BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Although early in the story the game itself seems to be well put together and quite interesting. Definitely one to bookmark and continue on the journey with. Great renders and writing. Really can't think of any true negatives.. love the way it's set up to pick dialog. The mini game for the sparring isn't overly hard or frustrating.. a plus if you're going to include them.

Barmaids and wenches and drinking oh my!

2 thumbs up at the moment, truly hope that continues.

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Yes you have to beat him, and you have to get drunk in the tavern. And that seems to be a bit strange. When you dont get drunk there she does not visit you. This feels way to unrelated to the decisions you made. I think especially when you get drunk it feels wrong.

When you dont get drunk you return to the castle at night - as I would assume earlier than when u get drunk. Then the new Bodyguard visits you. That is still a strange time for that, but when you get drunk and crawl back to the castle, the queen visits you and after all that the BG visits you. So by I guess this is WAY later than what happens when you dont get drunk.

I think she should visit us the next morning. OR visit us only when we dont drink with the dwarf. When we do that, she should visit us the next morning and can maybe even comment on that or something like that.

Currently if feels off to me.
Maybe her visiting you only when drunk is intentional as she feels you are more vulnerable and prone to be manipulated? I mean she is pretty much trying to secretly control you through sex, so it seems plausible that she would wait for a favorable situation to make her move with less chance of being rejected.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
As stated before, I won't add NTR as a planned tag since it's not set in stone.
Sure, but adding it in the Genre as a possible tag is important. You don't have to say it's planned, but you can say "possible Future NTR" or something. That gives people some insight. If you don't plan on adding it at all just say so now. However, if there is doubt, best pull off the bandage earlier than later and have your game be torn apart for "adding NTR without warning us!" I'd say if the chances of adding it is above 40% just add the tag. Personally, I avoid games with any of that tag, so I'd avoid it to save me the trouble of playing a game with content not to my liking.

Just my two cents

Reactions: HansDampf788

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
I would love to include animation, but I won't since my PC already renders the current images very slowly, when I get better PC specs then I will certainly add animations!
what about just repeats? can be called animation lol
some games just have 2 images, the tip is in, the full thrust and then repeat those two images in a loop, it is not great, but it is better than nothing :eek:

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
what about just repeats? can be called animation lol
some games just have 2 images, the tip is in, the full thrust and then repeat those two images in a loop, it is not great, but it is better than nothing :eek:
I really could, but I feel like it ruins the scene by adding "animations" like that. For me it just doesn't feel right, I would much rather add something I can look back at and say that I'm proud of that, and I wouldn't get that from just adding some janky images.

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
I know its medieval times etc..but the game seems visually a bit to dark all the time.. no thanks
I've gotten that a lot, could you refer to some of the images you deem too dark? I'm want to see if I can correct it.

Bigwaveadol

Oct 26, 2017
Might want to rename if you don't intend to include Ys references somehow. Or maybe just to avoid Falcom dropping a hammer.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Not sure I understand, could you explain? What is Ys and Falcom?
got curious so figured i'd look it up.

Ys is a gaming series. and Falcom is the developer. and Esteria is a small island nation in that world i guess.

doubt you'll have to worry about copyright claims since your game is called Esteria and not Ys.

Reactions: Mr. Unique

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
My SubscribeStar has finally been approved, so I will begin to slowly move over from Patreon to SubscribeStar. That means, if anybody was deciding to become a Patron, I would highly advise against it, and wait till I get the SubscribeStar setup completely. I will eventually remove my Patreon so that I can work on a game without any restrictions.

I will update all links once it's all done and setup.

Ichigo Kurosaki Shiba

Mar 17, 2019
how to properly put relation at the very start of the game becouse i have never seen a handmaiden before im used to roommate etc,thx

NVM

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes