An known

Sep 16, 2021
I think I've played the game "many times" in repetition. And I think I'm in the midst of memorizing every scene and letters from the game :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.......
But there is "one scene" I will not get tired to repeat again and again...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And it's the first time
I hated a guy named "BROCK":LOL::ROFLMAO:

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
I think I've played the game "many times" in repetition. And I think I'm in the midst of memorizing every scene and letters from the game :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.......
And it's the first time
Omg same, that guy had me shaking of anger the first time I've played the update, it was SO good to be able to punch him. I hated him talking shit more than I hated Axel with Annie at the beginning.

Also I don't know if people talked about it already with all the theories and stuff (I've read it all but would have forgot seeing how much it was to read ><) but that scene raise the question of Orion being able to use his new capabilities out of Eternum, because it does seem like he's doing just that in this scene. If that's the case it certainly gives credits to some theories about the nature of Eternum / the nature of Orion.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Omg same, that guy had me shaking of anger the first time I've played the update, it was SO good to be able to punch him. I hated him talking shit more than I hated Axel with Annie at the beginning.

Also I don't know if people talked about it already with all the theories and stuff (I've read it all but would have forgot seeing how much it was to read ><) but that scene raise the question of Orion being able to use his new capabilities out of Eternum, because it does seem like he's doing just that in this scene. If that's the case it certainly gives credits to some theories about the nature of Eternum / the nature of Orion.
I thought that too. I wish we could have hit him even harder than what happened. Jerk deserved to be "knocked the fuck out." :D

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
And it's the first time
Hahahahahaha amazing meme. Can be used in A LOT of scenes too.
I loved punching him.

He was able to use it a lot of times. First time was when avoiding the ball that Axel kicked it. You used your ultra instinct that time.

Reactions: PervyParadox

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
As for your theory,I feel like you've stumbled upon another source of inspiration/material for the story itself, the other one being Homer's "Odyssey" (as well as other snippets snatched here and there from the Greek myths).
Brilliant... glad you came up with that after i precisely spelled out the theory. :ROFLMAO: Man, people these days. So pathetic.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Brilliant... glad you came up with that after i precisely spelled out the theory. :ROFLMAO: Man, people these days. So pathetic.
The fuck? Read my entire response, dude. What I only said and meant is that while the references are there, what happens in the myth doesn't necessarily mean it has to play out in the same way. This is a VN with multiple paths after all, so Orion might get a kinder fate than his myth counterpart (unless the endings for this game are like Saya no Uta where every ending is just a variation of bad or worse).

Last edited:

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
He was able to use it a lot of times. First time was when avoiding the ball that Axel kicked it. You used your ultra instinct that time.
True. Guess the punch is more impactful because it's more satisfying and less passive with the timer thingy. Though I don't know about "a lot of times", outside Eternum at least. Seems like there's only these two specific times (but I could be wrong, my memory is not the best), though it's enough to be noted.

Reactions: Rovenant

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Does Nova have a very present role in the game? I have a strong personal distaste for the over-used medical eyepatch girl trope from anime and i'm hoping she doesn't spend much time on screen.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Better find another game then.
Really? Ugh, i don't hate all eyepatches, just the flimsy medical ones that have cords going all over the face, pirate ones are great, even kind that hook around the ears like glasses can look pretty good if made from the right materials but the medical ones are such an over used trope and they're so ugly, and very impractical for long term use, anyone with a genuine need to wear an eyepatch for more than a few weeks would want to invest in one that looks far less ridiculous and is far more comfortable.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Luna's Father (Mr. Hernandez) could be keeping a big secret?
I don't think Mr. Hernandez has anything to hide. He just seems normal, but I did notice similar things to you, mostly that most of the story so far gets there because of Luna.
Luna is the one that gets you the implant in the first place. She's giving out flyers, supposedly to promote her dads business. But the flyer is written in eternum's language, which she admits barely anyone even knows, even among eternum players. So what would be the point of writing the flyer in that language, the ones genuily interested to win an implant would never really speak the language. So the flyer seems more like an excuse to tell Orion about the competition so he can win an implant.
His first big breakthrough is finding the gem of doom in the red herring server, which Luna brought us to. Luna also introduced us to Nova, a super-hacker who also happens to be a highly skilled eternum player with a weapon of atlas. Nova, who just happens to find a lead on the third weapon of atlas right after so we can find it.
None of the main story, not Calypso, not the heist, not the dinner, would be happening without Luna subtly pushing Orion in that direction.
I don't think she will turn out to be evil or something like that. I am pretty convinced that she is working with the Syndicate. After everything she is also the one who recommends us that we follow what the syndicate said in regards to the letter.
But so far the Syndicate only helped us. So either they will not turn out to be evil, or if they do then luna will not have been in the know about it.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Ok i wanted to play this game once fully out but my patience has run out

I don't like to play episodic games while they are not finished, not even anime until it's all emitted. But after Life is Strange, and some VN here (like this one) I just wasn't able to wait at all hahaha.

The fuck? Read my entire response, dude. What I only said and meant is that while the references are there, what happens in the myth doesn't necessarily mean it has to play out in the same way. This is a VN with multiple paths after all, so Orion might get a kinder fate than his myth counterpart (unless the endings for this game are like Saya no Uta where every ending is just a variation of bad or worse).
I think our own mythology is "fake" or inspired in the real one (Eternum) at least based on what we learn about Alien. So it helps as a guide but yeah, there isn't a lot of sense in expecting the same as the myth.

What do you think? Some strange creatures traveled to our world in the past (like elven races, monsters, etc) but for some reason that connection was lost on the past and our dark ages mythology (for example) is 'real'? Or it was just fictional inspiration based on Eternum experiences (the worlds, not the game).

It reminds me a lot of Dragon Age. Were mages can travel to a dream plane consciously, while others have only flashes.

Does Nova have a very present role in the game? I have a strong personal distaste for the over-used medical eyepatch girl trope from anime and i'm hoping she doesn't spend much time on screen.
It's a cliché used in an innovative way. The character has an interesting personality, and grows when facing new experiences. So even if it's used to make a physical distinction (like other hairstyles or clothing styles) it's used in a positive way that it's really enjoyable. Nova is a character that we love because of how she is, si there is a lot more than the eye patch to define her.

Give her a chance.

Reactions: AnonW123

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I think our own mythology is "fake" or inspired in the real one (Eternum) at least based on what we learn about Alien. So it helps as a guide but yeah, there isn't a lot of sense in expecting the same as the myth.

What do you think? Some strange creatures traveled to our world in the past (like elven races, monsters, etc) but for some reason that connection was lost on the past and our dark ages mythology (for example) is 'real'? Or it was just fictional inspiration based on Eternum experiences (the worlds, not the game).
I'm leaning on the latter if only to maintain the idea that Eternum is possibly older than the Earth itself, and that the neural implant is just the latest way humanity can travel to it.

I wouldn't rule out the former though, if only because Astaroth from OIAL exists, and it's highly possible that he came from Eternum a long time ago (albeit without a physical body iirc). I also theorized earlier that The Founder might have come from there and is trying to find a way to physically get back to his world (like Ulysses from the Greek myths...hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if that's his actual name, and that he named the company after himself). But after the events of the party in 0.4...I dunno, that last theory is likely gonna get debunked if it turns out that the Founder only exists in Eternum and not in the real world/material plane.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So the game is currently on update 4, as a measure of my progress i'm wondering if someone can give me a sort of measuring stick, i don't give a hoot about being spoiled or anything but what is the end point for each update? I just got done with the project at Alex's house, am i even past 0.1?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
So the game is currently on update 4, as a measure of my progress i'm wondering if someone can give me a sort of measuring stick, i don't give a hoot about being spoiled or anything but what is the end point for each update? I just got done with the project at Alex's house, am i even past 0.1?
Should be around 0.2, if I remember right.

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
Mid/late 0.2.

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes