RohanPrince

Feb 26, 2018
i think some tropes resonate with public more than others. Relatively speaking each LI has some tropes and big aspects of their personality's are clishe. Alex is just one of those that have so many relatable character tropes or simply put lot of her character hits too close.
Penny is extrovert, lowkey celebrity, "the popular girl"
Daliah is eater, competitive, "the tough girl"
Annie is shy, timid, scaredycat, "the childhood friend"
Nancy is "milf"
Nova is nerd
you get my point.
Alex is the one that have daddy issues, family problems, shows vulnerability while also showing she is strong character by trying to be independent... There is lot to unpack or desire.
Also i love how you said Penelope went from favourite to least favourite because i feel like that fits my point perfectly. When you look for something long term, girls like penelope normally end like that. Great start and quick burnout. Once you get past the rush of getting the popular girl and now have to deal with whats beneath the fame, its not that interesting :p
But the reason for penelope becoming my least favorite is not because we finally get to do it. The reason for me is that her relationship development pacing seemed awkard and rushed. Ofcourse compared to Alex there was way less to unpack, but it doesn't mean there weren't any chances to properly devlop a relationship with her. For example, in the college party, that was a good chance to develop relation with Penelope , but the development chance was skipped/cut short in that party and we wen't for dorm room shenanigans.

Reactions: ename144

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
But the reason for penelope becoming my least favorite is not because we finally get to do it. The reason for me is that her relationship development pacing seemed awkard and rushed. Ofcourse compared to Alex there was way less to unpack, but it doesn't mean there weren't any chances to properly devlop a relationship with her. For example, in the college party, that was a good chance to develop relation with Penelope , but the development chance was skipped/cut short in that party and we wen't for dorm room shenanigans.
would it help if you perceive penny arc as one that started years back when you were kids so you can think of it as lot already being unpacked. For example just one short scene where she sees her own memory of babysitting daliah and orion can kickstart flow of memories worth years and years in her mind which even though readers dont see are also in orions mind from when he was kid. Penny's arc is rushed only in comparison to other LI's. Even nancy only start exploring her carnal desires when she first sees Orions all grown up, so in case of Nancy we get to see whole development. Penny has lot of fond memories and reason she falls for Orion is not something new to her but fact he is still same person he knew as a kid and who still treat her the same in spite of her new fame and looks...

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Okay, so I've heard about this game before, but the reviews are the most generic 5 star reviews with nonspecific "ohhh the story was soo good blah blah" that It reads like Chat GPT wrote them.....

What makes this game good.... SPECIFICALLY. :KEK: I'm not trying to bait.

• Sad
Reactions: 420691312

Vondoot

Jan 11, 2018
Okay, so I've heard about this game before, but the reviews are the most generic 5 star reviews with nonspecific "ohhh the story was soo good blah blah" that It reads like Chat GPT wrote them.....

Good humor, interesting story to follow, characters that have personalities(albeit sometimes kinda cartoony). Oh, and some of the hottest sex scenes in AVNs right now. Also the dev actually finishes his games which is more than most can say.

Phillip.J.Fry

Oct 5, 2020

Changelog:
  • 1375+ new images
  • 50+ new animations
  • 13900+ new lines of code

Changelog:
  • 1250+ new images
  • 60+ new animations
  • 13450+ new lines of code
So roughly the same size. Less renders, few more animations.

However, 0.7 took almost two months longer to develop than 0.6. Caribdis did touch on this in his post before the release and said it's not going to be a pattern moving forward. Real life always comes first and if he's burned out the game isn't going to be as good, and things like this are bound to happen when you develop a game over several years, so I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.

But if we're ruthless and act like Cari is a robot, in that extra development time we could've got some actual pirate action on the New World server, or a nightclub event on Ion. Combine that with the Vampire/Werewolf paths being mutually exclusive, and I suppose a single playthrough is a little bit disappointing in length when you consider the time this chapter took to make.

In saying that, I'm sure there's going to be an update that'll be the biggest one yet so it all probably evens out.
But I want an Oompa-Lumpa now!

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

On the surface, it's a Mystery-Adventure Harem AVN that looks like a parody to 'Ready Player One' or just about any story where playing and progressing through a VRMMO is a major focus.

Dive a little deep, and it's actually an AVN that hearkens back to the kind of storytelling that you usually see in Old School Eroges where the character building, worldbuilding, and a plot that does not completely center around banging women are given more focus (which makes it stand out a bit from the rest of the competition that feels like they have a same-y premise). The plot certainly isn't original, but it's good enough for people to be invested in it.

It also happens to be the dev's second game, where he fundamentally improves upon every aspect that the first game was sorely lacking (i.e. better music, a somewhat more focused narrative, better development amongst the LIs, better cinematography, etc). Speaking of the dev, he is also loved for having a somewhat speedier release schedule which he sticks to for the most part, which is a breath of fresh air in a scene that is notorious for having devs that have very drawn out release schedules and a high attrition rate.

Of course, it's not without faults. Branching paths don't fully exist in this game (which is prevalent in some eroges where there is only one correct choice and the rest lead to losing an LIs path or a bad end), though on a positive side that allows the dev to just hammer through updates without having to worry about making completely unique paths depending on player choices (which leads to longer dev time). The humor can be a hit or miss, probably more so than the first game where the humor there feels like it's dialed up to 11 (whereas the humor here sometimes doesn't hit well due to the more serious nature/tone of the story). And the visual style can be a turn-off to some people who may not like the somewhat "JRPG-ish"/"Anime-ish" style.

Still, overall, people like it because it's a fun ride and has aspects that a lot of people find endearing - whether it be the characters, the humor, the music, the plot which encourages them to theorize what will happen next. That's pretty much it.

*This post was brought to you by the Church of Nova.
JOIN US...OR WE'RE GONNA GET YA.

Modhunter

Oct 28, 2022
Unfortunately, this game and Artemis were my first VNs, imagine my surprise when I found out that i the vn scape it like I got to learn learn to drive in ferraris and had to deal with some great other little cars, but not this standard. Games like Eternum, sicae, my bully is my lover deal with music cues and camera work as well as humor, levity as well as drama like no other. Bravo and keep it coming

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
On the surface, it's a Mystery-Adventure Harem AVN that looks like a parody to 'Ready Player One' or just about any story where playing and progressing through a VRMMO is a major focus.

Dive a little deep, and it's actually an AVN that hearkens back to the kind of storytelling that you usually see in Old School Eroges where the character building, worldbuilding, and a plot that does not completely center around banging women are given more focus (which makes it stand out a bit from the rest of the competition that feels like they have a same-y premise). The plot certainly isn't original, but it's good enough for people to be invested in it.

It also happens to be the dev's second game, where he fundamentally improves upon every aspect that the first game was sorely lacking (i.e. better music, a somewhat more focused narrative, better development amongst the LIs, better cinematography, etc). Speaking of the dev, he is also loved for having a somewhat speedier release schedule which he sticks to for the most part, which is a breath of fresh air in a scene that is notorious for having devs that have very drawn out release schedules and a high attrition rate.

Of course, it's not without faults. Branching paths don't fully exist in this game (which is prevalent in some eroges where there is only one correct choice and the rest lead to losing an LIs path or a bad end), though on a positive side that allows the dev to just hammer through updates without having to worry about making completely unique paths depending on player choices (which leads to longer dev time). The humor can be a hit or miss, probably more so than the first game where the humor there feels like it's dialed up to 11 (whereas the humor here sometimes doesn't hit well due to the more serious nature/tone of the story). And the visual style can be a turn-off to some people who may not like the somewhat "JRPG-ish"/"Anime-ish" style.

Still, overall, people like it because it's a fun ride and has aspects that a lot of people find endearing - whether it be the characters, the humor, the music, the plot which encourages them to theorize what will happen next. That's pretty much it.

Thanks for the breakdown. Not a fan of linear-ish harem games, but sounds like the dev actually puts time into making the games. Which I do like a lot.

Admittedly Ready Player One was kinda average as a book (never saw the movie), so if it's just doing the VRMMO thing rather than trying to imitate it, it sounds pretty solid. I don't mind more "realistic" visuals any more or less than anime style ones.

If dev is focusing on completing his game, they could always go back to expand on characters and branching decisions/different content/etc in a post 1.0 to flesh out the game imo. Which I wish more devs would do vs trying to complete the entire game completely and taking... years longer than it could.

Will give it a look. I'm getting the "yOu jUsT hAvE tO pLaY iT fOr yOuRsElF" vibes from everyone about this game tbh, which is... :KEK:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
If dev is focusing on completing his game, they could always go back to expand on characters and branching decisions/different content/etc in a post 1.0 to flesh out the game imo. Which I wish more devs would do vs trying to complete the entire game completely and taking... years longer than it could.
I don't know about that. He's been very vocal on Discord that he plans to jump to a new game once he finishes this one (which he has estimated to be about 12-14 updates in total length, meaning we still have 5-7 updates left before the story ends). He also dislikes remakes/remasters, believing them to be a bad trap for devs to fall into, and that he'd rather "make new stuff."

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes