Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Why? People should understand that when they pledge each month, they run the danger of not receiving another update and that their project may be abandoned. Yes, it's devastating, but Prom's life just kept getting increasingly challenging as his mental health began to diminish. Then there's the new job, which further accentuates the difficulty given the type of work he does. When it comes to the new game, it began merely as a means for him to practice while avoiding burnout from Evermore, but it gradually developed into something more than a casual pastime.
He didn't waste time on anything. You obviously have never done anything like this, and it shows. Not only is development really time-consuming, regardless of the aspect you are looking at, but working on the same thing over and over again can cause burnout. While juggling both the .1/.2 rework and working on .6, he started feeling some burnout, but instead of dropping HS2 all together, he did more rendering just for fun, which later became Dawnchaser. So whether it was a simple break from Evermore or he had an idea he saw didn't work well with that but wanted to keep it, or something else, he was able to work on Dawnchaser in the process.

The biggest thing I could point to for reference is Capcom. When Resident Evil 4 was in development, Capcom realized that the story and characters (mainly Leon) ideas had gotten so far away from what they originally wanted for a new Resident Evil game. So, instead of scrapping the idea while they started over, they used that idea and made what we now know as DEVIL MAY CRY. So recap: Devil May Cry started out as the original RE4... The question remains... Was DMC a waste of time for RE4, or even vice versa?
Damn dude... imagine simping so hard for a dev that just abandoned his games... kinda cringe to be honest...

PrometheusEVN

Evermore Dev
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
Sad to see this go. It was one of those games where you could tell the potential was definitely there, although the dev got a little lost in the sauce with his side project.

Does this mean that ever since the last update for this game (december last year) dropped people just paid for.. nothing, now? Not to incite anything but.. just curious.
Whether the second game had existed or not, this would have happened either way. I simplified it for the post because I don't wanna air out all my personal details online about every individual reason why this is occurring, so I kept it to the major ones.

Since the last release I have been working hard on the games (approx. 80h work weeks. 20ish hours at my part time job and the rest on the game), it's only in the last couple of weeks that I started struggling to find any time. As I saw my schedule getting progressively busier for the foreseeable future, I weighed my options on whether I could even continue the game moving forward, and what I would have to sacrifice to have any semblance of balance.

I didn't want people paying for months where I wouldn't have time to work on the game. So I gave it some serious thought, tried to think of solutions, but this was the answer in every case. I love the game but I have to pause here. The patreon is already paused as well and any custom renders I've fallen behind on will be completed to fulfill their patreon rewards. It sucks, but most AVN's are incredibly time consuming to make even if you're fast.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
That sounds like a very simple and shallow way of looking how subscription-based financial support for artists works.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, Prometheus has always communicated with his Patreons (of which I've been one) and never "promised" any release schedule, and when he realized he couldn't continue as he'd been, he told everyone.

So yea, I got snarky at the person who didn't want to "incite"' something, and I made a quipy comment in response. Because that's all I thought it deserved.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well that sucks, this was such a good game, we didn't even get to an answer to the twins.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022

Hey, guys!

So, I have some bad news... After many, many hours of consideration and self-reflection, I feel it is time for me to step away from creating AVNs for an indefinite period of time. I recently had to get my first full time job and I will be starting my career. I thought about doing this while cutting down on the hours I put into development, but I honestly can't see where I'd even fit those hours once I start working. I have obligations outside work that take up some time and it was somewhat manageable (albeit difficult) when I was working part time, but now, there wouldn't be enough hours in a day.

I appreciate all the support I've received the last three years and I’ve had a lot of fun making it. While being a dev could be stressful and hard at times, I met a lot of great people and it’s been a great experience. That’s to say, I am not taking this decision lightly and it’s something I’ve given a lot of thought to. I always fully intended on completing the game, but AVN development is very time consuming, especially when you try and give it your all to improve the quality over time. Unfortunately, the responsibilities of regular life have gotten in the way and I had to cut something somewhere, my choices at this point are basically: AVN Development vs Family and my Future (Both career wise and in terms of my personal life).

However, whether I finish the game as an AVN or not, this will not be the end of Evermore. I still fully intend to see the story through to the end because of how much I love it, though it’ll likely be in a different medium.

Thank you for the support, and thank you for the understanding. It’s been fun,

Prometheus
Read the room a bit mate...

ivanov95

Oct 23, 2017
Will the game ever be continued in the future or it's completely abandoned? Really liked the game and the story... :cry:

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
Damn... This is one of the better AVNs out there. Sad to see it go, but c'est la vie. Hope this game will continue in foreseeable future.

Reactions: Ekzou

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, Prometheus has always communicated with his Patreons (of which I've been one) and never "promised" any release schedule, and when he realized he couldn't continue as he'd been, he told everyone.

So yea, I got snarky at the person who didn't want to "incite"' something, and I made a quipy comment in response. Because that's all I thought it deserved.
Patreon isn't an "investment" solely due to the services you pay to receive each month; whether that be a custom render, access to a beta build, or even acknowledgement. Considering Prom is finishing out the custom renders for the months he missed I'd say he's fulfilling his agreement with his Patrons.

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
Will the game ever be continued in the future or it's completely abandoned? Really liked the game and the story... :cry:
Seriously?

But okay, I'll answer seriously; if you read the announcement, the game is fully abandoned as an AVN. But he'll MAYBE try one day to do something else to complete the Evermore story but not as a game.

Reactions: ivanov95

Ekzou

Feb 28, 2023
He said that :
" (...) However, whether I finish the game as an AVN or not, this will not be the end of Evermore. I still fully intend to see the story through to the end because of how much I love it, though it’ll likely be in a different medium. (...) "

Reactions: ivanov95

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
Sadly I will never know what happens because I can't read and only like picture books or AVN's. So.....sadness

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
it's not about realism. it's about what was told in the game. expecting coherence and consistency according to the rules of the world in a fantasy setting. for example, Reyna has served the previous god of creation for years before he sacrificed himself. she knows and does what MC likes even before he knows it himself. her service included sexual service. it's not explicitly said, but it's highly likely that her virginity was taken by the previous god. there is still a small chance she could be a virgin, but in that intimate moment with MC, she could have easily mentioned it. it's mostly an inference with available information. the dev might have confirmed her virginity outside of the game, but for now in the game there is nothing. the same way, we can infer that the previous god refused her pregnancy, as she sexually served him for years, she most likely has absorbed a ton of semen and still didn't have a child. elf fertility is low, but not that low. she didn't confirm it, but we can speculate.
same for Marianne, she willingly lets herself get used and dominated by MC. but she is very thorough, as a character. if she was a virgin, she would have mentioned it to MC because it would affect the quality of her service to him. she is not thousands of years old, the game says she is in her 30s, but it's still enough to at least have some experience and/or some research in sex. it's speculation, but it's based on what is available in the game. again, the dev confirmed her virginity outside of the game, but there is nothing in the game itself.
Titania has children. in a fantasy setting, her race could maybe have kids without sex, but to have kids with MC she immediately jumps on his dick. nothing is explained, so you can speculate that the way she has kids is through sex. she behaves like she is inexperienced with a human dick, though. that would be the only clue that she could be a virgin, but it might just be her first human dick while she had dicks from other races before. until it is explicitly explained in the game that she can have kids without sex, then we can only use the information available in the game which is that she had sex to have the kids she already has, which is also speculation admittedly as those kids might not be hers, and she only refers to them as hers because she is the queen.
if he wants to make their virginity official, why not put it clearly in the game ? it's just a single line of text for each.
LI virginity status is important for a part of the AVN community, so he might have confirmed it because of that, and to make the characters more appealing to fans. I personally don't care, I just want the character history to enjoy the story. MC could be their first, or they could have spent thousands of years getting railed non stop in brothels, I don't care, it's part of their story, I accept it as fact to get a better understanding of the character and how they interact with the others.
there is a concept called "death of author" in literary work.
the idea is that a text should be read as if the author dropped dead the moment he finished writing it.
any author statements such "in my story I meant for X to be Y" should be ignored. All that matters is the text itself.

it does make sense i many ways. the author might not remember what he thought 10 years ago. or has changed his mind. or is being politically pressured into re-framing their earlier words, or is just bad at elucidating their position and accidentally wrote something that is the opposite of what they meant.

death of author isn't absolute, but it is a commonly held view. and besides, one shouldn't need to receive a DM from the author telling them that "ackshually, this girl was a virgin". if she was meant to be one, it should be in the original story.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
From what he's said, it sounds like he might take it up again at some point, but probably not in the form of a game. So I'm guessing it might be more of an "ordinary" novel.

4.50 star(s) 50 Votes