jocoyo

May 9, 2018
Orion having the whole "do I actually love all these girls?" conversation to himself obviously meant to signify that he's starting to think of having an official and open relationship with all 7 of these girls eventually, but his definition of "just fooling around" is so funny to me. Apparently aggressively flirting and pretty much dropping an "I love you" to a girl, her sister, AND her mother and eventually fucking all 3 of them is "just fooling around" lmao.

And the "I wonder if they'd be mad if they found out what I was doing with the other girls"... usually when you find out your crush / friend-with-benefits is having 6 other secret sexual relationships with some of your best friends, that's a red flag. But of course, this is a harem game, so I know everything's gonna work out in the end and ultimately none of the girls will feel hurt.

I've expressed this a long time ago in this thread, but I find it funny how Orion is so well written and genuinely the greatest man on earth in the individual girls' routes, but when you play the harem route, I perceive him as more of a womanizer and find him much more unlikeable.

Reactions: ename144 and Redd23

topshelf

Dec 7, 2023
My own perception is that it was bigger.
i noticed most of the times people feel update is shorter is when there is a big branch and they only read one side
in this case
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
both sides have lot of renders and lot of story but if you only read one side it feels like much shorter cause you never experience the other side
if you are used to let say 1500 pages and then you read 500 pages plus 500 pages of the side you choose it WILL feel like you read less compared to when you read both sides and get all 1500 pages of content
As someone who went back to read both paths, they both felt a little short. I'd say the update definitely felt shorter than 0.6, but not enough so as to be a problem and the quality is still insanely high so it's fine imo.

Changelog:
  • 1375+ new images
  • 50+ new animations
  • 13900+ new lines of code

Changelog:
  • 1250+ new images
  • 60+ new animations
  • 13450+ new lines of code
So roughly the same size. Less renders, few more animations.

However, 0.7 took almost two months longer to develop than 0.6. Caribdis did touch on this in his post before the release and said it's not going to be a pattern moving forward. Real life always comes first and if he's burned out the game isn't going to be as good, and things like this are bound to happen when you develop a game over several years, so I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.

But if we're ruthless and act like Cari is a robot, in that extra development time we could've got some actual pirate action on the New World server, or a nightclub event on Ion. Combine that with the Vampire/Werewolf paths being mutually exclusive, and I suppose a single playthrough is a little bit disappointing in length when you consider the time this chapter took to make.

In saying that, I'm sure there's going to be an update that'll be the biggest one yet so it all probably evens out.

Last edited:

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
So i decided to replay the western section again and at the scene with Dalia, one gets the option to penetrate her, obviously i didn't choose it but got curious and went looking at the game script, i can definetly say that's obviously it's the worst possible choice one can make. not only did she specifically told you she wasn't going to have sex, but doing so anyway is RAPE! It even registers in the game as such: Captura de tela 2024-03-25 163938.png

And there's one thing i'm sure will happen with this variable being True, the MC is screwed, and not just losing Dalia, but this will definetly have serious and catastrophic consequences to all LIs.

Doing this to Dalia will absolutely destroy all trust Nancy and Penny had on him (i mean seriously, would you trust someone who raped your daughter/sister?), and Alex,Luna and Nova will find out about it soon after.
There's just no way of one getting out of this situation.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
So i decided to replay the western section again and at the scene with Dalia, one gets the option to penetrate her, obviously i didn't choose it but got curious and went looking at the game script, i can definetly say that's obviously it's the worst possible choice one can make. not only did she specifically told you she wasn't going to have sex, but doing so anyway is RAPE! It even registers in the game as such: View attachment 3478313

And there's one thing i'm sure will happen with this variable being True, the MC is screwed, and not just losing Dalia, but this will definetly have serious and catastrophic consequences to all LIs.

Doing this to Dalia will absolutely destroy all trust Nancy and Penny had on him (i mean seriously, would you trust someone who raped your daughter/sister?), and Alex,Luna and Nova will find out about it soon after.
There's just no way of one getting out of this situation.
I mean...he's dead...so...

Honestly makes me wonder, if that has any consequences so far...I mean that should've already destroyed the playthrough or being a game over screen or something.

Reactions: Redd23

Karla Jean

Oct 5, 2022

Changelog:
  • 1375+ new images
  • 50+ new animations
  • 13900+ new lines of code

Changelog:
  • 1250+ new images
  • 60+ new animations
  • 13450+ new lines of code
So roughly the same size. Less renders, few more animations.

However, 0.7 took almost two months longer to develop than 0.6. Caribdis did touch on this in his post before the release and said it's not going to be a pattern moving forward. Real life always comes first and if he's burned out the game isn't going to be as good, and things like this are bound to happen when you develop a game over several years, so I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.

But if we're ruthless and act like Cari is a robot, in that extra development time we could've got some actual pirate action on the New World server, or a nightclub event on Ion. Combine that with the Vampire/Werewolf paths being mutually exclusive, and I suppose a single playthrough is a little bit disappointing in length when you consider the time this chapter took to make.

In saying that, I'm sure there's going to be an update that'll be the biggest one yet so it all probably evens out.
There were also two free roam sessions last update, which made it seem longer. I don't know, playing a game and wanting more of it is a good problem to have, but damn if I didn't want more of it. I love the worlds and the characters and even if what we got is amazing I'd probably have preferred swapping out some of the sex for more time with them.

Reactions: wfsnekili

Nullbot

Aug 27, 2018
That's a concession that must be made in a game like this, sadly, unless you go full manga or establish the girls as being into open relationships from the get-go (which could easily become so outlandish that it would require even more suspension of disbelief).

I've said this before in this thread, but if nothing else, I'd say Caribdis has markedly improved since OiaL, given how Orion is believably written as a good, pleasant person, womanizing tendencies aside. OiaL's MC, on the other hand, was often portrayed as a good person, only for the game to reward the player for

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
The 0.7 scene with
is hands down the best scene ever made in these types of games. Other popular games are not even close.
its matter of opinions, for reasons i expressed before i find it to be my least favorite scene of the update with luna being favorite (but i should also point out the bias cause luna is my favorite LI)

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
As I have explained before:

yeah i heard you and read your explanation, let me have my dose of copium lmao :p
jokes aside though
I am not saying you are wrong, i am saying in my opinion it would be bad narrative or at least one not to my liking

Reactions: Biruambush

Karla Jean

Oct 5, 2022
That's a concession that must be made in a game like this, sadly, unless you go full manga or establish the girls as being into open relationships from the get-go (which could easily become so outlandish that it would require even more suspension of disbelief).

I've said this before in this thread, but if nothing else, I'd say Caribdis has markedly improved since OiaL, given how Orion is believably written as a good, pleasant person, womanizing tendencies aside. OiaL's MC, on the other hand, was often protrayed as a good person, only for the game to reward the player for
Agreed. I was very pleased with the improvements to character consent in this game over the last.

Reactions: cayseron

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
yeah i heard you and read your explanation, let me have my dose of copium lmao :p
jokes aside though
I am not saying you are wrong, i am saying in my opinion it would be bad narrative or at least one not to my liking

Then again...Cari has a way of resolve his cliffhanger a bit cheaply every now and then...so for all we know, you might be right after all. Which in turn would be something I wouldn't particularly like. :Kappa:

I've expressed this a long time ago in this thread, but I find it funny how Orion is so well written and genuinely the greatest man on earth in the individual girls' routes, but when you play the harem route, I perceive him as more of a womanizer and find him much more unlikeable.
Yeah, Cari closes in on the point where this becomes a problem and maybe this even will play a role now after the end of 0.7, we'll see.

Dec 29, 2023

Then again...Cari has a way of resolve his cliffhanger a bit cheaply every now and then...so for all we know, you might be right after all. Which in turn would be something I wouldn't particularly like. :Kappa:

Yeah, Cari closes in on the point where this becomes a problem and maybe this even will play a role now after the end of 0.7, we'll see.
Dude, your explanation is really awesome and so satisfying.

Valath

Jan 18, 2018
Doesn't matter if it's NTR or not, people will call it NTR because nobody knows what it means. Open relationship? NTR. Woman sleeping with someone while being friends with the main character but not dating? NTR. Consensual cuckoldry? NTR. MMF threesome? NTR. Rape? NTR.
"Well and why not? Surely all of these are examples of Non-Traditional Relationships, yes? You have to really think about these things, like I did when I decided the theme of my 60:th birthday should be Bridge, Darts, Song and Music. Now I just need to find out who spiked the drinks..."

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022

yeah its definition of agree to disagree, no matter what happens one of us gonna be right and other one wont like the outcome (unless we are both wrong in which case :pikachushockedface: ) XD
i also like how we both perceive crucial details of each others theory as potential red herring and its valid in both cases. like i am not disagreeing with what you say i just hope that is not the case :)

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
"Well and why not? Surely all of these are examples of Non-Traditional Relationships, yes? You have to really think about these things, like I did when I decided the theme of my 60:th birthday should be Bridge, Darts, Song and Music. Now I just need to find out who spiked the drinks..."
i suck at perceiving sarcasm in text form so i have to ask is this it?

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes