4.30 star(s) 12 Votes

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The game doesn't explain the stats. That's the most annoying thing. I still don't know if attack stat is related to magic damage or only melee attacks. I don't know if accuracy is only for guns or if it affects melee attacks as well. If it affects melee attacks, wearing heavy guns seems stupid on someone like the army dude.

I basically just equipped a 2 socket handgun on everyone with 2 foregrips. It adds 10 agi each, so you can move faster. I never use guns except on the sword dude. Mana is actually pretty damn good. She can spam magic reflect on bosses that use magic, and has magic defense debuff. There is no fucking icon for magic defense debuff, but it does work in increasing magic damage. This makes me wonder if attack stat actually doesn't affect magic at all and I'm wearing rings for no reason on Ren and the healer lol.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
The game doesn't explain the stats. That's the most annoying thing.
That's... a pretty common thing in Asian RPGs, not explaining stats I mean. Or at best, explaining them poorly. Evening Starter still does more than plenty others I've seen.

That said, I don't think either gun-attack or normal attack have any impact on spell damage. At least as far as I can tell. I was too lazy to experiment with it, but it can be done if you use Ren's attack buff spells. Just find something, hit it with a spell a few times to get a feel for the numbers. Then find that something again, and use the same spell after applying the attack buff.

What DOES affect spell damage is the runes you put in clothing. They all have a buff to one element or another, and you can use those to buff spells in addition to grabbing some resistances.

I also think that there's some sort of level scaling to the spells. But again, not sure, it's difficult to test.

Either way, the main factors for spell damage are definitely runes, and the passive related for that magic for that character.

Also, interesting points about Mana. However, considering that Ren has her own debuff skills, and that Mana is painfully squishy even at high levels, and always inevitably under-leveled compared to the rest of the case because you get her last... she'll never look like a top-tier choice to me. Not when nun-girl's healing and buffs make her a must have more often than not. A party of Ren/Mana/Nun-girl seems like a pain to manage.... at least until everyone is over level 35 or something.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
That's... a pretty common thing in Asian RPGs, not explaining stats I mean. Or at best, explaining them poorly. Evening Starter still does more than plenty others I've seen.

That said, I don't think either gun-attack or normal attack have any impact on spell damage. At least as far as I can tell. I was too lazy to experiment with it, but it can be done if you use Ren's attack buff spells. Just find something, hit it with a spell a few times to get a feel for the numbers. Then find that something again, and use the same spell after applying the attack buff.

What DOES affect spell damage is the runes you put in clothing. They all have a buff to one element or another, and you can use those to buff spells in addition to grabbing some resistances.

I also think that there's some sort of level scaling to the spells. But again, not sure, it's difficult to test.

Either way, the main factors for spell damage are definitely runes, and the passive related for that magic for that character.

Also, interesting points about Mana. However, considering that Ren has her own debuff skills, and that Mana is painfully squishy even at high levels, and always inevitably under-leveled compared to the rest of the case because you get her last... she'll never look like a top-tier choice to me. Not when nun-girl's healing and buffs make her a must have more often than not. A party of Ren/Mana/Nun-girl seems like a pain to manage.... at least until everyone is over level 35 or something.
Ren + nun is a mainstay for any situation. The third slot is interchangeable. I'd say Mana out performs the other 2 in most cases, but she sure is squishy. Ren's debuffs seems to be aimed at guns and melee, although I couldn't tell conclusively. It doesn't make a significant impact on spell dmg though. Mana has the magical debuffs (which doesn't show an icon on the enemy. A 2k damage spell goes up to 3.5k with the magic debuff. That's pretty significant.

I'm still on my first run, so you obviously got much farther than me, but you should experiment with Mana if you ever feel like playing it again heh.

Actually, I think I know what's going on. Mana's debuffs are aimed at resistances. Physical or magical resistances and not the defense stat. Whatever it's doing, it improves damage much more than the regular debuffs, and it probably stacks with it too.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Fuck, how the hell do we get underground BD. This dungeon has no floors and the executioners don't spawn for shit, and I still got 0 drops from 10 kills.

Reactions: michika

Volensheit

May 25, 2017
Reads through the discussions

Wow, I guess I made stuff harder on myself by not picking the TP regen right away and not figuring out the map button. Finished it twice even

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Well, I took my time on it over multiple sessions. Finished the first run. Is there actually any reason to do a NG+? Does it expand on the story or lead to different outcomes?

tarnhelm113

Aug 11, 2017
Well, I took my time on it over multiple sessions. Finished the first run. Is there actually any reason to do a NG+? Does it expand on the story or lead to different outcomes?
The game has a few different endings, depending on if you got rid of your debt or not, and how slutty you were. If I remember right there's three normal endings;
Cleared your debt AND stayed a virgin, good ending, Ren is happy.
Cleared you debt while not staying a virgin, Ren is mostly happy, especially since Mikan has all her videos deleted.
Didn't clear the debt, Ren has to keep fucking to pay it off.

Then two bad endings, where Ren is so physically and emotionally damaged by her adventure she isn't able to fight or even use her magic anymore, and ends up giving into pleasure.
In the first she ends up becoming the mistress of one of her rich customers because it's the only way for her to get out of her debt since she can't adventure anymore.
In the second she ends up completely giving up on life and just lets herself get turned into a complete cumdump, getting fucked by random guys day in and day out because it's the only thing that makes her feel even vaguely happy anymore.

So the NG+ is mostly just to make it easier for you to speed through the game and see those other endings since you can keep a good chunk of your stuff. Other than that there's no difference in the story, with the exception of the very first scene of NG+. The whole shoggoth in the warehouse sequence that kicks the story off is different, since Ren starts remembering that this has happened to her before, and slowly realizes that time's repeating itself. So at the very least you should start a NG+ and watch that first scene, it's up to you though if you want to actually bother continuing past that.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The game has a few different endings, depending on if you got rid of your debt or not, and how slutty you were. If I remember right there's three normal endings;
Cleared your debt AND stayed a virgin, good ending, Ren is happy.
Cleared you debt while not staying a virgin, Ren is mostly happy, especially since Mikan has all her videos deleted.
Didn't clear the debt, Ren has to keep fucking to pay it off.

Then two bad endings, where Ren is so physically and emotionally damaged by her adventure she isn't able to fight or even use her magic anymore, and ends up giving into pleasure.
In the first she ends up becoming the mistress of one of her rich customers because it's the only way for her to get out of her debt since she can't adventure anymore.
In the second she ends up completely giving up on life and just lets herself get turned into a complete cumdump, getting fucked by random guys day in and day out because it's the only thing that makes her feel even vaguely happy anymore.

So the NG+ is mostly just to make it easier for you to speed through the game and see those other endings since you can keep a good chunk of your stuff. Other than that there's no difference in the story, with the exception of the very first scene of NG+. The whole shoggoth in the warehouse sequence that kicks the story off is different, since Ren starts remembering that this has happened to her before, and slowly realizes that time's repeating itself. So at the very least you should start a NG+ and watch that first scene, it's up to you though if you want to actually bother continuing past that.
Thanks for the info on the endings. To be honest though, the ending that I saw was kind of dogshit lol. It was like 2 sentences and a CG (for the cumdump ending).

Deathwings

Aug 20, 2017
Fuck, how the hell do we get underground BD. This dungeon has no floors and the executioners don't spawn for shit, and I still got 0 drops from 10 kills.
If you were to read past pages, you'd see I had the same problem. And yeah, Underground BD are the absolute WORST item to farm. There's something like two spots that reliably spawn the needed enemy, the drop rate is terrible and the only way to try again if you've already fought both is to exit the dungeon and come back again.

Volensheit

May 25, 2017
So far I've finished 2 ending, the non-paid debt ending and the virgin ending. Do all the other endings require me to finish the final boss as well?

EDIT:
Nevermind, answered my own question on that one. I've gotten four of the endings now, the only missing one I have is the mistress ending, which I'm kinda sure comes from prostitution. Is there an easier way to get to the emails without having to rely on rng and wait for forever?

Also how does one get the honeytrap scene?

Last edited:

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Is there an easier way to get to the emails without having to rely on rng and wait for forever?

Also how does one get the honeytrap scene?
For the e-mails, the lewd passives can help a bit, but it's still slow, and you can only get 1 e-mail per deployment, basically.

For the honeytrap scene, Ren needs to be lewd enough BEFORE the subject of infiltration pops up. If you fulfill that condition, instead of making a fake ID card, Ren offers to do something herself, and she basically goes and seduces and exec to swipe his card and biometric data. This also cuts off the need to run into the other exec in the building, so you can go straight to the security room if you know where it is.

Reactions: abgazil

joe42

Dec 19, 2017
Sorry if this is nitpicky question, does anyone know if your supposed to able to access the endings as an even via the gallery, as all I see is a cg?

Darthan302

Jul 20, 2019
Can someone be a bit more specific on where you can find the encroached executioners, I found one and don't remember where, and the rightish side of the map is very vague. Also can someone tell me where to find the enemies that drop the strange plant, I seem to be two short and cannot remember for the life of me where they dropped.

Edit: So I found the executioner and with a little save scumming managed to get the one BD I was missing, can't remember where to get the strange plants though, pretty sure it was in the office building, but not sure where.

Last edited:

michika

Jun 13, 2017
Its kinda hard if you didnt secure tp passive skill in early game imo. But, the game is fun to explore.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Updated OP to 1.02 Changelog:

- Fixed a line of untranslated text found when fighting a specific enemy on New Game Plus
- Fixed a minor typo in the options menu
- Fixed a minor text overlaps in skill prerequisites and item menus
- Adjusted player yen and debt readout in a menu

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017

Ren + nun is a mainstay for any situation. The third slot is interchangeable. I'd say Mana out performs the other 2 in most cases, but she sure is squishy. Ren's debuffs seems to be aimed at guns and melee, although I couldn't tell conclusively. It doesn't make a significant impact on spell dmg though. Mana has the magical debuffs (which doesn't show an icon on the enemy. A 2k damage spell goes up to 3.5k with the magic debuff. That's pretty significant.

I'm still on my first run, so you obviously got much farther than me, but you should experiment with Mana if you ever feel like playing it again heh.

Actually, I think I know what's going on. Mana's debuffs are aimed at resistances. Physical or magical resistances and not the defense stat. Whatever it's doing, it improves damage much more than the regular debuffs, and it probably stacks with it too.

Been a bit since I played this but I really wanted to like Mana. However I hate the play-style. Use...TP to get the right to use high end spells...which require TP to use. ok battle is over. new battle....Use more TP to get the right to use high end spells...which again require TP to use.

unlocking grimoire levels should have permanently given us access to her spells.

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes