4.40 star(s) 118 Votes

honihole

Oct 5, 2017
Fine.
I'll add to the pot; even if it's to my opposing view.
*see attached*
It's been 2 years. You think because if this (his) post it's true?
You're saying in that time a dev can't re-render everything and add the tiniest bit of update?
Lip service. And not the good kind.

Reactions: effninefivehuman

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
I was looking forward to the ED sequel (I'm not a fan of femdom, I got through the game along the conventionally "dominant" path, swearing at it occasionally), however, the unique rendering aesthetic, well-developed female characters and overall artistic delivery of ED was too good for me to ignore this game. But aesthetics and lofty matter aside, I can say that I was waiting for a sequel to ED mainly because of the more explicit development of the dominant path with the potential division of the game into 3 different routes where I could safely play the Dom path that interested me. However, after 2 years of Heniss's silence, I pretty much don't care what happens with Estate Dominate anymore. I'm quite happy with the way Karlsson's Gambit is developing now, giving me the gameplay I want.

Heniss seems to have realised that there's not much money to be made from femdom alone, but he realised this too late, having become entangled in the intricacies of the game and in his own perfectionism and the "cherry on the cake" was his ill-conceived spat with the gaming community.
Fine.
I'll add to the pot; even if it's to my opposing view.
*see attached*
It's been 2 years. You think because if this (his) post it's true?
You're saying in that time a dev can't re-render everything and add the tiniest bit of update?
Lip service. And not the good kind.
I'm saying that there is some chance that the game is being worked on. Maybe that chance is ghostly, but nevertheless. Nor do I rule out the possibility that Heniss might be drinking wine in a rocking chair, smoking a cigar and laughing at the naive patrons sponsoring his party :KEK: . But if by some miracle Heniss does release an update this year, I'd love to see the reaction of those people here who have buried ED and branded the developer a fraud.

Last edited:

hubvan

Jun 23, 2018
I mean, even if he did an update, what would it even mean? You can't keep a game alive by releasing an update every 10-20 months, let alone making steady income. It would take at least 3-4 solid updates in a row with a somewhat predictable release schedule to bring him back on tracks. This is a joke.

• Haha
Reactions: lnppo

Kiwo

Jul 11, 2018
Funny part is that is exactly what ICSTOR been doing with Milfy City for almost ever.

Fantajack

Apr 1, 2020
I was looking forward to the ED sequel (I'm not a fan of femdom, I got through the game along the conventionally "dominant" path, swearing at it occasionally), however, the unique rendering aesthetic, well-developed female characters and overall artistic delivery of ED was too good for me to ignore this game. But aesthetics and lofty matter aside, I can say that I was waiting for a sequel to ED mainly because of the more explicit development of the dominant path with the potential division of the game into 3 different routes where I could safely play the Dom path that interested me. However, after 2 years of Heniss's silence, I pretty much don't care what happens with Estate Dominate anymore. I'm quite happy with the way Karlsson's Gambit is developing now, giving me the gameplay I want.

Heniss seems to have realized that there's not much money to be made from femdom alone, but he realised this too late, having become entangled in the intricacies of the game and in his own perfectionism and the "cherry on the cake" was his ill-conceived spat with the gaming community.

I'm saying that there is some chance that the game is being worked on. Maybe that chance is ghostly, but nevertheless. Nor do I rule out the possibility that Heniss might be drinking wine in a rocking chair, smoking a cigar and laughing at the naive patrons sponsoring his party :KEK: . But if by some miracle Heniss does release an update this year, I'd love to see the reaction of those people here who have buried ED and branded the developer a fraud.

As one of the people that has branded the Dev a fraud, I will happily admit that I was wrong if Hennis actually releases a substantial update for this game. If I have a choice between my ego (being right) and ED being completed I choose ED being completed every time. So thats a preview of what my reaction would be if a substantial content Update was released this year.

Sadly this is highly unlikely.

Modsognir

Dec 26, 2020
I mean, even if he did an update, what would it even mean? You can't keep a game alive by releasing an update every 10-20 months, let alone making steady income.
Hmmm... What would it mean? Well, at the face of it, it means that there would be an update with new content.
- The game is "alive" as long as the developer is still working on it, is it not?
- I am not sure why the developer's income should be your/our concern.

In the end what matters is that the developer is having fun creating their game. And it really doesn't matter how long that takes.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hmmm... What would it mean? Well, at the face of it, it means that there would be an update with new content.
- The game is "alive" as long as the developer is still working on it, is it not?

In the end what matters is that the developer is having fun creating their game. And it really doesn't matter how long that takes.
Henissart, please re-login.

toto4455

Mar 5, 2018

That actually makes no sense. You telling me If I release a game and after 2 chapters start milking you for money by just making wallpapers and then updates after that are like 2 minutes worth of gameplay for 10 years, "the game is alive"? That you should keep funding me?

Also income IS our concern, Patron fund for the development of the game no? So updates not coming is essentially fraud. It's like funding a kickstart and being satisfied for paying for concept art and not the product you were promised.

Reactions: Karl Speidel

khallas

Sep 25, 2021
When the abandonned tag first came out I thought it was an exageration but since I realized that the next version was announced for may of 2021, one year later there is not a single update from the author, this is scamming territory so good job on that tag

Jul 29, 2020
When the abandonned tag first came out I thought it was an exageration but since I realized that the next version was announced for may of 2021, one year later there is not a single update from the author, this is scamming territory so good job on that tag
And that may was after 8 months of nothing and several "just a few more weeks and it will be released...oh wait I had to go back and redo ALL the renders again."

I really wanted a new update for the game and had the hope alive for about 15 months. But its a few weeks away from its second anniversary with ZERO content.

George R R Martin raises a glass and toasts this person for their wise business model. If you can make money while doing not much and never keeping a pormise, or not even making a promise any longer, says more about your fans than you.

TransKelly89

Jul 25, 2022
I really hope whoever made this game decides to pick this game up again and finish this game. I really, really enjoyed playing this storyline game. At first it was a bit hard to get into the game. But after a while, I really got into the game and really enjoyed it. My only grievance/ problem with this game, is that I wish the player had a lot more choices available/ to make in the game. It’s more of an online story book than a game. I kinda wish the player was able to make more choices in the game than what’s in this storybook game.

Modsognir

Dec 26, 2020
That actually makes no sense. You telling me If I release a game and after 2 chapters start milking you for money by just making wallpapers and then updates after that are like 2 minutes worth of gameplay for 10 years, "the game is alive"? That you should keep funding me?

Also income IS our concern, Patron fund for the development of the game no? So updates not coming is essentially fraud. It's like funding a kickstart and being satisfied for paying for concept art and not the product you were promised.
First of all, you clearly haven't read what I wrote.
I clearly wrote that the game is alive as long as the dev is working on it. Or rather, if we eventually get an update with new content, that means that the game is still alive*.
As for the Patreon thing... Are you a Patron of the dev?
If yes, you can decide for yourself to cancel your subscription, or keep it going, depending on whether you think your money is worth funding them, based on the information we have on game progress or lack thereof.
If no, you have no right to demand anything, complain about anything, or in general to feel entitled to anything.

* You could say that the current status of the game is akin to Schrödinger's cat .

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Has the Dev ever communicated one way or the other about the official status of this game?

I seem to remember something of a breakdown where he kinda quit (due to trolling) but then tentatively came back... then came the Wallpapers...only wallpapers.
I liked to imagine that the wallpapers were the byproduct of him continuing to develop this game, maybe very slow part time progress or maybe simply abandoning the WIP route aiming instead for one big release.

It has been a long time since I've heard anything remotely heartening. Only the bitching of Milk Trolls

4.40 star(s) 118 Votes