4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

introvtx

May 6, 2017
Yeah i agree the phone naming system is flawed. Only a patch can really fix it though but i don't think that will happen.
I think the script files need editing and adding more define command thingie but I could be wrong. I have no experience in coding and also there are multiple script files... it's a nightmare for me.

Reactions: AdamJohn36

Sylver Games

Evil. Never. Dies!!!!! \m/
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
Yeah i agree the phone naming system is flawed. Only a patch can really fix it though but i don't think that will happen.
It's not flawed at all, but it's not easy to make all the characters interact with each other based on the relationship that everyone gives to each character. Just so we understand each other: we have 5 characters in the game where you can choose the relationships they have with respect to the MC, but what you are asking for is that, in turn, these characters can have different relationships between them.

That is to say, it is no longer a question of 10 variables (5 for the relationship that the MC has with each character and 5 for the relationship that those characters have with the MC), but of 32 variables more! (to define, for example, the relationship that Gloria has with Elle, and in turn the one that Elle has with George, and vice versa).

That is, in Elle's biography, for example, there would have to be 11 buttons (one to change her name, 5 more to define the relationship that each main NPC has with her, and another 5 to define the relationship that she has with the other main NPCs!).

Considering all this, the fastest and most efficient solution is to call certain characters by their name, not only because programming something like this would be crazy, but also because players do not want and would not want to define 42 relationships between characters plus 6 editions of character names!!!

I hope you understand what I'm saying and sorry for so much writting, lol

Last edited:

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
It's not flawed at all, but it's not easy to make all the characters interact with each other based on the relationship that everyone gives to each character. Just so we understand each other: we have 5 characters in the game where you can choose the relationships they have with respect to the MC, but what you are asking for is that, in turn, these characters can have different relationships between them.

That is to say, it is no longer a question of 10 variables (5 for the relationship that the MC has with each character and 5 for the relationship that those characters have with the MC), but of 32 variables more! (to define, for example, the relationship that Gloria has with Elle, and in turn the one that Elle has with Donald, and vice versa).

That is, in Elle's biography, for example, there would have to be 11 buttons (one to change her name, 5 more to define the relationship that each main NPC has with her, and another 5 to define the relationship that she has with the other main NPCs!).

Considering all this, the fastest and most efficient solution is to call certain characters by their name, not only because programming something like this would be crazy, but also because players do not want and would not want to define 42 relationships between characters plus 6 editions of character names!!!

I hope you understand what I'm saying and sorry for so much writting, lol
I understand completely what you are saying. That is why a patch works best in this situation because there are so many variables. People like Introvtx wouldn't be so weirded out if the phone naming system wasn't flawed. I was just trying to explain to him that the best way to fix the problem would be with a patch that wont happen considering.

Sylver Games

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
I understand completely what you are saying. That is why a patch works best in this situation because there are so many variables. People like Introvtx wouldn't be so weirded out if the phone naming system wasn't flawed. I was just trying to explain to him that the best way to fix the problem would be with a patch that wont happen considering.
Well, maybe if the game achieves a moderate success, some modder will make a mod to achieve what you are suggesting. I don't see it as a 'problem' at all anyway.

Sylver Games

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
Does this game(current build) END
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, current build ends there. Sorry you feel HS renders 'sterile' but It's only a matter of taste (at least for me) and believe me, those are the better results you can achieve with HS.

I don't have enought PC to make DAZ renders, so I need to work with the programs that my 'old' machine can 'move'. Anyway, I like HS renders more than DAZ ones (at least you don't use the same characters on and on) and you can make anims like the ones present on END (DAZ can't do something like that, as far as I know)

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Yes, current build ends there. Sorry you feel HS renders 'sterile' but It's only a matter of taste (at least for me) and believe me, those are the better results you can achieve with HS.
Thanks, then I know!
Yes I've seen the bad Honey Select renders. I didn't mean yours are bad, I like them! Sorry I should've clarified.

I don't have enought PC to make DAZ renders, so I need to work with the programs that my 'old' machine can 'move'. Anyway, I like HS renders more than DAZ ones (at least you don't use the same characters on and on) and you can make anims like the ones present on END (DAZ can't do something like that, as far as I know)
I figured as much for the DAZ renders that they require some sort of super computer.
Yes, one strength with Honey Select is the variety of characters. Even though it seems to be a struggle to make them look non Asian. And as you wrote, the animations.

I'm eagerly looking forward to your next update! :)

Reactions: Sylver Games

Sylver Games

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
Hi, folks!

As many of you know, there is a survey on different platforms, including this one, where you are being asked about whether the game should continue with a map or, on the contrary, should continue as a full VN.

I have taken the liberty of programming it as a VN to give you a perspective on the matter.

I hope you all like it!

LINKS:
Pc:
Mac:
Android:

Regards!

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
Evil Never Dies [Chapter 1 complete] [Sylver Games] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

Original Win/Linux Size: 646 MB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 478 MB

Original Mac Size: 629 MB
Compressed Mac Size: 461 MB

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes