lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
So I know this thread is barely updated and you better go to for current versions.

My issue is: Does anyone know how to read those versions and updates on that site??

Like for example it says "Updated 1 week ago" and then you go in and every file has 2 years ago or something and then there's several branches and in the end I have to download 5 of them and compare the main menu version number to see if it got updated or not.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
So I know this thread is barely updated and you better go to for current versions.

My issue is: Does anyone know how to read those versions and updates on that site??

Like for example it says "Updated 1 week ago" and then you go in and every file has 2 years ago or something and then there's several branches and in the end I have to download 5 of them and compare the main menu version number to see if it got updated or not.
If there's an eng-development branch that's usually the most up to date branch and if there's not one the eng-release or the master branch is probably the one you want. And yeah I've noticed occasionally some games will show they were updated like the FGO-k one, which says it was last updated a week ago only for you to check and see that the last time any branches were updated was 3 months ago. The only thing I can think of is that if a branch was removed it'll consider that an update I don't really use git stuff often and especially not ones that are hosted by this specific site so I'm not sure if that's how that works.

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
If there's an eng-development branch that's usually the most up to date branch and if there's not one the eng-release or the master branch is probably the one you want. And yeah I've noticed occasionally some games will show they were updated like the FGO-k one, which says it was last updated a week ago only for you to check and see that the last time any branches were updated was 3 months ago. The only thing I can think of is that if a branch was removed it'll consider that an update I don't really use git stuff often and especially not ones that are hosted by this specific site so I'm not sure if that's how that works.
Ok thanks, I had hoped there was some menu that i missed that showed the overall branch updates.
In some cases they don't really adhere to the whole eng-release or master being the newest, which makes it even worse to figure out

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Thanks for helping a bud out lol

does it work?
Of course, every resource picture is just a translated PNG file and every Tahou character sheet is just a number of PNG transparent pictures. You can easily just paste something over it and it will work fine. I only asked since I royally suck at lining thing up correcting lol

If you want to use it, make a backup of the original sheet for Yukari before pasting the new PNG in the resource file, make sure to rename it exactly as the original before you modded the name.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
the activity indicator on gitgud lies basically

The only reliable way of checking the activity of a project is to look on the activity screen and look at what has been committed

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
If anyone here plays Eramegaten is the JP wiki for it wrong about some stuff or did I just misunderstand something? Because for the factory Kikue rescue request I was under the impression it's outcome was time based but that the timer for it doesn't begin until you accept the request yet for whatever reason the game is treating it as though it's half-way through the events meaning I can no longer save her despite not accepting the request right away.

Also would I be able to just edit it's ERB to just cheat around that instead of losing hours worth of progress by loading an earlier save?

Last edited:

DoctorPhanan

Jul 26, 2020
Is it safe?
If you are really concerned about the virus flags, you can look at the forks and use one of the two that have the comment "Apply signed anchor, no more memes." I suspect that the comment on Emura-Anchor.exe about running out of money and applying a miner is a joke, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, but I don't have the technical expertise to be able to determine if it is actually a joke or not. Regardless, both of the forks with the "no more memes" comment are cleared by virustotal if you're particularly worried

Caramimo

Feb 3, 2021
So by looking at https://gitgud.io/era-games what i understand is game took a turn by community and there are modded version like fate/grand or Sengoku Rance characters etc. Right? (Never seen group view of gitgud im just confused :D )

vnpt

Jul 8, 2019
So by looking at https://gitgud.io/era-games what i understand is game took a turn by community and there are modded version like fate/grand or Sengoku Rance characters etc. Right? (Never seen group view of gitgud im just confused :D )
I heard some people modded it but keep it to themselves only. But yes...

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I heard some people modded it but keep it to themselves only. But yes...
If I remember right, the lack of mods have to do with the fact that the games are generally poorly coded and organized and no one wants the burden of figuring out what's doing what every time the game is updated. Supposedly there's code in the base game that asks your computer to calculate a value, and then another line of code that tells it to not do that and to use a different formula instead. You know, instead of just taking out the obsolete code. And since the games are still being worked on, you're only going to see more and more of this piled up, which isn't very fun for modders to look through.

vnpt

Jul 8, 2019
If I remember right, the lack of mods have to do with the fact that the games are generally poorly coded and organized and no one wants the burden of figuring out what's doing what every time the game is updated. Supposedly there's code in the base game that asks your computer to calculate a value, and then another line of code that tells it to not do that and to use a different formula instead. You know, instead of just taking out the obsolete code. And since the games are still being worked on, you're only going to see more and more of this piled up, which isn't very fun for modders to look through.
I see. Oh well, I have all the time to wait while learning how to draw...

Feb 21, 2019
How do you get custom characters to display emotion based faces? I tried to do what is done in the faces.csv, but it's only showing the default one. is there even code for c#_emotion?

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
How do you get custom characters to display emotion based faces? I tried to do what is done in the faces.csv, but it's only showing the default one. is there even code for c#_emotion?
I don't think it's possible with the way custom portraits are handled and formatted with the normal characters portraits is like this by using a webp.

Face_1,1_Face.webp,0,0,180,180
Face_1_happy,1_Face.webp,180,0,180,180
Face_1_angry,1_Face.webp,360,0,180,180
Face_1_blush,1_Face.webp,540,0,180,180
Face_1_nude,1_Face.webp,0,180,180,180
Face_1_happy_nude,1_Face.webp,180,180,180,180
Face_1_angry_nude,1_Face.webp,360,180,180,180
Face_1_puff,1_Face.webp,360,360,180,180
Face_1_lust,1_Face.webp,900,0,180,180
Face_1_lust_nude,1_Face.webp,900,180,180,180

Whereas for custom characters it's formatted like this and uses png files instead, maybe it could work if you made a wepb file and formatted the image similarly in the custom portrait csv if the system actually works the same way but I really doubt it does.

c1,c1.png,0,0,180,180;;;;;;;;;;;;;

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Another problem that I ran into when I tried translating GvT's sex stuff was that GvT, and probably quite a few ERA games, use a complex way to construct a sentence over several lines of code
The problem though is that these are of course arranged in Japanese

So not only do you need to piece things together to get a coherent output from a translator, you also need to mess around with the actual code structure - which'll be a massive pain in the arse to maintain when the game updates.

• Sad
Reactions: Ferghus
4.40 star(s) 24 Votes