nemojason

May 22, 2017
hello, i like both ... in renpy may be it's more easy to do the thing... and finaly u can imagine a new system of battle too... & permit to add some mods ...

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
hello, i like both ... in renpy may be it's more easy to do the thing... and finaly u can imagine a new system of battle too... & permit to add some mods ...
I'll take at least +3 days to learn the basic of renpy and start doing the game. So, it's a 10 days ahead to have an "first" realese of the game, changed (of course cause isn't Rpgm) and then I can start thinking about the battle system, for the episode 4~5. (I'll do it by eps for now on.)

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Yeah for this style of game Renpy is better. RPG is better for true out right RPG games. Yours has more of a story to it and for Novel type stories go Renpy.

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Yeah for this style of game Renpy is better. RPG is better for true out right RPG games. Yours has more of a story to it and for Novel type stories go Renpy.
Yeah, but I'll need time to work on two projects, including one of them requesting code knowledge from me (Which I'm not studied). If people support the game, I'll be able to do fewer jobs and focus more on it, Study and practice so, I can make a great system, for a great game. For now, it will be a basic Fairy Trainer Renpy game... Let's see if it will be the matter, or not. I'll put my effort into it anyway (As I do with BTT), and I want it to be at least worth four stars. Wish me luck :coffee:

nemojason

May 22, 2017
I waited 10000 years for have a game about fairy Tail, so i can wait 1 month for 1 relase xd...
For battle, i enjoyed the battle system from Pytfall... more that battle with rpgm ... but i think that his creation is harder in renpy because of the many variables to create and manage yourself in order to avoid possible conflicts

Reactions: Sir Weshmish

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
I waited 10000 years for have a game about fairy Tail, so i can wait 1 month for 1 relase xd...
For battle, i enjoyed the battle system from Pytfall... more that battle with rpgm ... but i think that his creation is harder in renpy because of the many variables to create and manage yourself in order to avoid possible conflicts
Indeed hard! But don't worry, I'll not take more than 8 days to do it! Not an entire month haha. The Battle system on Renpy isn't easy, but not even "medium", it's really really hard! That's why we don't (usually) see Renpy games with battle... TuT

nemojason

May 22, 2017
The Battle system on Renpy isn't easy, but not even "medium", it's really really hard! That's why we don't (usually) see Renpy games with battle... TuT
Yes it's why i enjoy to play to the game named "Pytfall" from Xella.. thanks to renpy we can mod easly, but rpgm is too rigid... For the battle for example, we can imagine a original system of battle but the difficulty is to plan the core of this system at the start... With rpgm it's impossible to do that because the software have its own default battle system.
i think that this game (Pytfall) is the only one who have a system of develop battle in renpy... after u have some games like 4 element trainers who have primitive system of battle with 3 actions (attack, defend, heal) xd
In Pytfall we have this base + a lot of spell (that modder can create and add, i created my own pack of girl with their own spell, i love that xd)

Reactions: Mei Lien~

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Yes it's why i enjoy to play to the game named "Pytfall" from Xella.. thanks to renpy we can mod easly, but rpgm is too rigid... For the battle for example, we can imagine a original system of battle but the difficulty is to plan the core of this system at the start... With rpgm it's impossible to do that because the software have its own default battle system.
i think that this game (Pytfall) is the only one who have a system of develop battle in renpy... after u have some games like 4 element trainers who have primitive system of battle with 3 actions (attack, defend, heal) xd
In Pytfall we have this base + a lot of spell (that modder can create and add, i created my own pack of girl with their own spell, i love that xd)
The 8 days I mean the Novel side okay? Hahaha. The battle system can take almost a year, to be honest xC But well, I'm progressing very fast. I have done the choice system and name system, etc. My main focus today, is to learn the Love Gauge progress system. (Which is the main system of the game.) Hopeful it will take only 1 day like the others. :HideThePain:

nemojason

May 22, 2017
The 8 days I mean the Novel side okay? Hahaha. The battle system can take almost a year, to be honest xC But well, I'm progressing very fast. I have done the choice system and name system, etc. My main focus today, is to learn the Love Gauge progress system. (Which is the main system of the game.) Hopeful it will take only 1 day like the others. :HideThePain:
yes, it was just a example why renpy can be better in the choice between rpgm and renpy... Renpy can offer some great possibility that with rpgm which is good for little casual game.
After that it's true, that it's a personal feeling ,I just share my opinion xd
I am already impatient to see the rendering of the story with your development line lol

Reactions: Mei Lien~

userrandy

Jan 8, 2020
Fairy Tail girls? Corruption? Romance? Only thing I wish it'd also have is some mind control and that'd be amazing. But still excited to try this out

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Fairy Trainer rework under progress! (Card-up project) >>> <<<
Flare main CARD.png

nemojason

May 22, 2017
good idea for the card battle... do u want to create a collection of cards which could represent each skill of character (with eventually some specific animation) or do u want to do a system which represent each character by a card and wich can evolve..?

nemojason

May 22, 2017
for the battle may be u could create a option for activate/desastivate the battle system for guys who don't like battle... for me just read some things it's boring, if u want to read ,there are a lot of books in library lol

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
good idea for the card battle... do u want to create a collection of cards which could represent each skill of character (with eventually some specific animation) or do u want to do a system which represent each character by a card and wich can evolve..?
for the battle may be u could create a option for activate/desastivate the battle system for guys who don't like battle... for me just read some things it's boring, if u want to read ,there are a lot of books in library lol
For now, will be a lot of a "library" since we have a condition to make the battle system (And I think it will take some... time till it gets fully reached) but, we will have stages for each card. You unlock card skins (similar to Girls x Battle 2) and can rank'em up as well. For now, when you start any character's route, you will get its card. You can unlock more things by doing their routes and advancing the game story. Characters inside the game will have connections and independent routes, too. So, to unlock Carla's route, you have to go for Wendy, as to do Meredy, you have to go for Ultear, Yukino going for Sorano, and so on. The only characters you will unlock by special event (Not route but some random events) are; Flare, Irene (Spirit), etc.

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Demo finish. If you get any error as "unexpected element", please go down in the game options, there's an "IGNORE" option. These errors are caused by some fade effects I've done and aren't working properly. The game wasn't supposed to be DEMO to start with. You can check details here >>>

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes