person161

Jul 31, 2018
so i passed over this initially as i do with almost all first releases but considering their past work i'm going to come back to this sooner or later but what's the approximate play time for this? I'm a bit excited to hop back into their work

Guffyz

Nov 19, 2017
An unusual idea. Apparently the author was inspired by the game "Devil May Cry", "Bayonetta" and "Final Fantasy".

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
ETA for 0.2 and will when there will be dev diaries?
"Based off the past updates for Once in a Lifetime, it'll probably be ready in a couple months. Join the discord and you can see the progress bar get updated about every 7-10 days. The most recent update was 5 days ago and says it's at 6%"
- Me, literally 3 comments above yours

joy.stick

Jul 16, 2021
A good question can be asked though : do you feel your real body when you're in-game ? Is there a safety feature to prevent that situation (be raped or something else) ?
Nope cannot feel your body neither are any safety features

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
Aside from the fact that part of the game takes place in a VR world this game is nothing at all like SAO. Nobody is trapped in the game and aside from the cliffhanger at the end of the first release no one dies in real life if they die in the game. With the "gather all the mcguffins and you get to take over the VR world!" angle it's a LOT more like Ready Player One than SAO (or Log Horizon or any other anime where the characters are trapped in a game) except that RPO was shit and this isn't so far, giving it a significant edge.

Reactions: Jaango

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
There are many tales about being trapped or going into an alternative reality. Looking for the exact piece of media Eternum was based on would be pointless.
For me it seems like a good way for Caribdis to change scenarios. Like Ion server being Cyberpunk and the other one being Fantasy.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes