HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Whether the second game had existed or not, this would have happened either way. I simplified it for the post because I don't wanna air out all my personal details online about every individual reason why this is occurring, so I kept it to the major ones.

Since the last release I have been working hard on the games (approx. 80h work weeks. 20ish hours at my part time job and the rest on the game), it's only in the last couple of weeks that I started struggling to find any time. As I saw my schedule getting progressively busier for the foreseeable future, I weighed my options on whether I could even continue the game moving forward, and what I would have to sacrifice to have any semblance of balance.

I didn't want people paying for months where I wouldn't have time to work on the game. So I gave it some serious thought, tried to think of solutions, but this was the answer in every case. I love the game but I have to pause here. The patreon is already paused as well and any custom renders I've fallen behind on will be completed to fulfill their patreon rewards. It sucks, but most AVN's are incredibly time consuming to make even if you're fast.
a pity, but understandable.
you could try to release what you already worked on as an alpha/beta release. there is 6months worth of work, so people might appreciate what they get. the community and modders would come together to fix the bugs and make it work, i'm sure.

If you want to know the answers to the questions you have assumed incorrect answers about, feel free to DM me. If it really isn't a hang-up about LI virginity on your part, then there's no need to engage about it in a public forum, and yet you did.
dude, it's a public forum to literally discuss the game and its details... why should I DM you?
if it's not in the game, then it's not canon, nor confirmed. the dev can change his mind or forget, or get bribed by a fan to make a change at any time. even a work can be changed afterwards ("Han Shot First!")...
so, no I have not "assumed incorrect answers", I have discussed with information available in the game/story itself. what comes from outside doesn't matter.
I don't care about the actual virginity, but those are details that make up the personality of the character, they add nuance and layers, and if there are inconsistency and incoherence, they break immersion and suspension of disbelief (especially important in a fantasy story). The initial conversation was about Melanie personality and promiscuity displayed with MC that clashes with her claimed personality traits of shunning everyone out side of her family. as another example for Reyna, we could add that for the thousands of years she was waiting, there is no guarantee at this time that she was sexually faithful to the previous god. :)

Saw the dev just dropped this. I was wondering would you guys think still be worth playing despite this. lol this game was gonna be one of the next HS games I play in a few weeks. Typically I don't play dead games but still curious enough that and im almost out of decent HS games
i'd say you should play it and enjoy it for what it is. there is more focus on story than relationships, you could like what is already there. the latest update ends like the end of a season of a TV series without a hard cliffhanger, inviting you to come back for a potential next season that is not yet financed :)

there is a concept called "death of author" in literary work.
the idea is that a text should be read as if the author dropped dead the moment he finished writing it.
any author statements such "in my story I meant for X to be Y" should be ignored. All that matters is the text itself.

it does make sense i many ways. the author might not remember what he thought 10 years ago. or has changed his mind. or is being politically pressured into re-framing their earlier words, or is just bad at elucidating their position and accidentally wrote something that is the opposite of what they meant.

death of author isn't absolute, but it is a commonly held view. and besides, one shouldn't need to receive a DM from the author telling them that "ackshually, this girl was a virgin". if she was meant to be one, it should be in the original story.
YES! thank you for this. that's exactly what it is.

Deathcon1000

Jun 12, 2022
Damn. As one of my favorites, sad to hear this won't be worked on anymore. Have to hate it when life intrudes on the creation of art.

• Sad
Reactions: tslojr

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
Well this sucks because this was one of my top tier avns and there are very few avns that impress me (I like humour and my tastes are more vanilla than the average f95er). I can't say I'm surprised though. I expressed my skepticism with the DawnChaser announcement because Evermore had that abandoned tag before (due to Prom having difficulty balancing it with other obligations).

That's life.

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
there is a concept called "death of author" in literary work.
the idea is that a text should be read as if the author dropped dead the moment he finished writing it.
any author statements such "in my story I meant for X to be Y" should be ignored. All that matters is the text itself.

it does make sense i many ways. the author might not remember what he thought 10 years ago. or has changed his mind. or is being politically pressured into re-framing their earlier words, or is just bad at elucidating their position and accidentally wrote something that is the opposite of what they meant.

death of author isn't absolute, but it is a commonly held view. and besides, one shouldn't need to receive a DM from the author telling them that "ackshually, this girl was a virgin". if she was meant to be one, it should be in the original story.
Right. Sadly, anyone that has played the game can notice that the dev is just retconning them to be virgins. Even though I would prefer them to be, they just aren't, unless he was planning to go back and do a rewrite.
Anyway, game is dead now so it doesn't really matter anymore, shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: HiP1 and harem.king

VinnneV

Jul 20, 2023
Well, I was here a few days ago, and I saw that the game was undergoing a redesign and I was unsure whether it was worth playing or not, they convinced me, so I decided to give it a chance, I ended up liking it and I was very excited to finish it, then came Dev's decision to stop the project.

Don't get me wrong, it's understandable, I think anyone in the situation would do the same... But knowing that it's unlikely to be completed is very discouraging and made me uninstall, maybe if one day the project comes back I'll play again, but for now I'll stop. Anyway, it's sad, but what can we do? This is life... "There's no point crying over spilled milk." ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

IzumiggG

Oct 27, 2023
Well, I was here a few days ago, and I saw that the game was undergoing a redesign and I was unsure whether it was worth playing or not, they convinced me, so I decided to give it a chance, I ended up liking it and I was very excited to finish it, then came Dev's decision to stop the project.

Don't get me wrong, it's understandable, I think anyone in the situation would do the same... But knowing that it's unlikely to be completed is very discouraging and made me uninstall, maybe if one day the project comes back I'll play again, but for now I'll stop. Anyway, it's sad, but what can we do? This is life... "There's no point crying over spilled milk." ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
I played this game about 5 months ago, and I already had a terrible feeling that the project would stop, the delay in releasing an update, in addition to the Dev being focused on another game. The decision is understandable, but it's still sad, it's sad for Dev having to do this, it's sad for those who were supporting the project, and it's sad for those who were playing or wanted to play and came across this news.

Rohse

Jan 4, 2018
Well that's a whole barrel of shit.
Sad to see it go, but understand that "real life" has to take priority.

Besidses them releasing the storyboards/script for the game I really can't see how they're going to release anything to finish the story, but best of luck to them.

Reactions: kcaldw

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Well ain't this a bitch. This game was starting to get good and now this. But I understand that this game has to take the back burner to any real life issues. So very sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

mtrkar

May 17, 2022
He didn't waste time on anything. You obviously have never done anything like this, and it shows. Not only is development really time-consuming, regardless of the aspect you are looking at, but working on the same thing over and over again can cause burnout. While juggling both the .1/.2 rework and working on .6, he started feeling some burnout, but instead of dropping HS2 all together, he did more rendering just for fun, which later became Dawnchaser. So whether it was a simple break from Evermore or he had an idea he saw didn't work well with that but wanted to keep it, or something else, he was able to work on Dawnchaser in the process.

The biggest thing I could point to for reference is Capcom. When Resident Evil 4 was in development, Capcom realized that the story and characters (mainly Leon) ideas had gotten so far away from what they originally wanted for a new Resident Evil game. So, instead of scrapping the idea while they started over, they used that idea and made what we now know as DEVIL MAY CRY. So recap: Devil May Cry started out as the original RE4... The question remains... Was DMC a waste of time for RE4, or even vice versa?
Except both those games actually got released so it's actually not at all the same. Solving burnout of making a game but starting work on another game is how we end up exactly here. Which is an absolutely shame because Evermore is fantastic and was really getting amazing as far as the story goes and we will never see the end now. So yeah, wasting time making a game that was never going to see the light of day instead of at least finishing the update he had been working on for the better part of a year was IN FACT wasting time.

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
Except both those games actually got released so it's actually not at all the same. Solving burnout of making a game but starting work on another game is how we end up exactly here. Which is an absolutely shame because Evermore is fantastic and was really getting amazing as far as the story goes and we will never see the end now. So yeah, wasting time making a game that was never going to see the light of day instead of at least finishing the update he had been working on for the better part of a year was IN FACT wasting time.
It was less "burn out" and more "writers block". If the second game was the issue, I'd have simply dropped the second game. Work on 0.6 came to a standstill way back in January because of this and I started Dawnchaser in February to at least be productive. If anything, slamming my head against a wall any longer trying to get something written would have been a waste of time.

I know it's frustrating and sucks that I had to stop, but arguing about whether it was a waste of time or not is in and of itself a waste of time. Stopping development has nothing to do with the development itself and everything to do with outside factors from real life. I gave a brief overview of some big reasons why I had to stop, but there's a lot more behind the scenes.

Complain if you want, but don't act like you know all the circumstances that led to this.

I know it's basically futile to ask that of the internet, but:
1717900891867.png

mtrkar

May 17, 2022
It was less "burn out" and more "writers block". If the second game was the issue, I'd have simply dropped the second game. Work on 0.6 came to a standstill way back in January because of this and I started Dawnchaser in February to at least be productive. If anything, slamming my head against a wall any longer trying to get something written would have been a waste of time.

I know it's frustrating and sucks that I had to stop, but arguing about whether it was a waste of time or not is in and of itself a waste of time. Stopping development has nothing to do with the development itself and everything to do with outside factors from real life. I gave a brief overview of some big reasons why I had to stop, but there's a lot more behind the scenes.

Complain if you want, but don't act like you know all the circumstances that led to this.

I know it's basically futile to ask that of the internet, but:
View attachment 3718733
Ultimately, the why of this happening doesn't really matter. You made part of a phenomenal game and people are obviously going to feel feels about that. I'm sure it's frustrating to read especially since, believe it or not, I understand why you're stopping. I can't even begin to imagine how much time and effort this game was taking to make. It's more creative than anything I'll ever do with my life. I can fully admit that. But yeah, as someone who played very early and only recently rediscovered the game, getting to the end of the content and knowing there isn't any more was bittersweet. I'm sure those who have been around the whole time even more so. Real life has to take priority and for what it's worth, I think your game absolutely deserved to be one that allowed you to make a living doing it. I genuinely wish you the best despite how parts of this might come across. The thing about really amazing stories regardless of the medium is that they do get the readers invested. We form emotional connections and attachments to them. I'm sure it's ten fold for you as the creator. I have no doubt you struggled long and hard with your decision and I absolutely respect the courage it takes to stop creating something people love. Sincerely.

4.50 star(s) 49 Votes