quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
What's with the sudden burst in this thread's popularity?
The thread was bumped in the Latest Updates page. It's why I wanted to know if there was a big update recently, but it seems like that's not the case.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Well there was an update to K which added a new building system to the strategy map
And the sex system was tweaked a bit

But nowt too major

debemes

Jun 16, 2018
An abbreviated changelong for the major changes or additions shows up if you try to load a save from an older version. Not everything, of course, but might as well drop it for y'all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Carion_Crow

MilkyMartha

Jun 8, 2020
keeps crashing whenever i try to start a game with a character i customise . on a macbook . any ideas to fix it ?

flobadog

Apr 16, 2019
Does the AI use items? If so, is it possible to give them items with debug tools?
During sex? Yeah if you've handed control over to them. But they'll need to know how to use it (high sexknowledge or having seen you use it) and you'll need to own the items.

Reactions: ZilBorb

flobadog

Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for the advice, its not something so critical i would have to cheat it, it just feels like there has to be a way to recover your generals from getting gangraped if not for the constant ntr at least cause its a dumb way to lose high rank generals to a random event.
There are a few ways to try in game, though none are particularly sure fire. The simplest is beating down the special faction in question, though that may take too long. You might find a captive in the slave market and buy their freedom. Other than that prisoners can escape on their own and there is a random event to try and send someone to free them, but both have very low chances of triggering. Might be other ways, not sure

Ozzymandias

Sep 29, 2017
There are a few ways to try in game, though none are particularly sure fire. The simplest is beating down the special faction in question, though that may take too long. You might find a captive in the slave market and buy their freedom. Other than that prisoners can escape on their own and there is a random event to try and send someone to free them, but both have very low chances of triggering. Might be other ways, not sure
I had an event trigger to destroy the secret bandit base and succeeded, which temporarily disabled bandits from taking any actions, but they still "trained" the prisoners regardless of it. Honestly it just seems like bad game design to have these factions steal people with no reliable way to target them since they dont "exist" on the map. Then again i also get that those factions would be too easy to kill if you could target them before they can get a chance to set up. I could visit between turns although they just had Bandit A type of characters, maybe i can use diplomacy to demand prisoners, who knows.

alri

Mar 8, 2019
I had an event trigger to destroy the secret bandit base and succeeded, which temporarily disabled bandits from taking any actions, but they still "trained" the prisoners regardless of it. Honestly it just seems like bad game design to have these factions steal people with no reliable way to target them since they dont "exist" on the map. Then again i also get that those factions would be too easy to kill if you could target them before they can get a chance to set up. I could visit between turns although they just had Bandit A type of characters, maybe i can use diplomacy to demand prisoners, who knows.
Honestly, I think this might just be a conscious game design decision to give the game the ability to occasionally fuck you over without you being able to do anything about it. It is certainly in line with old-school text based games like NetHack (or newer ones like Dwarf Fortress).

I understand that that can be frustrating when you were in the process of building your own perfect waifu harem, but you could also see it as a challenge: You will not rest until your kidnapped waifu is rescued and the perpetrators put to the sword. Afterwards, you do everything in your power to help her mentally heal from her ordeals. Sure, she might not be the same as before the kidnapping, but it is still her. Maybe the whole thing will be as epic a tale as .

Basically, what I'm saying is that it might be worth a try to accept the situations that the game throws at you as is and just try to roll with the punches.

Ozzymandias

Sep 29, 2017
Honestly, I think this might just be a conscious game design decision to give the game the ability to occasionally fuck you over without you being able to do anything about it. It is certainly in line with old-school text based games like NetHack (or newer ones like Dwarf Fortress).

I understand that that can be frustrating when you were in the process of building your own perfect waifu harem, but you could also see it as a challenge: You will not rest until your kidnapped waifu is rescued and the perpetrators put to the sword. Afterwards, you do everything in your power to help her mentally heal from her ordeals. Sure, she might not be the same as before the kidnapping, but it is still her. Maybe the whole thing will be as epic a tale as .

Basically, what I'm saying is that it might be worth a try to accept the situations that the game throws at you as is and just try to roll with the punches.
My point wasnt really the NTR i dont mind that, the thing is that there is no active way to rescue them, you have to rely on random events to fire so that she can be freed, i would like a more active way even if it screws me over. Games like old school roguelikes have a lot of mechanics to screw you over like curse potions, traps etc, but those can all be prepared for and fixed with the right equipment. Here it feels like i just sit out a timer until she either comes back or appears on the slave market and sitting out timers is uninteractive gameplay in my opinion.

Regula

Jan 22, 2018
This game would've been perfect with an adventure mode. It's real good overall. My only real gripe is how someone can just decide to revolt and simply take over multiple cities.

• Love
Reactions: quiboune

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
This game would've been perfect with an adventure mode. It's real good overall. My only real gripe is how someone can just decide to revolt and simply take over multiple cities.
Not sure if this fits what you mean but in TohoK you have the option to start as a wanderer rather than as part of any faction, there isn't much to do in this state and your main options are just to train, interact with other wanderers or try to get in the good grace of other factions but the option does exist. An adventurer mode like dwarf fortress is unlikely to exist as the game doesn't simulate down to the same level.

flobadog

Apr 16, 2019
This game has important life lessons, never trust anyone who isn't madly in love with your cock. Also there are plenty of other Era games out there to try that do different things. In Eramegaten you stomp around the Shin Megami Tensei universe in JRPG style, so not quite what you're looking for but well worth a shot.

Ozzymandias

Sep 29, 2017
That sounds like my type of game, any favorites?
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, ADOM, Dungeons of Dredmor, there are certainly way more than that but my memory is poop. Dungeon Crawl and ADOM are both free on their website so check those out for sure.

ZilBorb

Jul 5, 2019
Not sure if this fits what you mean but in TohoK you have the option to start as a wanderer rather than as part of any faction, there isn't much to do in this state and your main options are just to train, interact with other wanderers or try to get in the good grace of other factions but the option does exist. An adventurer mode like dwarf fortress is unlikely to exist as the game doesn't simulate down to the same level.
A game like this with dwarf fortress-esque adventure mode would be brilliant. Or perhaps just a mod for df that adds nsfw bits

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
If the wanderer mode had more events, an option to get contracts as an independent mercenary(maybe developing some kind of legend), more interactions with the nations and some side quests/activities it'd be perfect.
Interactions with nations could be positive (some leaders would go really far to get a powerful soldier on their side, offering sexual favors or straight-up trying to kidnap them for torture/convincing) or negative (maybe you just don't like a character in particular but don't want to form an army or they don't like you and want you dead).

In other words, it all boils down to events. And those mechanics could benefit the player even if they don't want to play as a Wanderer.

Reactions: Imborrrrrred

alri

Mar 8, 2019
That sounds like my type of game, any favorites?
If you want to go really old school:

Otherwise, I found and to be nice variants with GUIs. Both are free and while Shattered Pixel Dungeon has more of an Android focus, you can play it on a desktop PC as long as you have Java installed (go to the GitHub page for the desktop download).

Tarendos

Mar 18, 2019
You can learn from other girls their SLG skills.
Just saying...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She seems to be doing this pretty often. It doesnt seem that we're able to learn Exclusive skills. But it's still worth a check. There might be some skills towards the escape that can be learned, or just main this girl at the first place.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes