seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
My brother's in Eternum, it's the wee hours of the AM and I just went down a damn rabbit hole after having a stray thought about Eternum a few hours ago. Please send help.

I said I wouldn't do this until 0.6 but I lied. I'm still working on my theory for Eternum but i'd like to present a few of the major topics of it.

• Has anyone noticed Orion's mother has never been mentioned, not even once?
  • When Luna's power of divination were revealed as not working on Orion, yet seemingly everyone else, did anyone noticed how she described touching him? "It's like touching a table or... a coffee mug."
  • What are the deeper implications of Luna's divination working on everyone else BUT Orion? Why is everyone else's fate seemingly predetermined yet his is not? How could this possibly come to be?
  • Did you guys remember what Idriel said to Orion in closing before she sent him off when he first connected to Eternum? "This time... it will be the right one" This time?
  • Did anyone notice the Star of David on the Syndicate member that appears to Orion before the Haunted House mission?
  • During the heist planning, has anyone noticed that the symbol on the letter the Syndicate child gives Orion bears the Ouroboros as infinity? Keep in mind the Founder has an Ouroboros tattoo as a circle and what this difference represents.
  • Potentially a stretch, but consider the Syndicate member's Star of David. What is the main goal of the narrative? Collecting 10 gems to access the Temple of Acheron and claim the throne of Eternum. Going back to the Star of David, the Kabbalah has the concept of the Sefirot, ten emanations which God uses to interact with the world and is associated with the Tree of Life, divine creation, and spiritual enlightenment. Kabbalistic thought presents that God's true essence can only be perceived through the Sefirot.
  • Souls and concepts related to them are presented time and again. In the mansion event you stand in front of the statue of Psyche, Greek Goddess of the Soul. To reach the throne of Eternum you must proceed through the Temple of Acheron, Acheron being associated with the River of Woe the ferryman Charon shepherds souls over to reach the Underworld. The constantly reoccurring symbolism could possibly infer that the throne of Eternum would confer some power over souls or divine power through spiritual enlightenment.
  • Why are there so many Greek and Jewish concepts concerning souls, divinity, and the physical and spiritual planes?

Imma stop it there but I have many more.

To leave y'all with something, i'll give a few hot takes im confident of.

Idriel represents some concept of Psyche, specifically noted as overseeing all npcs with we the audience knowing what the NPCs are. I believe Idriel is both working with and against the Founder by proxy through the Syndicate. The Founder wants Orion to collect the gems so the Founder can do... something. Achieve divinity? Regardless, he's the primary antagonist. Idriel and the Syndicate want Orion to collect the gems to do exactly what Idriel told him to do, "Break the chains" and free the souls enslaved in their never-ending purgatory of Eternum.

And for my habanero take, I don't think Orion is naturally born. 100% compatibility, vague parentage, unknown power with an undead visage, decaying fingernails, and seemingly the only person in the setting whose future cannot be divined. Either he died at some point after leaving Kredon (not sure of this due to Annie and Chang's relationship w/ him) or he was initially conceived in whatever reality/dimension/spiritual plane Eternum resides in. This would explain why Orion's fate cannot be divined, he either exists outside of the natural order or was intentionally conceived to be so.

Taking my ass to bed and truly waiting for 0.6 to follow up on these

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Has anyone noticed Orion's mother has never been mentioned, not even once?
She was tho? It's the typical "left as soon as main character was born" spiel tho, and not much else...

screenshot0002.png

Althooouuugghhh...I kinda have a crackpot theory regarding that...

• Potentially a stretch, but consider the Syndicate member's Star of David. What is the main goal of the narrative? Collecting 10 gems to access the Temple of Acheron and claim the throne of Eternum. Going back to the Star of David, the Kabbalah has the concept of the Sefirot, ten emanations which God uses to interact with the world and is associated with the Tree of Life, divine creation, and spiritual enlightenment. Kabbalistic thought presents that God's true essence can only be perceived through the Sefirot.
Actually I've harped on that shit for a while now (lol). Even made a crackpot theory out of it.

(Also shout-out to OsirianObsidian pointing that out as well)

• When Luna's power of divination were revealed as not working on Orion, yet seemingly everyone else, did anyone noticed how she described touching him? "It's like touching a table or... a coffee mug."
  • What are the deeper implications of Luna's divination working on everyone else BUT Orion? Why is everyone else's fate seemingly predetermined yet his is not? How could this possibly come to be?
  • Did you guys remember what Idriel said to Orion in closing before she sent him off when he first connected to Eternum? "This time... it will be the right one" This time?
Aaaand another crackpot theory in connection to that (as well as the Gems of Doom being Caribdis' take on the Sefirot).

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
She was tho? It's the typical "left as soon as main character was born" spiel tho, and not much else...

View attachment 2793273
That line can be interpreted in all number of ways. Is it code for "died"? What mother actually leaves a newborn? Or was that just the line the MC was fed as a kid?

By now we can be pretty sure that there is "something" up with the MC and that he probably isn't fully "normal" at some level.

Reactions: GamerDaddy

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
My brother's in Eternum, it's the wee hours of the AM and I just went down a damn rabbit hole after having a stray thought about Eternum a few hours ago. Please send help.

I said I wouldn't do this until 0.6 but I lied. I'm still working on my theory for Eternum but i'd like to present a few of the major topics of it.

• Has anyone noticed Orion's mother has never been mentioned, not even once?
  • Did anyone notice the Star of David on the Syndicate member that appears to Orion before the Haunted House mission?
  • During the heist planning, has anyone noticed that the symbol on the letter the Syndicate child gives Orion bears the Ouroboros as infinity? Keep in mind the Founder has an Ouroboros tattoo as a circle and what this difference represents.
  • Souls and concepts related to them are presented time and again. In the mansion event you stand in front of the statue of Psyche, Greek Goddess of the Soul. To reach the throne of Eternum you must proceed through the Temple of Acheron, Acheron being associated with the River of Woe the ferryman Charon shepherds souls over to reach the Underworld. The constantly reoccurring symbolism could possibly infer that the throne of Eternum would confer some power over souls or divine power through spiritual enlightenment.
  • Why are there so many Greek and Jewish concepts concerning souls, divinity, and the physical and spiritual planes?

Imma stop it there but I have many more.

To leave y'all with something, i'll give a few hot takes im confident of.

Idriel represents some concept of Psyche, specifically noted as overseeing all npcs with we the audience knowing what the NPCs are. I believe Idriel is both working with and against the Founder by proxy through the Syndicate. The Founder wants Orion to collect the gems so the Founder can do... something. Achieve divinity? Regardless, he's the primary antagonist. Idriel and the Syndicate want Orion to collect the gems to do exactly what Idriel told him to do, "Break the chains" and free the souls enslaved in their never-ending purgatory of Eternum.

And for my habanero take, I don't think Orion is naturally born. 100% compatibility, vague parentage, unknown power with an undead visage, decaying fingernails, and seemingly the only person in the setting whose future cannot be divined. Either he died at some point after leaving Kredon (not sure of this due to Annie and Chang's relationship w/ him) or he was initially conceived in whatever reality/dimension/spiritual plane Eternum resides in. This would explain why Orion's fate cannot be divined, he either exists outside of the natural order or was intentionally conceived to be so.

Taking my ass to bed and truly waiting for 0.6 to follow up on these
i have similar thought on Orion cept i think he is related to that undead chick that asks will you help us

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
That line can be interpreted in all number of ways. Is it code for "died"? What mother actually leaves a newborn? Or was that just the line the MC was fed as a kid?

By now we can be pretty sure that there is "something" up with the MC and that he probably isn't fully "normal" at some level.
Already presented a possible theory on that post you quoted as to why someone like her could leave a newborn in context to what we can extrapolate from the plot so far. But again, either we'll find out for sure if she (or even Orion's dad) has any sort of plot importance in a later update, or it's never addressed fully the same way the convenient absence of Midoriya's father in MHA is never brought up or called out even until now (I think).

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
And for my habanero take, I don't think Orion is naturally born.
This is what I think too or at least I believe his genes has been modified somehow (some flashback seems to indicate a surgery?)
In any case it won't be the first time Caribdis's MC is born with some supernatural effects (OIALT's MC has received a fragment of Astaroth when he was born)

For Luna divinations power, call me crazy but have we seen her touch someone other than Orion even in Eternum? I know she doesn't have her gloves in the "game" so basically her powers shouldn't work but did we get visual confirmation that her powers doesn't work inside Eternum? If not I would to see her touch an "NPC" or even any other member of the gang (Annie,Alex,etc) to confirm it.

Annieway, the lack of information on Orion's parents is very suspicious too, I mean, a detailled game like Eternum and we have like what 3 lines about them ?(especially when in Caribdis's first game family was one of the most important points). I don't buy it personally

For the "NPC" in Eternum, I have some flashback of Nier Automata in some points, on the fact that some of the "NPC" have developed a kind of awareness on their own?(some wants the help of Orion, I know some "NPC" are real people, as we saw with Benjamin in 0.4 but they should act in a determined way and not be calling for help right?)

Reactions: vsvsx92

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
but did we get visual confirmation that her powers doesn't work inside Eternum? If not I would to see her touch an "NPC" or even any other member of the gang (Annie,Alex,etc) to confirm it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ellyx

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes and thanks to these two sentences we have the confirmation that she tried to touch an "NPC"(or not) but what if it doesn't work on "NPC" and Orion (because they already died once? :unsure:)and not because she is on the game ? That's why I would like her to test her power in the "game" on a person it works on in real life.

Alright boys this is it, if all goes to plan we'll be playing 0.6 by the end of the week!!
Just hoping all goes well with Caribdis.
Me at the end of the week :
patrick.jpg
Also:
1690114623677.png

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Us broke people will have to wait till late August/September :cry:
OR, you could just wait until one of those paying for the highest patreon tier hoist their true colors and leak their copy on the day of release, just as someone did back in 0.4 and 0.5 release day...

tumblr_d36ad16b00d306c23e30f4c9d6aba9a1_dc2bfcfb_1280.gif

(unless either that doesn't happen or you don't want to go through the bugs that come with the Demon Lord Beta release, in which case yeah...you'll just have to wait)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
OR, you could just wait until one of those paying for the highest patreon tier hoist their true colors and leak their copy on the day of release, just as someone did back in 0.4 and 0.5 release day...

View attachment 2793604

(unless either that doesn't happen or you don't want to go through the bugs that come with the Demon Lord Beta release, in which case yeah...you'll just have to wait)
Last version came really quickly. Like a teenager... ;)
When it come here, quickly download and run away or most things will be spoiled. Because my time isn't great this time of year, and I have few other games to play. And, of course, I will play it from beginning, I will come back in over a month when I finish it.

Last edited:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Except I wasn't the first one who made the Pleiades connection (that would be Tokenugget (who was the first who brought it up, I believe), Dylan741, ArDZer and other folks in this thread I may have forgotten to cite), and all I did was appropriate (or steal, if that's your point of view lol) said theory into my conspiracy board (considering their connection to the mythological Orion). Also, that doesn't necessarily eliminate the Pleiades similarities (which there are, if we go by what Dylan741 said in his post that you quoted), and we can just consider Calypso to be someone from the myths that was added in the harem pool before her retraction - likely due to cutting back from the game's already bloated scope and the implications said addition will definitely bring to the current debate on the true nature of Eternum.
There's one thing I don't understand in the tone of the post you answered, precisely the "you're reading to deep into it" thing.
As a passionate of history I and others noticed two facts:
1 That the girls were 7 like the Pleiades loved by the mythical Orion;
2 AND plus that Calypso was, with the Pleiades, Mera, Dione ( it says something that?) and Iantes ( or Hyas it says something this, again?) all Atlas's children.
Nothing more nothing less, it doesn't add ANYTHING to the story (UNLESS Caribdis wanted something more from that, and I can't speak for him), it's just a mere connection between the characters that are present in the game and the Mythical/Historical characters made from an history fan like me.
IF there will be more behind this, it will be because Caribdis DECIDED it, not certainly because I and other noticed that, so I don't know why he said something like that to you, man.
I'm sorry that you have to answer to a post of this tone, to me it was just a cool use of the names, also I would add that it naturally gives you fuel for thoughts and speculations, but it is just pure fun for you, me and others to speculate about Caribdis intentions, this doesn't mean there's a truth behind it or that we guessed Caribdis thoughts beforehand ( it would be cool if something was true, but at the level of being happy to be able to guess some of Caribdis plans, nothing more). :)

Last edited:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I'm not sure if it's your non-native English coming through (should be spelled "feel"), or if it was intentional (i.e. you got knocked in the head by a pan, and then you "fell"), but I'm going assume it was intentional, because that makes it funnier! :ROFLMAO:

---

Not much, considering I'm not as deep into the lore as Dorfnutter. I was just trying to say if the replaying for the retcons/continuity fixes are/become a chore, WinMerge (or other similar tools) could be used as a tool to quickly identify if anything actually *has* changed in the previous chapters.
Maybe it was a "slip of the tongue"....:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Jokes apart it was unintentional, I simply wrote it wrong, thanks man I didn't really notice ( even though I read twice before posting an error is always possible). :giggle::giggle:

Reactions: misterandy33
4.80 star(s) 910 Votes