VN Ren'Py Abandoned Eye of the Storm [Ch. 1-12] [Mr. Rigg]

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Now i´m glad that i couldn´t named the MC!

I have to watch and cant intervene when this ***hole hit his wife, cut her belly, humilates and rapes her right in front of me and the girls... and in the end one girl stays with this "interesting" couple, because the other girl think that the way the man treat his wife is Hot? Seriously?

I know there are many atrocities in the world, but at least i can do something against it. Different then here!
Till Chapter 8 i was good entertained, despite the negative things you can read in many wrotes here.
But this ... lets call it "script" of chapter 9 killed it for me... I´m out.
WTF dude.. if you tried to do anything against Leopold he would have just killed you!! He fucking nearly killed the guy with the two knives. Real life does not work like the movies. The good guy does not always win. Obviously this guy is a much better fighter then you.

What happened the previous time he rushed in the save the girl?? He almost got raped in the ass. The guy that came to save him is now dead meat.

So no rushing in to save the wife would be the most the IDIOTIC thing to do.

Despite Zenny's protest, the MC did the right thing. He can always come back to resolve the issue. And... he did drop a lot of hints for the wife to let her know where she can escape to. He trusts Zenny that she can take care of herself.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
What a rush!!! I can not believe this is not one of the top games out there!!! It was riveting.
I love all the girls!! Initially did not like Clara, but she is growing on me, Hildi as well. Love Lena and Haely... Zenny is crazy but cute.. and Deliah is awesome.

Lucy really threw me for a loop.... Wow sticking dick in crazy with that one.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Buggy game littered with errors and a terrible 'plot'. What's usually a saving grace from a non-existent plot, i.e renders are bad most of the time. The you have no choice even though you never picked that route is also a fail.

Like someone commented above some of the girl's character are all over the place mainly Zenny's character. More to the point the last scene before the end of chapter where you're portrayed as a fucking douchebag with the even bigger douchebag women beater.
Now i´m glad that i couldn´t named the MC!

I have to watch and cant intervene when this ***hole hit his wife, cut her belly, humilates and rapes her right in front of me and the girls... and in the end one girl stays with this "interesting" couple, because the other girl think that the way the man treat his wife is Hot? Seriously?

I know there are many atrocities in the world, but at least i can do something against it. Different then here!
Till Chapter 8 i was good entertained, despite the negative things you can read in many wrotes here.
But this ... lets call it "script" of chapter 9 killed it for me... I´m out.
WTF dude.. if you tried to do anything against Leopold he would have just killed you!! He fucking nearly killed the guy with the two knives. Real life does not work like the movies. The good guy does not always win. Obviously this guy is a much better fighter then you.

What happened the previous time he rushed in the save the girl?? He almost got raped in the ass. The guy that came to save him is now dead meat.

So no rushing in to save the wife would be the most the IDIOTIC thing to do.

Despite Zenny's protest, the MC did the right thing. He can always come back to resolve the issue. And... he did drop a lot of hints for the wife to let her know where she can escape to. He trusts Zenny that she can take care of herself.
Obviously I would never try to tell you whether you should keep playing, RicDea and HammerU89, but TBH, I think you're misunderstanding at least a couple of the characters in this scene. I am not condoning anyone's actions here necessarily. But any good writer will write as a character would behave, not as the writer's own moral code would dictate they act in the same situation. Writing fiction is about portraying characters' views and experiences, not your own. This is a bit long, so I apologize, but here are my own unsolicited thoughts.

ZENNY
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

APE

IN SUMMARY

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Obviously I would never try to tell you whether you should keep playing, RicDea and HammerU89, but TBH, I think you're misunderstanding at least a couple of the characters in this scene. I am not condoning anyone's actions here necessarily. But any good writer will write as a character would behave, not as the writer's own moral code would dictate they act in the same situation. Writing fiction is about portraying characters' views and experiences, not your own. This is a bit long, so I apologize, but here are my own unsolicited thoughts.

ZENNY

APE

IN SUMMARY

Nice post...
Just want to add...
I've been robbed a couple of times in RL. The decision to resist two robbers is not an easy one. 101 things goes through your mind at that stage. The possibility to die vs beating the robbers up is almost always the biggest thing you think about. Also what is at stake? My Wallet with 200 bucks vs a possibility that I can be killed? Can I realistically beat these guys?

So twice I was robbed in person and I decided not to resist and lost the money in my wallet. Once two guys broke into my house with my wife and kids still sleeping. I noticed they were unarmed, so I grabbed a knife in the kitchen and chased them out of my house. (If they had a gun, I would have died for sure if I resisted) If you can not realistically beat your opponent, it's not so smart to resist. Even if you could realistically beat your opponent, it might still not be worth it depending on what's at stake.

RicDea

Oct 15, 2017
You two have points i understand (condolescence for your experiences Alfius) and obviously you need Villains in a story.
All i wanted to say was that the immersion, with the mainchar, died with these "decision", because i haven´t any choice.
If he acted this way all the time, i couldn´t say anything. But he promised his ex to take care of the girls and behave like this the first 8 days. Even though he wanted to "love" as much as possible. ;)

In the end we dont have to discuss the choices the developer made, we only decide to play the next update or not.
Just My two cents; as a non patreon of this game.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
(condolescence for your experiences Alfius)
No worries about that, it's part and partial of living in a country with a high crime rate. Almost everyone living here have had a bad experience with crime, a couple of times during their lifetime. Just 2 months ago my wife was involved in a smash and grab at a traffic light.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
No worries about that, it's part and partial of living in a country with a high crime rate. Almost everyone living here have had a bad experience with crime, a couple of times during their lifetime. Just 2 months ago my wife was involved in a smash and grab at a traffic light.
Man, that sucks. I grew up in a high-crime area myself, so I understand at least in part. When I was a kid, someone tried to mug my dad, I was almost run off the road, and a gang killed someone I knew from the high school dance team. The hardest choices are the ones you don't have to make.

Reactions: Alfius

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
EotS — Day101.jpg

I'm aiming for the 15th to release chapter 10. If I don't make it, I'll say the night of the 17th at the latest. See you all soon.

— UPDATE —
Chapter 10 is nearly done. I'm finishing the last few renders and debugging it. It will be finished late tomorrow evening, but considering the long upload time, I'll likely let it upload overnight again and post the link early morning on the 16th. See you guys soon.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Current version (1-9) and new game.
Got this in the cave with Deliah.

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8220, in script
    $ delia_respect_points += 4
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8220, in <module>
NameError: name 'delia_respect_points' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8220, in script
  File "...\EyeoftheStorm-Chapters_1_to_9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "...\EyeoftheStorm-Chapters_1_to_9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8220, in <module>
NameError: name 'delia_respect_points' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Eye of the Storm Chapters_1_to_9
Sun May 19 19:01:47 2019
[/CODE]

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Here's my unofficial compressed version of Eye of the Storm [Ch. 1-10]
The compression might break things in the game. Please report any bugs with a screenshot in a private message.

Original size is 2.04GB.

DOWNLOAD
PC & Mac
(388MB): - - -

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes