Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
There's one thing I don't understand in the tone of the post you answered, precisely the "you're reading to deep into it" thing.
As a passionate of history I and others noticed two facts:
1 That the girls were 7 like the Pleiades loved by the mythical Orion;
2 AND plus that Calypso was, with the Pleiades, Mera, Dione ( it says something that?) and Iantes ( or Hyas it says something this, again?) all Atlas's children.
Nothing more nothing less, it doesn't add ANYTHING to the story (UNLESS Caribdis wanted something more from that, and I can't speak for him), it's just a mere connection between the characters that are present in the game and the Mythical/Historical characters made from an history fan like me.
IF there will be more behind this, it will be because Caribdis DECIDED it, not certainly because I and other noticed that, so I don't know why he said something like that to you, man.
I'm sorry that you have to answer to a post of this tone, to me it was just a cool use of the names, also I would add that it naturally gives you fuel for thoughts and speculations, but it is just pure fun for you, me and others to speculate about Caribdis intentions, this doesn't mean there's a truth behind it or that we guessed Caribdis thoughts beforehand ( it would be cool if something was true, but at the level of being happy to be able to guess some of Caribdis plans, nothing more). :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And while at the end of the day it could be just cool references and all (I mean, much as I say that Orion's name bears some weight, the entire plot likely won't end in the same way as the mythological Orion did...or the Odyssey, for that matter), I'm not entirely convinced that Cari isn't influenced by some parts of said myths/religious references (like in the case of the gems and (possibly) the Sefirot). But I dunno, only time will tell if there's some weight to that notion.

I'm sorry that you have to answer to a post of this tone, to me it was just a cool use of the names, also I would add that it naturally gives you fuel for thoughts and speculations, but it is just pure fun for you, me and others to speculate about Caribdis intentions, this doesn't mean there's a truth behind it or that we guessed Caribdis thoughts beforehand ( it would be cool if something was true, but at the level of being happy to be able to guess some of Caribdis plans, nothing more). :)
Eh, it's cool. This isn't the first time someone told me that I'm overthinking shit, and it won't be the last.

So...the cliffhanger is that there is no cliffhanger?! :WeSmart:
/Flash forward a few weeks from now after the Public Release of 0.6

Cari: See? It didn't end in a cliffhanger! Orion really fell off the cliff and into his doom at the end of the update! So it's not really a 'cliffhanger'! Get it? Haha, haha, I am so smart, haha...

Everyone:

tX8UmP.gif

(I'm just kidding Cari please don't murder me in my sleep lol)

Last edited:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And while at the end of the day it could be just cool references and all (I mean, much as I say that Orion's name bears some weight, the entire plot likely won't end in the same way as the mythological Orion did...or the Odyssey, for that matter), I'm not entirely convinced that Cari isn't influenced by some parts of said myths/religious references (like in the case of the gems and (possibly) the Sefirot). But I dunno, only time will tell if there's some weight to that notion.

Eh, it's cool. This isn't the first time someone told me that I'm overthinking shit, and it won't be the last.

/Flash forward a few weeks from now after the Public Release of 0.6

Cari: See? It didn't end in a cliffhanger! Orion really fell off the cliff and into his doom at the end of the update! So it's not really a 'cliffhanger'! Get it? Haha, haha, I am so smart, haha...

Everyone:

View attachment 2793810

(I'm just kidding Cari please don't murder me in my sleep lol)
Sorry, the end of your post was too funny.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jokes apart I agree 100% with you, Caribdis already showed he's a master of taking parts of different myths and merge them together to serve as a talking point to his stories.
So if he decided to use the old myth of Orion etc etc... plus others, and mix together in it's own unique style to create the game it's something cool and we love him for this, if not we wouldn't be here writing text of walls sharing theories and ideas about it.:sneaky::giggle:
And yes, we will see at the end if he only choose to use these as a references just because they were interesting or for something more, in the meantime it is fun to speculate and share ideas and theories, I personally adore to do this, it's a great way to pass time in between the updates also.:giggle::giggle:
And to keep in check the Eternum's withdrawal syndrome....
anime-grabby.gif

P.S. I still need to share my thoughts about my personal theory about the Founder with you.
I'm sorry I'm so slow but I started a new job that's taking me a lot of hours of time a day, and I'm not that active as before.
Of course I'm happy I'm working again ( I'm not whining about it, far from that..), but it's a very tiring job, so I don't have all the time I had before, but I will try to write down my idea and let you know, so you will give me your opinion, because I appreciate it a lot.:)

Last edited:

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
I think anyone should be able to make theories like they want to, there are no "overthinking this or that", this is what makes games, series,etc.. so interesting in my opinion, the ability to develop theories is the foundation of many communities and personaly this is what I like about this thread (well this and the jokes ofc :Kappa:). There is so different thread in this forum and I think this is one of the most enjoyable for this reason. (and the debate about the best girl, which is ofc the most heated one and one that will never end ;))
At the end of the day, even if some theories might sound crazy or overthinked, I think there's nothing nicer than playing a game or watching a series/movie and thinking "cool I was right about that" or "why didn't I think of that sooner"
So keep sharing your opinion/theories (y) (and everyone should do the same)

Jan 21, 2023
There's one thing I don't understand in the tone of the post you answered, precisely the "you're reading to deep into it" thing.
As a passionate of history I and others noticed two facts:
1 That the girls were 7 like the Pleiades loved by the mythical Orion;
2 AND plus that Calypso was, with the Pleiades, Mera, Dione ( it says something that?) and Iantes ( or Hyas it says something this, again?) all Atlas's children.
Nothing more nothing less, it doesn't add ANYTHING to the story (UNLESS Caribdis wanted something more from that, and I can't speak for him), it's just a mere connection between the characters that are present in the game and the Mythical/Historical characters made from an history fan like me.
IF there will be more behind this, it will be because Caribdis DECIDED it, not certainly because I and other noticed that, so I don't know why he said something like that to you, man.
The reason I made that post was precisely because it was a good observation and a plausible theory. If the 7 LIs are indeed the Pleiades, it is more likely that the story has something to do with the mythological Orion and you can use that information to theorize where things will go in the future.

Because I liked that theory, I decided to search through some of Caribdis's posts to see if this was planned from the start and I found comments on itch.io and on his discord server where he said there were originally supposed to be 9 LIs then he changed it it 8 and then finally 7. Because people here are so invested in theorizing I wanted to share what I found - based on caribdis's original plans and posts from long ago, I thought that this was more likely to be a coincidence and the number of LIs were reduced for practical reasons rather than story reasons and this line of thinking could possibly be overthinking it a bit. Not sure why you are so offended by it.

I like reading the theories here as much as anyone else and if I find something that can help people refine their theories I prefer to share it. It is possible that it is not a coincidence and the LIs are indeed the Pleiades but I think it is useful for people making theories to be aware of Caribdis's old posts regardless.

misterandy33

Jun 27, 2022
What's under her right shin? AI keeps adding extra limbs - why not extra boobs??
Yeah... There are several issues with that particular pose/photo, but I liked this one the most due to her unintended facial expression. I'll keep working on that one to see if I can get it cleaned up more. I suppose I could photoshop some of the issues away, but that's for another time.

Hands, feet, ears, legs and sometimes arms seem to be really hard for AI to get right,

Last edited:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
The reason I made that post was precisely because it was a good observation and a plausible theory. If the 7 LIs are indeed the Pleiades, it is more likely that the story has something to do with the mythological Orion and you can use that information to theorize where things will go in the future.

Because I liked that theory, I decided to search through some of Caribdis's posts to see if this was planned from the start and I found comments on itch.io and on his discord server where he said there were originally supposed to be 9 LIs then he changed it it 8 and then finally 7. Because people here are so invested in theorizing I wanted to share what I found - based on caribdis's original plans and posts from long ago, I thought that this was more likely to be a coincidence and the number of LIs were reduced for practical reasons rather than story reasons and this line of thinking could possibly be overthinking it a bit. Not sure why you are so offended by it.

I like reading the theories here as much as anyone else and if I find something that can help people refine their theories I prefer to share it. It is possible that it is not a coincidence and the LIs are indeed the Pleiades but I think it is useful for people making theories to be aware of Caribdis's old posts regardless.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and clearing my misunderstanding, because your previous post sounded a bit dismissive in regards of what we were talking, and considering how many thoughtful and well crafted theories Dorfnutter shared here with us I felt a little disheartened, so I apologise to you if I sounded rude and I'm glad to know you appreciated that theory instead and shared all that infos.
My point of view about the theory of the let's call them the "big seven" + Calypso is that like in OIAL Caribdis is perfectly balancing the suspension of disbelief about them and Orion being the characters of the greek myths or simply sharing their names because they are cool names to use.
He's very good in dancing "around" the truth without giving you the last detail to confirm one theory or the other, and this is one of the thing I love the most about his style.
He knows perfectly how to play the game, and to put a lot of references to myths and legends not only from history but religions or from fantasy works ( I include in fantasy everything, so Sci-Fi, Fantasy and other works from literature, movies, comics etc etc), under this point of view he's the most similar to the japanese authors that are masters at handling these themes in their works.
Just to make another "simple" example the scene in Ion with Eva was a sign on how much he knows how to play with these aspects, how she was introduced as the "first" woman, her telling him to savour the forbidden fruit, to the detail of her looks ( the pendant, the veil, the red dress all details that played about the myth of Eva).
Even from there you can see how much thoughts, creativity and obsessive care he put in this game, rarely I've seen such a level of layering before in a western game at least.
It is always possible that something that was intended as a simple play of words and names became something more as soon as the theories started going on; and then he started to use it more heavily ( in this regards the obsession of Orion for the crossbows could be another example, another one is the fact that there's a correspondence between the name of the girls and the codenames they used in the Garrington's heist).
Some may be nothing more than a simple "it's a cool thing to show, I will use it" like it happened with Maat in the egyptian server, other may be more deep like the Pleiades theory + Calypso but there's no certainty ( for now), so we need to wait and see.
Anyway I will end my wall of text for now, I bored you enough I think, thanks again for your post and again sorry for being rude towards you, I hope we could talk more about our opinions and theories and share them here.
There's still a lot of things to discover and I think the next update will increase the number of ideas and theories on where the story is leading and I can't wait to play it.
:)

Jan 21, 2023
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and clearing my misunderstanding, because your previous post sounded a bit dismissive in regards of what we were talking, and considering how many thoughtful and well crafted theories Dorfnutter shared here with us I felt a little disheartened, so I apologise to you if I sounded rude and I'm glad to know you appreciated that theory instead and shared all that infos.
My apologies if it sounded dismissive because that was certainly not the intention. Yes I like his theories too and I think it is likely that at least some parts of the theory he shared here: https://f95zone.to/threads/eternum-v0-5-public-caribdis.93340/post-11154347 might turn out to be true in the final game.

Last edited:

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Yeah... There are several issues with that particular pose/photo, but I liked this one the most due to her unintended facial expression. I'll keep working on that one to see if I can get it cleaned up more. I suppose I could photoshop some of the issues away, but that's for another time.

Hands, feet, ears, legs and sometimes arms seem to be really hard for AI to get right,
Yes especially hands, we often see AI art with 6 fingers :KEK:

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes