mrme

Nov 8, 2017
The quality of the current AI portraits is... questionable.
And I really dislike how they keep changing the defaults to them over the classic portraits.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vnpt and Perine

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
The AI portraits seem a bit unnecessary as they are.
When they were initially brought up I sort of assumed they'd be used for actual huge breast variants or something.

Reactions: Perine

Perine

Nov 28, 2021
The AI portraits seem a bit unnecessary as they are.
When they were initially brought up I sort of assumed they'd be used for actual huge breast variants or something.
Yeah thats like the main thing i had in mind, like it kinda sucks using the cosmetic potion to give someone some huge honkers and the portrait is just |, or for the youthful or beastkin potions. I do like the art style and most the portraits so would actually be upset if they just replaced everything and not giving like a legacy option. Idk if they guys in charge of this game get paid, i certainly pay nothing so would be unfair blaming them for not wanting to do the same portrait 10 times for every size lmao.

Also,doubts about eramegaten, finally gave it a try but it feels like a lot, hekin dungeons feel like playing pokemon without repels, so does the game have like random events happening with the time or is all under your control? one of my fav parts of eratohok is those randoms events happening so yeah.

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
Also,doubts about eramegaten, finally gave it a try but it feels like a lot, hekin dungeons feel like playing pokemon without repels, so does the game have like random events happening with the time or is all under your control? one of my fav parts of eratohok is those randoms events happening so yeah.
It's definitely got more classic dungeoning RPG in it than most of the other ERA games do.
You can speed encounters along by being significantly stronger than them and letting auto-battle handle things. You can also take advantage of a good/cheap almighty custom skill, even a MP-less MC can use their HP to use a custom skill.
So long as you remember to keep your HP (or MP) up, it's simple enough. Granted having a useful one early on would be difficult without the initial grind, of course.

As for random events, nothing really comes to mind beyond what you initiate on your own from the Base menu, it's been a while since I've last played. If you mean lewd stuff there's some amount of generic random stuff if you allow nightcrawling. I haven't delved too much into the non-RPG parts of the game.

• Sad

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Yeah thats like the main thing i had in mind, like it kinda sucks using the cosmetic potion to give someone some huge honkers and the portrait is just |, or for the youthful or beastkin potions. I do like the art style and most the portraits so would actually be upset if they just replaced everything and not giving like a legacy option. Idk if they guys in charge of this game get paid, i certainly pay nothing so would be unfair blaming them for not wanting to do the same portrait 10 times for every size lmao.

If you enable NTR events there's a lot of random events that get enabled that are triggered by the jobs you can have party members do and setting TALK-allowed Characters to include all characters will add some basic random events when talking with demons. With NTR events enabled you can even have party members develop relationships with each other and will get alternate versions of the nightcrawling events mentioned with each other. I actually wish that someone would take that inter-party relationship stuff and retrofit it into a non-NTR focused system. For example you can have a character that has no fall state fall in love/get dominated by a second character and they'll still get a unique NTR'd fall state. So you can't really do stuff like having a submissive PC with a dominant character who has love with them dominate a bunch of other characters for the PC as even though the dominant character will never lose the love fall state from you the game implies they're stealing all the other characters from you behind your back.

You can also try to enable dungeon sex events which I'm not entirely sure what exactly it does. As the only concrete thing I've seen with it enabled is when you for example do something like having a character wear a vibrator it will make them eventually force you into having sex with them after an amount of time has passed in a dungeon. I think it might change the nature of some static events too by giving you options to have sex instead of combat but I might just be remembering that wrong as when I had first tried that option it was in a save where I played a female character so it might have just been due to that and not from the option.

• Sad

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Majority of era events about some kind of rape usually only focus on female. If it's male focused you usually rape them instead, so random sex events might just be female focused, as I don't think they care about male characters.

• Thinking Face

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Dickplomacy also goes a bit weird, seems faction diplomatic negotiations are always governed by the relations between their ruler and your ruler, so if you're not the ruler you don't get the perks from having good favour/etc with rulers of other factions.
Seems better to be the ruler and turn on one of the AI managers if you want to delegate the strategy part and stick with the wooing.

Reactions: lovemenut

Perine

Nov 28, 2021
Is there actually content you get only playing as an officer or is just play the game on an extra layer of difficulty?

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
You can only be captured as an officer, rulers will always escape unless its their final defeat when their last city falls.
There's also some random events where other countries try to poach you, those only happen when you're an officer/wanderer.

• Sad

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I swear when I played I was an officer under Yukari but somehow I was running her faction. It even still said Yukari under the faction name. So I was apparently ruling for my ruler while also sleeping with her.

This is actually pretty in character for her too.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
I swear when I played I was an officer under Yukari but somehow I was running her faction. It even still said Yukari under the faction name. So I was apparently ruling for my ruler while also sleeping with her.

This is actually pretty in character for her too.
You probably played a version where you could disable ai control like in the Azur Lane version or you just confused that with the fact you can still do faction diplomacy and create and move units even as an officer.

Porkman

Dec 30, 2017
Cheat menu? Where's that? I swear this game needs a very detailed wiki
Do you mean two custom characters? Or one normal character and your character? You can save custom characters, so it should be possible without cheat menu. Tried creating two custom char, but couldnt edit family relations. But cheat menu is easy to use though. cheat menu go into setting then press the stars at the "all sorts of options are available"

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Julles Ra

1234567abcdefg!

Mar 10, 2019
There's no easy way to do so in game that I'm aware of, including debug mode. But Era games are hand-editable and don't require recompilation, so if you want to do this badly enough, you can. I haven't learned how to do this myself, but I can tell you the general steps that are probably involved.

If you want to give a character with no dialogue dialogue, then you need to find out how the characters are pointed to specific files in ERB/口上. You'll have to find the specific character you want in that list*, edit the code referencing which ERB/口上 file to call for their dialogue (based on the rest of the code, it's probably something like a CASE NO:XX branch, with everyone else relegated to a CASEELSE that calls the generic dialogue file), and then point it to a particular dialogue file. This can be an existing one or a new one. This is hard mode, but probably isn't actually that complicated. A lot of Find in Files sleuthing will be involved. (If you don't have access to Find in Files search, download Notepad++.)

* (with the debug mode command "no:XX" where XX is their number in your roster, so no:0 gives you the internal value assigned to your main character in the character database, and no:XX gets the first character recruited, which will either be your starting slave selection or a character carried over in NG+. Custom portraits are a good intro to this idea, so look in the folder resources/custom portraits for info)

Easy mode is altering the dialogue of someone who already has dialogue. Pick out 2-3 of their training lines and Find in Files through ERB/口上 for the right file, then alter it appropriately. If you're feeling fancy, use IF TALENT:XX (where XX is the Japanese name of a talent, like Timid or Docile or High Pride) to branch. Dialogue sets are frequently shared, so if you decide to alter Remiel's dialogue with the translated Lady set in EVENT_PUB306_女_淑女_ALL.ERB, for example, then both Julia and Byakuren will also have the changed dialogue, because they also use that set. But if you set it so that only a character with three specific talents gets one set of dialogue, then you'll have fewer unintended dialogue changes. You can use the Japanese wiki at to find the names of those talents.

Being able to do some work on an Era game yourself is useful when, for example, you find that "&" in an enemy name ("Tsukiyomi&Susanoo") makes the game crash. Unless there's a new EraMegaten release in the last couple of days, that bug's still in the current one. (It's in Hikari's ending of the Revue Starlight crossover quest.)
Thanks, this actually worked - was able to add dialogue to a character without any. Trying to parse code is hard enough, doing it in Japanese is even worse lol.

Via debug mode I was able to remove the character in question, then add them back into my roster which seems to have effected the changes. But the changes weren't applied until I did this. Is there any way to carry through changes without deleting and reintroducing a character?

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes