randy1990

Nov 8, 2018
It was less "burn out" and more "writers block". If the second game was the issue, I'd have simply dropped the second game. Work on 0.6 came to a standstill way back in January because of this and I started Dawnchaser in February to at least be productive. If anything, slamming my head against a wall any longer trying to get something written would have been a waste of time.

I know it's frustrating and sucks that I had to stop, but arguing about whether it was a waste of time or not is in and of itself a waste of time. Stopping development has nothing to do with the development itself and everything to do with outside factors from real life. I gave a brief overview of some big reasons why I had to stop, but there's a lot more behind the scenes.

Complain if you want, but don't act like you know all the circumstances that led to this.

I know it's basically futile to ask that of the internet, but:
View attachment 3718733
don't let the negative comments get you down take as long a break as you need and if you stop for good then that's just a shame but there's nothing you can do. in another game the author was away for 3 years and then came back so things can still change

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
It's technically on hold, the dev has said he wants to finish the story, but it will be in a different format.
This is a thread for the VN Evermore. Finishing in a different format means that the VN Evermore is abandoned. Unless the dev changes his mind and continues this in a VN format, or maybe switches it to a KVN format to save time, it is for all intents and purposes abandoned.
Plus lets be real, if he can't finish it as a VN then it doesn't seem to likely it will be finished as a comic or light novel or w/e format he's planning. I'm not blaming the dev, but saying that it'll be continued is wishful thinking until it actually happens.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
That's wishful thinking at best and you know it... the game, which is what everybody wanted, is dead.
Yeah, I know the game is dead, I was just saying that we might still get something of the story. Like a kinetic novel or graphic novel or even just a novelization, but we'll see.

Reactions: Uthuriel

grim019

Mar 28, 2020
Yeah, I know the game is dead, I was just saying that we might still get something of the story. Like a kinetic novel or graphic novel or even just a novelization, but we'll see.
In all those options you lose a part of what made the game good in the first place. Even if he changes the format this version should still be considered abandoned.

Reactions: Jimmy_Jam

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Played this many months ago and decided to replay it tonight... so i figured i'd check out the games thread.... :oops:

I'll still play it again, but damn... That's sad.

Can't wait for AI to take over these games, clearly renpy renders are a horrendous undertaking. No wonder updates are 6 or more months apart for these games.

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
Can't wait for AI to take over these games, clearly renpy renders are a horrendous undertaking. No wonder updates are 6 or more months apart for these games.
You can wait for a very long time. As so for AI doesn't exist, only marketing BS about powerfull machine learning algorithm that uses a decision tree to make predictions, we use lesser version of this algorithms since text autocompletion, correction and google trad exist. If you take all AVN in here to train an algorithm to create AVN you'll end up with something pretty bad at best average. As the percentage of good AVN is really low.

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
shouldn't the patreon subscribers get what was already worked on ? like the finished renders and the already written story and dialogs ? :D
Would be up to Prometheus if he wants to do that or not, don't think I seen that happen yet on any games, He did say that at some point he may finish the story but more than likely it would be on different medium

4.50 star(s) 49 Votes