the other I'd still be more inclined to side with Pedy. TW doesn't need to be more like K and the content being added reads more like the kind of thing I'd expect from a middle-schooler that "secretly" hates the series they're writing about
where the game turns into you essentially beating 2hus into a bloody pulp like some hatefic edgelord.

That kind of thing should probably stay in the 2huK setting where it belongs where there's at least some justification for it with the whole "war setting and rape monsters" and all.

Last edited:

kugane

Jul 23, 2019
Yeah, I noticed them having an argument before at gitgud, if what I've read is correct Pops is adding extremely questionable content to the game that doesn't really fit in with everything else, so I kind of understand Pedy going "No" to that, especially if it would be unavoidable and bleed into the rest of the content. Whether that's the only reason or not I'm not sure.
What pops does has no bearing on pedy. Pops is a different fork. Pedy put code in his fork that would disable pops' if he ever ported it over for personal grudges. Pops doesn't "bleed" anywhere.

Up until this recent removal of UMs character roster I've generally been fine with most of what Pedy was doing.
But more importantly is AnonTW separate from the Pops branch?
From what I've read pretty much everything that branch is adding into TW is something I'd like to avoid, and if it's between the two of either one or the other I'd still be more inclined to side with Pedy. TW doesn't need to be more like K and the content being added reads more like the kind of thing I'd expect from a middle-schooler that "secretly" hates the series they're writing about (like KKHTA) where you're essentially beating 2hus into a bloody pulp like some hatefic edgelord. That kind of shit should stay in 2huK where it belongs where there's at least some justification for it with the whole "war setting and rape monsters" and all.
See above. AnonTW is based off of pedy. So no pops content.

Reactions: FFFFFACK

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
What pops does has no bearing on pedy. Pops is a different fork. Pedy put code in his fork that would disable pops' if he ever ported it over for personal grudges. Pops doesn't "bleed" anywhere.
See above. AnonTW is based off of pedy. So no pops content.
Good to know. As for whatever Pops is doing then, it might be more beneficial to him to attempt to further distance himself completely from the TW name then as a separate game entirely, my initial interpretation of what he was doing was attempting to forcefully put things like: "Seija but with the entire postal 2 storyline" into TW from my reading his document. (There's more such things but this in particular caught my eye.)
"Era2huPostal" maybe?

To anyone curious about what I'm talking about, presuming you've any interest in 2hu things it'd be faster to just look at his document for yourselves:

Last edited:

kugane

Jul 23, 2019
Good to know. As for whatever Pops is doing then, it might be more beneficial to him to attempt to further distance himself completely from the TW name then as a separate game entirely, my initial interpretation of what he was doing was attempting to forcefully put things like: "Seija but with the entire postal 2 storyline" into TW from my reading his document. (There's more such things but this in particular caught my eye.)
Ugh.
He did distance himself. He calls it eraNAS instead.
Pops also can't force anything. I don't know if he ever wanted to commit something to pedy. All I know is that the fork relationship was dropped a while back and pops wanted it back:
But that also has no bearing on actual eraTohoTW.

Reactions: FFFFFACK

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
He did distance himself. He calls it eraNAS instead.
Pops also can't force anything. I don't know if he ever wanted to commit something to pedy. All I know is that the fork relationship was dropped a while back and pops wanted it back:
But that also has no bearing on actual eraTohoTW.
It's all fine then as long as 2huTW isn't fucked over.
I'm not 100% on how gits work or the drama of the two "sides" involved in this, mostly been using whatever information I could skim from here and the gits on what's going on.

Last edited:

SuperSpeedy

May 6, 2022
Its a shame the new two brenches are coming down to a guy who likes shit and necrophilia, and a guy who is that modder who will control freak their creation to the point of putting malware in their own code to brick any changes
Anons are working on a separate branch that includes all additions and removes pedy's current and future bullshit.
It's called AnonTW. So don't lose hope just yet.
I just hope this one gains traction, until than I guess I will stay on pedy 4.881

• Angry
Reactions: Harglblah

kugane

Jul 23, 2019
Its a shame the new two brenches are coming down to a guy who likes shit and necrophilia, and a guy who is that modder who will control freak their creation to the point of putting malware in their own code to brick any changes

I just hope this one gains traction, until than I guess I will stay on pedy 4.881
It's already out and working:
Download is next to "Web IDE"

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

kugane

Jul 23, 2019
pedy finally unveiled what the reason for it is in /egg/ and it's nothing short of... uhh... "amazing"...:

"How are they not cancerous? I've said it many times and it never seems to get through to you, it's almost as if you lack abstract thinking and exist in the middle of the bell curve. The design choices and colors are terrible, though to be fair, the last three games were pretty mediocre in that regard as well. However, the whole shtick of 18th entry, based on (((marketeers))), (((relinquishing your own property))), (((usury))) and (((debt))), makes it clear that it's just thinly veiled propaganda shoving the satanic cast down my throat, which I found unforgivable. And when they came for my game and injected their filth into it as well, that's where I drew the line. It's been in the works since the game's release, and not because of a sudden "impulse" as the thread schizos would have you believe."

• Wow
Reactions: hewhocumsbynight

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
pedy finally unveiled what the reason for it is in /egg/ and it's nothing short of... uhh... "amazing"...:
I'll give him the mediocre designs/colors/etc, opinions and all, I don't completely disagree, I'm not particularly fond of most newer 2hus with a few exceptions, though I don't particularly hate them either:

But if the UM 2hus are some kind of stand in for bad symbolism propaganda-type shit of the (((you will own nothing and be happy))) variety, isn't that being rejected by Reimu going out and beating the shit out of all of them with her grumpy shrine maiden powers so that they stop doing the thing he's pissed off about? In this game they're SUPPOSED to be the incident starting badguys until Reimu beats the stupid out of them.

Last edited:

Ortresia

Feb 7, 2021
Whoa... that was "amazing" alright. My brain kinda short circuit after reading this. The worst part is... Somehow I understand what he trying to said (after stare blankly for 2-3 minutes), and no, I not agree with any of it.
This is so stupid, I swear the world is getting crazier each day and it make me really afraid of getting crazy along with it.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah, people have posted some evidence that Pedy apparently added malware as well. For now, I've removed my links to his version in my guide and recent posts. Malicious code for whatever reason would make him untrustworthy and I don't want to direct people to those downloads. Better safe than sorry for now.

Last edited:

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
Yeah, people have posted some evidence of the malware Pedy apparently added as well. For now, I've removed my links to his version in my guide and recent posts. Malicious code for whatever reason makes him untrustworthy and I don't want to direct people to those downloads.
This exact situation was something of a meme before, is it actually legitimate now?
Was this only in the newest version or were earlier ones compromised?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
This exact situation was something of a meme before, is it actually legitimate now?
Was this only in the newest version or were earlier ones compromised?
Should just be the newest version. The AnonTW version apparently removes it as well, though I haven't tested it.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes