Apr 2, 2021
i noticed most of the times people feel update is shorter is when there is a big branch and they only read one side
in this case
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
both sides have lot of renders and lot of story but if you only read one side it feels like much shorter cause you never experience the other side
if you are used to let say 1500 pages and then you read 500 pages plus 500 pages of the side you choose it WILL feel like you read less compared to when you read both sides and get all 1500 pages of content
Yes I made the same observation as you did in my review of the update over here:
YOOO just finished the 0.7 update in two sittings - have to take a break after
Here to contribute my thoughts as usual about the update:

TLDR:
Basically the mutually exclusive branching events, plus an incomplete and merely started pirate server event made people feel the update is shorter.

In hindsight I think it might have been better to let us experience both Werewolf+ Vampire path in one single playthrough because the vampire path is not extremely long compared to werewolf. Could have been a choice of "Penny first/Luna first" instead of either/or choice.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
In hindsight I think it might have been better to let us experience both Werewolf+ Vampire path in one single playthrough because the vampire path is not extremely long compared to werewolf. Could have been a choice of "Penny first/Luna first" instead of either/or choice.
I thought the update was of a good length and that split path was probably more of a "prototype" or a trial run for something more comprehensive later down the line, but it is true that you could've easily combine both paths and it probably would've been better.

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
Yes I made the same observation as you did in my review of the update over here:

Basically the mutually exclusive branching events, plus an incomplete and merely started pirate server event made people feel the update is shorter.

i totally agree. i would understand decision of forced decision, pick one lose one, if this was a "choose your girl" game like BaDIK, but since we know Caribdis is making harem game this kind of choices feel weird and out of character

Frostfire281

Jan 18, 2019
As someone who went back to read both paths, they both felt a little short. I'd say the update definitely felt shorter than 0.6, but not enough so as to be a problem and the quality is still insanely high so it's fine imo.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Just a thought from the uninitiated:
Idris keeps telling Orion that he is asking the wrong questions.
Perhaps a proper question would be what Orion was or is to Idriel. As they both talked, chained to the place without space and time, Idriel was suddenly naked as he cuddled up to Orion. To me this suggested that the two of them had a romantic and/or sexual past. It would be a little strange if Idriel were an AI, but there are also elves, vampires, aliens,... - so why not.

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
Just a thought from the uninitiated:
Idris keeps telling Orion that he is asking the wrong questions.
Perhaps a proper question would be what Orion was or is to Idriel. As they both talked, chained to the place without space and time, Idriel was suddenly naked as he cuddled up to Orion. To me this suggested that the two of them had a romantic and/or sexual past. It would be a little strange if Idriel were an AI, but there are also elves, vampires, aliens,... - so why not.
im starting to think that orion and idril were the couple from calypso's story

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
hi whats the difference from the version now vs the public version a month from now? :)
Uhm...ask us again in a month? Normally there are a few typo fixes and maybe a few new renders for certain decisions, but for now no one here can know what Cari will change for the public release.

thememeguy123

Nov 19, 2023
keep getting the feeling Idriel is Penny from a different timeline / world or however you would interpret it. assuming there were many that had that idea and had some deeper thoughts on why it can or cant be

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
Uhm...ask us again in a month? Normally there are a few typo fixes and maybe a few new renders for certain decisions, but for now no one here can know what Cari will change for the public release.
ok thanks! you answered my question even tho i made a horrible job of asking it haha

4.80 star(s) 909 Votes