Carion_Crow

Apr 10, 2018
@W65 Ok.. so.. the method about editing the .ERB file seems that worked somehow!

Though now I'm stuck with just one single parameter that I don't really know how to achieve and neither to look in the folder (since Excel here doesn't recognize the jap.. so I have all jibberish words here and there and I don't really know what I should look for), because there isn't even a guide or anything. I'm stuck with "Abnormal Exp"... the heck is this? I'm sure that I've triggered this somewhere, but I honestly don't remember at all .-.
Abnormal Experience in the game is from abnormal sexual acts. I think bestiality and tentacles goes into it.

W65

May 31, 2018
@W65 Ok.. so.. the method about editing the .ERB file seems that worked somehow!

Though now I'm stuck with just one single parameter that I don't really know how to achieve and neither to look in the folder (since Excel here doesn't recognize the jap.. so I have all jibberish words here and there and I don't really know what I should look for), because there isn't even a guide or anything. I'm stuck with "Abnormal Exp"... the heck is this? I'm sure that I've triggered this somewhere, but I honestly don't remember at all .-.
Still talking about SumireTeru, right?

Abnormal experience is kind of an odd bird. You generally get a point or two in it the first time you do something, well, abnormal. So it's almost like an achievement system rather than the usual "how many times in her butt" or whatever like other kinds of experience. It still just counts up from zero, though, although some flag somewhere has to be set in order for the game to know what kinds of abnormal experiences you've already had. So that one might be hard figure out from the game files.

I know for certain in SumireTeru that getting her to insert Mahjong tiles anally is one way to get one or two Abnormal XP. I also am pretty sure that gaining Abnormal XP is a quick way to get her to try suicide if you haven't gotten her past... uh, some point in affection or lewdness. I don't remember which.

In other Era games, Abnormal XP comes from things like urination, bestiality, public or on-film masturbation, ass-to-mouth, incest, losing virginity to a sex toy, losing virginity to a futa, being turned into a futa or having gender changed, very large ejaculations or lactation... but that's like three other games' worth of examples. I kinda stopped playing SumireTeru, so I'm a little rusty on which of those might count as abnormal XP in it.

The guys on 8chan have a thread archive at the top of their eragames thread. I remember a lot of discussion a few months ago about abnormal XP in that game. You could try looking through their thread archive for more details, although when I did a few minutes of checking it seemed mostly to have archived threads from a year ago. Maybe they're just not in order.

EDIT: Okay, did a kind of half-assed source dive. Here ought to be a list of everything that can get you Abnormal XP. I assume these are all only awarded the first time you do them. The stuff with the (?) is stuff that I don't think I've personally seen in the game or otherwise suspect might not be implemented.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There's a lot of "I guess" in there because I literally just searched for the words "abnormal experience" being printed without going through all the labor of checking to see that those are actually reachable, etc. That'd be kind of a bit more work than I want to handle right now.

Anyhow, good luck.

Zohan4201

Jun 25, 2017
In the eratohoTW, does anyone know how many days it will take for the childcare trait to naturally go away? I'm using the English release instead of the English development.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Still talking about SumireTeru, right?

Abnormal experience is kind of an odd bird. You generally get a point or two in it the first time you do something, well, abnormal. So it's almost like an achievement system rather than the usual "how many times in her butt" or whatever like other kinds of experience. It still just counts up from zero, though, although some flag somewhere has to be set in order for the game to know what kinds of abnormal experiences you've already had. So that one might be hard figure out from the game files.

I know for certain in SumireTeru that getting her to insert Mahjong tiles anally is one way to get one or two Abnormal XP. I also am pretty sure that gaining Abnormal XP is a quick way to get her to try suicide if you haven't gotten her past... uh, some point in affection or lewdness. I don't remember which.

In other Era games, Abnormal XP comes from things like urination, bestiality, public or on-film masturbation, ass-to-mouth, incest, losing virginity to a sex toy, losing virginity to a futa, being turned into a futa or having gender changed, very large ejaculations or lactation... but that's like three other games' worth of examples. I kinda stopped playing SumireTeru, so I'm a little rusty on which of those might count as abnormal XP in it.

The guys on 8chan have a thread archive at the top of their eragames thread. I remember a lot of discussion a few months ago about abnormal XP in that game. You could try looking through their thread archive for more details, although when I did a few minutes of checking it seemed mostly to have archived threads from a year ago. Maybe they're just not in order.

EDIT: Okay, did a kind of half-assed source dive. Here ought to be a list of everything that can get you Abnormal XP. I assume these are all only awarded the first time you do them. The stuff with the (?) is stuff that I don't think I've personally seen in the game or otherwise suspect might not be implemented.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There's a lot of "I guess" in there because I literally just searched for the words "abnormal experience" being printed without going through all the labor of checking to see that those are actually reachable, etc. That'd be kind of a bit more work than I want to handle right now.

Anyhow, good luck.
The problem however.. is that if you don't use the "save editor" on the method that you suggested page(s) back, most likely you won't even earn a single Abnormal Exp points needed to upgrade some stats. Because after using that, I started earning lots of those gems but within my save were already too late because I was already at 30+ days (and since you have at the most 50 and then the game ends) and just after I started to earn gems, her trust.. and by doing so unlocking even the stuff that I could've bought (such as strap-on and so on). Things that I'll probably never see with a normal playthrough.
(and within those 30+ days, I had barely stats upgraded to Lv 2)

The fact that gems can be taken away from you because of the "Negative" one's is a pain in the ass, and takes all of the fun away. Now I'm realizing that. As much as Sumire can be interesting under certain aspects, this one here is enough to penalize the whole game completely.

And also, those "Futa" section there I didn't even reach it. So probably there's even more that I must do to unlock them, because the first things that you can buy from the girl there there's no trace of a possible "potion" that lets you change sex or add a penis (like in eratohoK for example).

W65

May 31, 2018
The problem however.. is that if you don't use the "save editor" on the method that you suggested page(s) back, most likely you won't even earn a single Abnormal Exp points needed to upgrade some stats. Because after using that, I started earning lots of those gems but within my save were already too late because I was already at 30+ days (and since you have at the most 50 and then the game ends) and just after I started to earn gems, her trust.. and by doing so unlocking even the stuff that I could've bought (such as strap-on and so on). Things that I'll probably never see with a normal playthrough.
(and within those 30+ days, I had barely stats upgraded to Lv 2)

The fact that gems can be taken away from you because of the "Negative" one's is a pain in the ass, and takes all of the fun away. Now I'm realizing that. As much as Sumire can be interesting under certain aspects, this one here is enough to penalize the whole game completely.

And also, those "Futa" section there I didn't even reach it. So probably there's even more that I must do to unlock them, because the first things that you can buy from the girl there there's no trace of a possible "potion" that lets you change sex or add a penis (like in eratohoK for example).
Well, you might consider implementing the ERB change I mentioned on the last page so that negative gems aren't counted. I'm pretty sure that's in there. You could also try save editing to change the date back from 30 to something like 15. It's... I mean, it's pretty likely that'll mess up something somewhere, yeah.

I guess the other thing is that it's possible that the game might continue after day 50... Make a fresh save, and then just rest until you pass day 50 and see what happens. I vaguely remember some talk on the 8chan thread about that game continuing past day 50 under some condition or other, I think, although I might've been confusing it with Megaten which has a similar limit. I've never actually tried it myself in Teru.

I forget exactly what unlocks the dick-adding item. Most of the progress in the game, once you've got Teru lewd enough, is from winning Mahjong against what's-her-name with the cat ears and then wandering around town once or twice to get a new interaction with her. I think you stumble against her trying out the futa drug.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I forget exactly what unlocks the dick-adding item. Most of the progress in the game, once you've got Teru lewd enough, is from winning Mahjong against what's-her-name with the cat ears and then wandering around town once or twice to get a new interaction with her. I think you stumble against her trying out the futa drug.
But this it's doable only like I said, if you cheat and remove all the negative gems from the start. With a normal playthrough it's almost impossible to move forward with the girl with cat ears, unless you first gain the trust of Teru. This is the big downside of this game unfortunately.

If then jap are that obsessed that much that they can manage to earn the trust of Teru within, say, 10 days, that's their problem. I play games for fun and not because I'm obsessed with some kind of fictional character. But at least make game fairly "easy" for those who aren't accustomed to this type of games.

W65

May 31, 2018
But this it's doable only like I said, if you cheat and remove all the negative gems from the start. With a normal playthrough it's almost impossible to move forward with the girl with cat ears, unless you first gain the trust of Teru. This is the big downside of this game unfortunately.

If then jap are that obsessed that much that they can manage to earn the trust of Teru within, say, 10 days, that's their problem. I play games for fun and not because I'm obsessed with some kind of fictional character. But at least make game fairly "easy" for those who aren't accustomed to this type of games.
Yeah. I know how that goes. Usually pacing problems would mean that you're supposed to do a New Game + with some kind of advantage, but I don't see that happening in Teru.

Getting gems in MeiQGaiden's a thousand times worse--literally you need tens of thousands of them to erase hate marks, and there're also about twenty different kinds of gem. The devs of that one really went overboard.

EraToHoTW's pretty bad in this way because the girls have next to no stamina AND the gem mechanics are pretty well hidden. You're kinda supposed to grind on them for in-game months before anything happens. The upgrades are all automatic at the end of the day. The pacing is just really atrocious because it's supposed to be a slice-of-life grind. I mean, I think it's intentional.

None of the games are really marvels of pacing. The only one I've seen that's really even close to quick is SQN, and that's probably due to the guy translating it also modding it. It's light on the gameplay, but the sex is fun.

Teru's interesting in that it's the only one that really has any kind of coherent story. It's also kinda hamstrung by that--I'm amazed the devs didn't put a "sandbox" kind of option in. If it were more popular it might've had one modded in by translators. I'm not good enough with the Era language to be able to do something like that myself.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Yeah. I know how that goes. Usually pacing problems would mean that you're supposed to do a New Game + with some kind of advantage, but I don't see that happening in Teru.

Getting gems in MeiQGaiden's a thousand times worse--literally you need tens of thousands of them to erase hate marks, and there're also about twenty different kinds of gem. The devs of that one really went overboard.

EraToHoTW's pretty bad in this way because the girls have next to no stamina AND the gem mechanics are pretty well hidden. You're kinda supposed to grind on them for in-game months before anything happens. The upgrades are all automatic at the end of the day. The pacing is just really atrocious because it's supposed to be a slice-of-life grind. I mean, I think it's intentional.

None of the games are really marvels of pacing. The only one I've seen that's really even close to quick is SQN, and that's probably due to the guy translating it also modding it. It's light on the gameplay, but the sex is fun.

Teru's interesting in that it's the only one that really has any kind of coherent story. It's also kinda hamstrung by that--I'm amazed the devs didn't put a "sandbox" kind of option in. If it were more popular it might've had one modded in by translators. I'm not good enough with the Era language to be able to do something like that myself.
But at least EraTW it's much more enjoyable than Teru. I mean, you don't have a time limit and you don't have endigs at all. It's open-world, big, and you can do lots of stuff here and there. Sure, the grind is real like you said and there's nothing you can do about it, but at least it's doable and somewhat kind of fun.

At the current state, EraK and EraTW are the only one's that really are worth some playthrough or anything. Teru could be, but the negative gems thing totally ruins the whole game, most of the others are not translated or barely, that Princess Maker wanna be there.. I didn't try it, so could be interesting I guess, and I tried Megaten.. but since most of the things aren't even translated and the whole "gameplay" side of it is.. fucking complicated for me (i mean, I played the persona games and the others, but what is inside is far more big and, again, complicated xD), it's a hell on earth playing that.

Also, one last thing: despite what I said, I wanted to download again Megaten.. but what branch should I download? Because there are lots of them.. but just the first "game-old/master-UTF-8" seems updated to at least one month ago. The others 8 months ago. Because for TW I know that I have to download the dev one because is the most recent, and if that doesn't work, the release but here I honestly don't know.

W65

May 31, 2018
But at least EraTW it's much more enjoyable than Teru. I mean, you don't have a time limit and you don't have endigs at all. It's open-world, big, and you can do lots of stuff here and there. Sure, the grind is real like you said and there's nothing you can do about it, but at least it's doable and somewhat kind of fun.

At the current state, EraK and EraTW are the only one's that really are worth some playthrough or anything. Teru could be, but the negative gems thing totally ruins the whole game, most of the others are not translated or barely, that Princess Maker wanna be there.. I didn't try it, so could be interesting I guess, and I tried Megaten.. but since most of the things aren't even translated and the whole "gameplay" side of it is.. fucking complicated for me (i mean, I played the persona games and the others, but what is inside is far more big and, again, complicated xD), it's a hell on earth playing that.

Also, one last thing: despite what I said, I wanted to download again Megaten.. but what branch should I download? Because there are lots of them.. but just the first "game-old/master-UTF-8" seems updated to at least one month ago. The others 8 months ago. Because for TW I know that I have to download the dev one because is the most recent, and if that doesn't work, the release but here I honestly don't know.
Usually the era wiki has the suggested or correct versions to download in a table at the bottom of the main page. For Megaten, I've been using game-old/master-UTF-8. The naming system is kinda dumb, but I guess that's the result of the chaotic translation effort.

People are doing a lot of continuing work on PM, so that one might become another winner. I think it's kinda reasonably developed at the moment.

But, yeah, K and TW are by far the two most popular, and with reason.

TentaclePalace and ReverseTentaclePalace are interesting from a game mechanics perspective, although the former's pretty difficult and the latter doesn't have any real goal. The sex is totally untranslated in both, too, and the training elements are almost totally buried by the gameplay.

Honestly, I just find the "engine" kinda fascinating, and I sorta have this affinity for all the games as a result. It helps that I like Japanese-developed games and know a little of the language. My tolerance for bullshit grinding is pretty high, too. I'm kinda the exact foreign target audience for this sort of game, which I guess is why I'm such a fan of them.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Usually the era wiki has the suggested or correct versions to download in a table at the bottom of the main page. For Megaten, I've been using game-old/master-UTF-8. The naming system is kinda dumb, but I guess that's the result of the chaotic translation effort.

People are doing a lot of continuing work on PM, so that one might become another winner. I think it's kinda reasonably developed at the moment.

But, yeah, K and TW are by far the two most popular, and with reason.

TentaclePalace and ReverseTentaclePalace are interesting from a game mechanics perspective, although the former's pretty difficult and the latter doesn't have any real goal. The sex is totally untranslated in both, too, and the training elements are almost totally buried by the gameplay.

Honestly, I just find the "engine" kinda fascinating, and I sorta have this affinity for all the games as a result. It helps that I like Japanese-developed games and know a little of the language. My tolerance for bullshit grinding is pretty high, too. I'm kinda the exact foreign target audience for this sort of game, which I guess is why I'm such a fan of them.
Unfortunately, only EraK (or TW) have something like that. The other three mentioned don't have anything at all that says what's the best to download.

Tentacle.. yeah, definitely not my type of game, even if those were translated. I just hate so much the whole "tentacle genre" xD

W65

May 31, 2018
Unfortunately, only EraK (or TW) have something like that. The other three mentioned don't have anything at all that says what's the best to download.

Tentacle.. yeah, definitely not my type of game, even if those were translated. I just hate so much the whole "tentacle genre" xD
You know, you're right: I checked the table, and they actually have the "master" branch listed for Megaten, which I'm just about certain is out of date.

To be honest, the branches for Megaten in the git are so fucked up that I wouldn't be surprised if people were working in the wrong one. I have no clue what the actual latest Japanese version is right now. It doesn't help that the Japanese fork their stuff all the time, too, so some games end up with two different version numbers per release before the translation efforts even get to them. Then there're hotfixes for the code, and they also release new versions of girls' voices which have their own version numbers...

Carion_Crow

Apr 10, 2018

The princess maker is worth trying. Most of the needed translation I found was there. Oddly the general "talked to a maid get +5 cleaning" isn't translated. I got an ending in it with not to much trouble.

Megami is complicated, its persona/ShinMegami with XXX added (Also needs a lot of translation, god bless translation aggregator.)

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
The princess maker is worth trying. Most of the needed translation I found was there. Oddly the general "talked to a maid get +5 cleaning" isn't translated. I got an ending in it with not to much trouble.

Megami is complicated, its persona/ShinMegami with XXX added (Also needs a lot of translation, god bless translation aggregator.)
But like I said, I don't mind Megami in the end (even though I said that is complicated) because after all, it's fascinating in own way and I already played persona's games in the past. It's the fact that.. the whole UI it's much more complicated than I thought. And like I said, and you said, there are options and functions that aren't translated yet.

Guess I'm gonna give it a shot!

W65

May 31, 2018
But like I said, I don't mind Megami in the end (even though I said that is complicated) because after all, it's fascinating in own way and I already played persona's games in the past. It's the fact that.. the whole UI it's much more complicated than I thought. And like I said, and you said, there are options and functions that aren't translated yet.

Guess I'm gonna give it a shot!
If you don't already, make sure you use the automatic clipboard features or the "open clipboard" thing in the menu. Most of the yes/no do-this/do-that choices in events, dungeons, and contracts aren't translated.

The Japanese eraMegaten wiki has a big old chart with a map of the routes through the game... but the whole wiki is kinda out of date. If I remember right, the last "official" version of eraMegaten came out in like 2012. The Japanese have just been patching and adding mods to it since then. The version the translators have been working off of has who-knows-which patches applied to it. Most of the little color portraits, for instance, seem to be from a community patch or something, but there is a newer one with more portraits... but it's pretty much impossible to apply it without a guarantee of something breaking in the translation. Heck, even merging a simpler game would be a nightmare--Megaten has hundreds of separate files for all the characters and their voices, the dungeons, and all that crap.

I more or less bumble my way through the branches. People talk about being on this-or-that route, and I have no idea what I'm doing. It's still fun.

Reactions: brynhildr

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
If you don't already, make sure you use the automatic clipboard features or the "open clipboard" thing in the menu. Most of the yes/no do-this/do-that choices in events, dungeons, and contracts aren't translated.

The Japanese eraMegaten wiki has a big old chart with a map of the routes through the game... but the whole wiki is kinda out of date. If I remember right, the last "official" version of eraMegaten came out in like 2012. The Japanese have just been patching and adding mods to it since then. The version the translators have been working off of has who-knows-which patches applied to it. Most of the little color portraits, for instance, seem to be from a community patch or something, but there is a newer one with more portraits... but it's pretty much impossible to apply it without a guarantee of something breaking in the translation. Heck, even merging a simpler game would be a nightmare--Megaten has hundreds of separate files for all the characters and their voices, the dungeons, and all that crap.

I more or less bumble my way through the branches. People talk about being on this-or-that route, and I have no idea what I'm doing. It's still fun.
Mhm... how can I enable the automatic clipboard? Because within the "File" menu there's just "open clipboard" and nothing else. Not even within the settings in the "Help" one there's nothing about it.

W65

May 31, 2018
Mhm... how can I enable the automatic clipboard? Because within the "File" menu there's just "open clipboard" and nothing else. Not even within the settings in the "Help" one there's nothing about it.
Go to Help->Settings and then the Clipboard tab, which should be on the far right. It's the "Anchor" part of emuera that supplies that tab, I think, which might explain it if you don't have that tab--you might be launching regular old emuera, if your version of Megaten was packaged with it. They're separate executables, if it even has the non-Anchor version.

On that clipboard tab, check "copy to clipboard." That should do it. Megaten, though, does a lot of weird stuff with the screen and it displays a LOT of text, so I don't know how much you'll have to mess with the rest of the options to get it to work out right. Honestly, I just "open clipboard" and do my copying that way.

Harem Route

Jan 13, 2018
So... can somebody explain to me how the demands work in eratohoK?
Untitled-5.png
Like... seriously... wtf?
And yes, I know, there are easier ways like nightcrawling, enslaving, all that jazz, but wtf is wrong with this particular mechanic? What am I doing wrong?

W65

May 31, 2018
So... can somebody explain to me how the demands work in eratohoK?
View attachment 262557
Like... seriously... wtf?
And yes, I know, there are easier ways like nightcrawling, enslaving, all that jazz, but wtf is wrong with this particular mechanic? What am I doing wrong?
I've suspected for a while that making a demand causes all demands after it to be more difficult. Like, EVERY demand including failed ones, even if it's a demand of another nation. But that's kinda beside the point since I haven't bothered to check it out in the code.

Also, as you've seen, your demand power appears to be capped, but it's pretty easy for a demand to need far more "power" than you can produce at your cap.

It could be intentional. Like, it could be an attempt to simulate that some demands will simply never go through, no matter how many more soldiers you have, how many better diplomats you have, or whatever. Crush their country, but that Touhou will never whore herself out... I guess? Or surrender, or anything else.

I honestly don't know if it's just a matter of shitty balancing or if it's intentional that demands are so weak. It can be easy to build up a whole lot of demand power relative to opponents, and the Japanese guys who created the game might've just thought that it was a too-easy path to power. It's just about as simple to crush them with an army, at least when they're weak, so I dunno what the thinking was.

Anyhow, I'm no expert at the game. There're probably ways to game the demand system to make it more amenable to what you want to do with it, but I have no idea what they are. As you've seen, that would pretty much mean reducing the opponent's demand power to less than 600... but I don't really know what the calculation is for enemy demand power. A couple seconds of code checking make it look like it'd take some cross-referencing to figure out, and I'm just not up for that now.

Harem Route

Jan 13, 2018
As you've seen, that would pretty much mean reducing the opponent's demand power to less than 600...
She literally had one territory at that point, and judging by her political power, barely any officers. How much lower can it get?
But that's more of a rhetorical question. Thank you anyway.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes