Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
i liked this game and i must say there is always a way if you want to but oh well....
it is not like the updates where regular or often he took his time even without a full time job so not really surprising that it is dead now.....
given the fact the last update was in november 23 so 8 month ago i think everybody agrees that there will be no pause it is over...

Last edited:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Saw the dev just dropped this. I was wondering would you guys think still be worth playing despite this. lol this game was gonna be one of the next HS games I play in a few weeks. Typically I don't play dead games but still curious enough that and im almost out of decent HS games

Reactions: PrometheusEVN

Visick

Sep 27, 2021
Man this sucks. I had this one bookmarked and was checking back in on it occasionally as I was thinking of making it my next play. But at least I don't have to deal with story and character cliffhangers since I never started. Rough for those who were invested. Understandable though, gotta look out for your own personal life above all else

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
Saw the dev just dropped this. I was wondering would you guys think still be worth playing despite this. lol this game was gonna be one of the next HS games I play in a few weeks. Typically I don't play dead games but still curious enough that and im almost out of decent HS games
To be honest, I wouldn't. It's a good game but if it's over you'll just torture yourself wishing for more like the rest of us. :HideThePain:

Reactions: qaywsx

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
It's honestly a good game, and it was really started to get a lot more interesting and better. That's why it's really a shame to see this one being abandoned.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
well its surley worth it but what for???
in the end when you finished you gonna be just pissed that there will be no update anymore to see the story continiue.

Reactions: qaywsx

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I would say, if you're not interested in games that don't end, don't bother. If you just want to see where the story was going, it's worth the effort, I think.

I'm gonna miss it, but as has been said, it was never a regularly-scheduled release game, so I wasn't "waiting" for the next release, just paying attention in case it happened.

Reactions: Steinchen
Feb 21, 2023
Damn, just recently tried to argue all the naysayers away and now this... :KEK:
I hate it when those radical doubters just accidentally turn out to be right. This game really had something going. Will be sad seeing it go.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PrometheusEVN

DeafGiy96

Oct 18, 2021
Overall, the game is still worth playing; even though it starts rough, it does make up for it later. And with how Prom ended. 5, it was in a spot that wasn't necessarily a cliffhanger, but also where you do want to know more.

Reactions: 666billy666

DeafGiy96

Oct 18, 2021
Didn't this dev also tease another game, now to just drop everything?
I feel bad for everybody that paid good money just to get kicked in the balls now by the dev...

What a shit show... :KEK:
Why? People should understand that when they pledge each month, they run the danger of not receiving another update and that their project may be abandoned. Yes, it's devastating, but Prom's life just kept getting increasingly challenging as his mental health began to diminish. Then there's the new job, which further accentuates the difficulty given the type of work he does. When it comes to the new game, it began merely as a means for him to practice while avoiding burnout from Evermore, but it gradually developed into something more than a casual pastime.

• Haha
Reactions: qaywsx and eeyye

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Sad to see this go. It was one of those games where you could tell the potential was definitely there, although the dev got a little lost in the sauce with his side project.

Does this mean that ever since the last update for this game (december last year) dropped people just paid for.. nothing, now? Not to incite anything but.. just curious.

DeafGiy96

Oct 18, 2021
Yup, instead of completing 0.6 of Evermore he wasted development time on Dawnchaser and neither see the light of day.
He didn't waste time on anything. You obviously have never done anything like this, and it shows. Not only is development really time-consuming, regardless of the aspect you are looking at, but working on the same thing over and over again can cause burnout. While juggling both the .1/.2 rework and working on .6, he started feeling some burnout, but instead of dropping HS2 all together, he did more rendering just for fun, which later became Dawnchaser. So whether it was a simple break from Evermore or he had an idea he saw didn't work well with that but wanted to keep it, or something else, he was able to work on Dawnchaser in the process.

The biggest thing I could point to for reference is Capcom. When Resident Evil 4 was in development, Capcom realized that the story and characters (mainly Leon) ideas had gotten so far away from what they originally wanted for a new Resident Evil game. So, instead of scrapping the idea while they started over, they used that idea and made what we now know as DEVIL MAY CRY. So recap: Devil May Cry started out as the original RE4... The question remains... Was DMC a waste of time for RE4, or even vice versa?

• Haha
Reactions: eeyye

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
He didn't waste time on anything. You obviously have never done anything like this, and it shows. Not only is development really time-consuming, regardless of the aspect you are looking at, but working on the same thing over and over again can cause burnout. While juggling both the .1/.2 rework and working on .6, he started feeling some burnout, but instead of dropping HS2 all together, he did more rendering just for fun, which later became Dawnchaser. So whether it was a simple break from Evermore or he had an idea he saw didn't work well with that but wanted to keep it, or something else, he was able to work on Dawnchaser in the process.

The biggest thing I could point to for reference is Capcom. When Resident Evil 4 was in development, Capcom realized that the story and characters (mainly Leon) ideas had gotten so far away from what they originally wanted for a new Resident Evil game. So, instead of scrapping the idea while they started over, they used that idea and made what we now know as DEVIL MAY CRY. So recap: Devil May Cry started out as the original RE4... The question remains... Was DMC a waste of time for RE4, or even vice versa?
Not at all and for one simple reason; because they both were completed. But if either of them wasn't finished, then yes, they would be a massive waste of time.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Sad to see this go. It was one of those games where you could tell the potential was definitely there, although the dev got a little lost in the sauce with his side project.

Does this mean that ever since the last update for this game (december last year) dropped people just paid for.. nothing, now? Not to incite anything but.. just curious.
Like all Patreon accounts, you're not paying for a product, you're investing in a developer. All investments are gambles. Most promise something. None guarantee it.

4.50 star(s) 50 Votes