Apr 8, 2018
He's a player, what he knows is pretty much the same as what the other players know about her. He is more involved in the story, as he is a player who died and is trapped in the world of Eternun, but this does not make him enlightened and understand everything that happens in this world.

That's clear that it's not a game, but it's a different universe with different laws of physics. In Eternun there is magic and dozens of other things that have no manifestation in the real world. For me, I really wish Eternun's physical laws didn't spill over into the real world and that the MC didn't have superhuman powers in the real world.
I'm sorry, I just had to :KEK::KEK::KEK:
nun.png

To add on, I think it's inevitable that he'll manifest powers "irl" otherwise it kinda doesn't make sense that their physical body improves at a much faster rate when they were playing Eternum plus that fast reflexes football thing with Axel is some sorta foreshadowing but eh what do I know, I'm just some shmuck.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
I'm sorry, I just had to :KEK::KEK::KEK:
View attachment 3696183

To add on, I think it's inevitable that he'll manifest powers "irl" otherwise it kinda doesn't make sense that their physical body improves at a much faster rate when they were playing Eternum plus that fast reflexes football thing with Axel is some sorta foreshadowing but eh what do I know, I'm just some shmuck.
1717302746899.png
If the protagonist does die later over the course of the story (or in a bad ending), the option of joining a convent wouldn't be a distant possibility for some of the haremettes to consider. :unsure::unsure:

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
Glad you like Eternum, now you play the waiting game with us :devilish:
Dev cycles have varied between something like 5 and 7 1/2 months with the latest updates having taken longest, but we definitely expect another update this year and the dev has said they will try to keep the update cycle at or below the last ones.

Theories for our MC's possible demise range from: he aint dying at all (perhaps using his powers on earth for the first time) or him dropping into limbo with maybe Idriel or be an NPC for a while as you suggested yourself.

Calypso's possible involvement was also discussed, with the one caveat that she had already mentioned she tried making a portal to earth prior to the current events and it did not work. May change however. There was a theory that MC may drag Calypso to earth herself, having her stranded there.

And just to clarify, you mentioned both "real life" and "server" and that may just be because the terms just come up, but at the beginning of the last update we got the reveal (which was already heavily hinted at) that Eternum worlds are not servers but actual other realms and earth is just one of them, nothing like real life or anything. Annieway, great to have you, but now you must wait. First set of sneak peek to the next update dropped here and progress was put at 20% currently iirc.

Cheers =)
Thanks for the information brother! I can't wait to pick it up again later this year.

There was already so much more content in the game than I was expecting, it took me multiple weekends to play through everything. Does the dev hint which girls are the focus of each update and will have scenes with MC?

Given the previews for the next chapter are still heavily pirate-themed and the girls don't seem distraught - either the death situation is resolved quickly, or it is put aside and they are none the wiser. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Cheers!

theickobicko

May 29, 2019
That's clear that it's not a game, but it's a different universe with different laws of physics. In Eternun there is magic and dozens of other things that have no manifestation in the real world. For me, I really wish Eternun's physical laws didn't spill over into the real world and that the MC didn't have superhuman powers in the real world.
the different "servers" also have different rules, some have magic, some don't, they are also different universes. yet MC's powers as well as those of Calypso work in all of them. even if we say MC's powers are not exactly magic, Calypso's should be. but they work everywhere.
also it's said that the immortals can "connect" to eternum without the visors, so it suggest out world is just one of many.
also they add new "servers" with time, meaning they find those other universes little by little. so my guess is ours is just way too "far" from the rest. Or maybe the immortals concealed it somehow. whatever.
even if we ignore this and say i'm wrong about this (which i may very well be), there were enough foreshadowing showing MC's powers can be used "irl", like the incident with the football. it's not just reflexes, the screen had effects similar to when MC used his powers, as well as the music suggested that.
even the punch at the last episode was not natural. add to those displays all the little things that Chang explained on how MC have changed and it should be pretty obvious. i highly doubt all those were red herrings or something similar

now i get that you don't want the story to progress like this, it's fair, it's personal preference. i'm just saying it's most likely going to progress this way. so yeah, better prepare.
also you compared this development with the Matrix, which yeah, was kind of annoying, but that would be true only if "the real life" is really completely separated and has nothing to do with the other worlds. but if what most think is true, that "the real world" is just another "server", then the situation is different to what the matrix did.

but in the end, who knows. maybe you will be right. it's all speculation at this point.

Feb 21, 2023
Does the dev hint which girls are the focus of each update and will have scenes with MC?

Given the previews for the next chapter are still heavily pirate-themed and the girls don't seem distraught - either the death situation is resolved quickly, or it is put aside and they are none the wiser. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Cheers!
We were able to guess most scenes based on either previews or the fact which LI had what number of scenes and was featured how long ago. Though Caribdis did not want it as clear as we got it, but we still can make quite educated guesses. Someone, somewhere made a list of all scenes but I couldn't find it on the run.

Yes, it was already announced the pirate event would continue (would be a damn waste if it was over that quickly). As for how quickly the cliffhanger might get resolved, the previous ones were usually taken care of very soon. But we do not yet know how far into the next update our sneak peeks are, so we actually do not know yet if there will ever be any kind of mourning phase or something like that.

Reactions: KanyeT

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Your theory is not logical, brother. A player needs a visor to connect Eternum and it's just one. Orion's visor was still at Nova's when he got shot, so he can't tell Nova he connected to Eternum at Carter's. Nova is a very smart gal, no way she would buy that. All I'm saying Orion can't hide the fact that he's dead.

There is just one theory that most Eternum players have a consensus on. I mean of course there're others, but only one makes sense to most players.

According to the theory Calypso sense Orion's life in danger during in her deep-meditation and teleport Orion to Eternum and heal him there, then teleport Orion back to the real world.

How can she sense Orion? It is not clear yet how she can do that but we know she can sense Orion in Eternum. It's been told us in EP4. Meaning it is a fact. There's no reason why she shouldn't sense Orion in real life too.

How can she teleport Orion to Eternum? Another one that is not clear yet but we know Orion can go to Eternum without using his visor. He already did that in EP5. Unintentionally, yes. But he can do that. It's the point. Also no one has a doubt of her teleportation skill, right?

How can she heal Orion in Eternum? Like she did that in EP3. She healed not only Orion but also Nova and Alex.

It should be reminded again that this is just a theory. Until someone comes with a better one, this is the best we have got.
The idea of different universes would be nonsense. Not only would the "creator" have found a way to transfer information from one universe to another, which seems completely impossible when you look at the information paradox of black holes. But if you take the theories about Orion's miraculous healing by transferring it to a "magical universe", the "creator" must also have somehow managed to transfer matter from one universe to another and back.
Apart from the fact that if it really was Calypso who "transferred" Orion and healed him with magic, the question of the interface would have to be clarified. How should a "magical being" interact with a "non-magical being"?
How should a "magical being" "eat" its way through protocols, source code and firewalls, a being that probably still believes that in its world the sun revolves around the planet. By Calypso meditating?
What should such a transfer look like that Calypso initiates. Orion is broken down on a quantum level, transferred in the form of source code, i.e. as pure information, and then recreated atom by atom in a world without technology. Because that's what "teleporting" means to me.
I'm not saying that Cari can't write it like that, because it's all just pure fantasy.

Last edited:

Steuan

May 3, 2024
I really hope Calypso gets upgraded from "Other" to full romance option at some point.
She says no man can touch her. But we'll see about that. Eh? Hehe. :devilish:

hehe.jpg

The idea of different universes would be nonsense. Not only would the "creator" have found a way to transfer information from one universe to another, which seems completely impossible when you look at the information paradox of black holes. But if you take the theories about Orion's miraculous healing by transferring it to a "magical universe", the "creator" must also have somehow managed to transfer matter from one universe to another and back.
Apart from the fact that if it really was Calypso who "transferred" Orion and healed him with magic, the question of the interface would have to be clarified. How is a "magical being" supposed to interact with a "non-magical being"?
How is a "magical being" supposed to "eat" its way through protocols, source code and firewalls that probably still believe that in its world the sun revolves around the planet.
What should such a transfer that Calypso initiates look like. Orion is broken down on a quantum level, transferred in the form of source code, i.e. as pure information, and then recreated atom by atom in a world without technology. Because that's what "teleporting" means to me.
I'm not saying that Cari can't write it like that, because it's all just pure fantasy.
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here, brother. Your thoughts about magical being and non-magical being kinda look pre-mature to me. Does it really matter that if it is a sword wound or a gunshot wound? It's just a pile of meat. There is magic in Eternum, yet you're questioning Calypso's magical healing talent? All she has to do creating a portal to teleport Orion to Eternum, heal him there like she did in EP3, and then send him back to the real world through the same portal. Orion has 100% compatibility with Eternum. So he can go to Eternum whenever he wants without using any equipments. He did that a couple of times already. Unintentionally, yes. But he can do this. There is no doubt. Also there is really no need to explain this with quantum psychics. If so, it would be impossible to travel another dimensions right? In real life we know only subatomic particles can do that. Besides this game is a fiction, not a science.

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Apart from the fact that if it really was Calypso who "transferred" Orion and healed him with magic, the question of the interface would have to be clarified. How should a "magical being" interact with a "non-magical being"?
How should a "magical being" "eat" its way through protocols, source code and firewalls, a being that probably still believes that in its world the sun revolves around the planet. By Calypso meditating?
What should such a transfer look like that Calypso initiates. Orion is broken down on a quantum level, transferred in the form of source code, i.e. as pure information, and then recreated atom by atom in a world without technology. Because that's what "teleporting" means to me.
but how do i cumbs

• Haha
Reactions: hzjujk

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020

View attachment 3696923

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here, brother. Your thoughts about magical being and non-magical being kinda look pre-mature to me. Does it really matter that if it is a sword wound or a gunshot wound? It's just a pile of meat. There is magic in Eternum, yet you're questioning Calypso's magical healing talent? All she has to do creating a portal to teleport Orion to Eternum, heal him there like she did in EP3, and then send him back to the real world through the same portal. Orion has 100% compatibility with Eternum. So he can go to Eternum whenever he wants without using any equipments. He did that a couple of times already. Unintentionally, yes. But he can do this. There is no doubt. Also there is really no need to explain this with quantum psychics. If so, it would be impossible to travel another dimensions right? In real life we know only subatomic particles can do that. Besides this game is a fiction, not a science.
Right, it's all pure fantasy. That's why you should stop connecting it to reality.
I mean, Cari can write Orion's healing like that, and I won't stop playing this game because of it, but I won't be able to stop grinning at this nonsense either.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
Maaaybe these dreams have a bigger part to play in the story!?
Didn't orion wake up in a mortuary during one of these dream sequences?
Maybe this is a hint.... Or I am just waaaay over thinking it lol :unsure:

Also the founder gave orion the artifact that means he become immortal in Eternum and it happens to works in the 'real world' as well...

Whatever the outcome i'm hyped for version 8 :giggle:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: rudy007

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Also the founder gave orion the artifact that means he become immortal in Eternum and it happens to works in the 'real world' as well...
Having the founder's doohickey or not doesn't change anything (about the current ending) so far. It could make a difference in the next update.

Reactions: Steuan and rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Maaaybe these dreams have a bigger part to play in the story!?
Didn't orion wake up in a mortuary during one of these dream sequences?
Maybe this is a hint.... Or I am just waaaay over thinking it lol :unsure:

Whatever the outcome i'm hyped for version 8 :giggle:
I think morgue scene was a vision, not dream... And a good starting point for next episode. I was surprised why Caribdis created this scene at all. But it could be reused as start of v0.8...
I didn't take Founder's artifact because walkthrough didn't suggest it , I don't think that Founder's artifact has anything to do with his abilities... He show us various strange abilities before, his 100% compatibility is the cause of his abilities, I think...

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023

View attachment 3696923

About the first part, she does say human explicitly, and I'm nitpicking here because there were theories flying around already that Orion might not be 100% human. So that would result in something like...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for the second part I totally agree. There is a lot of soft world building in Eternum were it isn't really explained what exactly is possible and what not. We also have strong hints at there not really being a creator at all, and the things happening are happening totally within the laws Caribdis made up for Eternum. There is also no sense in trying to go all sciency on the phenomena we have seen so far. The bleeding events alone shift this into supernatural imo. Then again, we also do not know if the realms of Eternum are really different universes or just different places within one universe separated by more than just simple space. Maybe this will become clear in one of the later updates.

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022
Don't you think that the game lacks some long-lasting mundane moments with girls? like holding hands or taking long walks in the park? it seems there are similar moments, but my senile memory remembers as if everything quickly gets down to fuck :)
no dates, no hugs and declarations of love :)
Although Orion seems to be courting girls, but everything looks like a fucking test just to get a chance to get into a girl's panties :)

Apr 8, 2018
Don't you think that the game lacks some long-lasting mundane moments with girls? like holding hands or taking long walks in the park? it seems there are similar moments, but my senile memory remembers as if everything quickly gets down to fuck :)
no dates, no hugs and declarations of love :)
Although Orion seems to be courting girls, but everything looks like a fucking test just to get a chance to get into a girl's panties :)
:cry::cry::cry:
View attachment 8mb.video-6VD-XxCYjL1J.mp4

Jaga Telesin

Apr 19, 2023
All she has to do creating a portal to teleport Orion to Eternum, heal him there like she did in EP3, and then send him back to the real world through the same portal. Orion has 100% compatibility with Eternum. So he can go to Eternum whenever he wants without using any equipments. He did that a couple of times already. Unintentionally, yes. But he can do this. There is no doubt. Also there is really no need to explain this with quantum psychics. If so, it would be impossible to travel another dimensions right? In real life we know only subatomic particles can do that. Besides this game is a fiction, not a science.
Except that it's been inferred (and demonstrated through other people from the "real world") that none of them are actually travelling to other dimensions. It was almost stated at one point that it was astral projection happening. MC's might be slightly different, but he's woken up coming out of Eternum before with someone in the room, so if he HAD disappeared and traveled, they'd be totally freaked out by his sudden re-appearance in the real world. Up until now, he's stayed in the real world while visiting other dimensions.

From that perspective, any healing that happens to his astral projection, would -not- happen to his body in the "real".

It's a bit of a dilemma for the MC at this point, but I see him as either manifesting his power in the real and somehow being able to treat his own wounds, or by someone finding him and healing him. Given that the sneak peek shows more pirate stuff happening, they're likely still on the trail of the treasure, so mundane healing in the real is pretty much out. He'll end up finding a way to overcome his own wounds (or pull Calypso to him in the real), and move on relatively quickly.

That's my .02 on it, based on available info and game lore anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dorfnutter
4.80 star(s) 908 Votes