VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
my bet is Scarlet Devil Mansion. Since the resident of Scarlet always get the spotlight in most Touhou fans game.
I think the Bamboo forest actually has more translated characters. If nothing's changed since I last played it only the SDM characters themselves are translated with all the others around Misty Lake being untranslated whereas every Eientei character sans Eirin is translated(And only actually got any dialogue at all relatively recently as well which is why it's not translated), Mokou, Mystia, Yuuka and Eternity Larva are also mostly fully translated from what I remember and Kagerou is translated a decent bit as well.

Last edited:

Blankrex

Jun 4, 2020
What places in TW are the most translated now?
The shrine where you first meet reimu she has home there ( I dont remember the name ) but the girls in there when you or they initiate sex with you that part is a little bit untranslated ( it kinda breaks immersion, well enjoy what we have at least or use sugoi translator to translate the parts ).

Last edited:

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021
there's a translator on the wiki callled... DeepL? i think? is it any good or are there better alts, cause i really love eromegaten, but i sadly have not been gifted with being an omniglot at birth, as cool as that would be.

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
DeepL may give you the occasional gist of things but quite a lot of the time it'll be somewhat nonsensical. Japanese is a complicated language to machine translate so you'll have to deal with inaccuracies when going down that route.

I suggest using the Sugoi translator instead as that's actively being worked on and has been showing great improvements, you can download it here:

It'll take some getting used to but there's tutorials for it so it's not too bad. For your purposes I'd sugget using either the Textractor options if those work for this game or the Visual Novel OCR options.

Reactions: Belgaz

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
DeepL may give you the occasional gist of things but quite a lot of the time it'll be somewhat nonsensical. Japanese is a complicated language to machine translate so you'll have to deal with inaccuracies when going down that route.

I suggest using the Sugoi translator instead as that's actively being worked on and has been showing great improvements, you can download it here:

It'll take some getting used to but there's tutorials for it so it's not too bad. For your purposes I'd sugget using either the Textractor options if those work for this game or the Visual Novel OCR options.
Yeah sometimes DeepL also just does weird stuff too, like translating the first line of a text and then not even trying to translate a second line and instead just reapeating whatever it chose to translate for the first line. So you'll get stuff like a scene where a character actually says "I hated it but I couldn't resist it, I feel like I'm losing my sanity" get "translated" as "I hated it but I couldn't resist it, I couldn't resist it".

Reactions: TheAshenGuy

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021
Yeah sometimes DeepL also just does weird stuff too, like translating the first line of a text and then not even trying to translate a second line and instead just reapeating whatever it chose to translate for the first line. So you'll get stuff like a scene where a character actually says "I hated it but I couldn't resist it, I feel like I'm losing my sanity" get "translated" as "I hated it but I couldn't resist it, I couldn't resist it".
oh shit, i honestly wouldn't have noticed that wasn't supposed to be repeated, would've thought that it was emphasizing on purpose XD

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021

just the regular translator is more than enough for me. ill give all of the rest a tinkering with later if i run into translation oopsies, but for my purposes... its kinda overkill? i'm thankful for the gift of a proper decent translator regardless ^.^

Last edited:

vnpt

Jul 8, 2019
there's a translator on the wiki callled... DeepL? i think? is it any good or are there better alts, cause i really love eromegaten, but i sadly have not been gifted with being an omniglot at birth, as cool as that would be.
I use Translation Aggregator, I suppose that's one of the alternative. Not sure if it better.

asmrgah

Oct 26, 2021
I use Translation Aggregator, I suppose that's one of the alternative. Not sure if it better.
'twas quite a struggle to provide it with an ATLAS library but it was totally worth it since my version of TA is mesed up and refuses to work with almost all of the provided online services.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vnpt

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
im new to the game,anyone can tell me which character has best and most content/event?
A lot of the leader characters like Remilia, Satori, and Flandre have lots of dialogue and several events. Generally, if they have dialogue, they'll also have at least 2 or 3 events.

The main outlier to that is Tewi. If you include her somewhat-hidden content in the Rabbit Village territory events, she's got by far the most content out of all characters without dialogue.

I say somewhat-hidden because the territory events are easy to forget about. The feature is barely used.

Reactions: CreamyFinger

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Hey, is there any way to insert a custom character into TW? Or can you customize the protagonist only?
Technically you can probably add them as a wholly new character if you look at how the actual characters are implemented and then copying how that works for them. For example when in the games folder if you go to the CSV folder then the Chara folder and copy how one of those files is set up in a new CSV file would enable you to add the absolute basics for a custom character. Then you'd need to go to the resources folder and then edit the 立ち絵(standing portrait) and 顔(Face portraits) files to include your new characters image files. However I don't know what files you'd need to alter to actually get the new CSV file you created to be read by and show up in the game itself.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Hey, is there any way to insert a custom character into TW? Or can you customize the protagonist only?
TW has a lot more going on per character than just that as well.

Each character has their schedules for any given day, schedules for special days, and rudimentary AI files to handle their behavior outside of the schedules.

So, you'd actually need to code their AI. Looking at the AI files of other characters will probably help with that, but you'd likely need to actually know how to code in eralang to make the new character do what you want them to do.

Anjimito

Nov 19, 2018
Technically you can probably add them as a wholly new character if you look at how the actual characters are implemented and then copying how that works for them. For example when in the games folder if you go to the CSV folder then the Chara folder and copy how one of those files is set up in a new CSV file would enable you to add the absolute basics for a custom character. Then you'd need to go to the resources folder and then edit the 立ち絵(standing portrait) and 顔(Face portraits) files to include your new characters image files. However I don't know what files you'd need to alter to actually get the new CSV file you created to be read by and show up in the game itself.

Hooo-ley shit, forget I asked. I hoped for an easier system like in K - thought it's similar and my dumb ass missed it somehow.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes