3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

VengefulKron

Aug 17, 2018
Honestly at this point I don't think there's much point in ascribing motive to their actions, I don't think they're playing 5d chess they're eating the fucking pieces.

So far they've said they'd post an update to Steam when they have an ETA, then suddenly they have a date but no Steam update. They would push it out without testing, then it was late because they were testing it. Then they were uploading the new build to Steam, but there's no new/updated depot... then it was Steam's fault for a bit as they were awaiting approval, even though Steam don't require approval for patches and the private depot would show up instantly? Now it's because some of the dev team and/or volunteers missed deadlines?

It sounds more like Helius is just a pathological liar and the entire project is fuelled by chaos and mayhem. I think the only thing we can really surmise is that the game isn't in a particularly good state if they won't (or can't) push it out even with all the features they've cut.
The lack of a depot update really is the most damning, irrefutable proof that Helius is lying through his teeth. But if you were to post that on their Discord, you'd be banned faster than you can say 'oops'. And thus, the lemmings will continue to pour money into Helius's pocket.

ProlapseScamulus

Mar 7, 2018
The lack of a depot update really is the most damning, irrefutable proof that Helius is lying through his teeth. But if you were to post that on their Discord, you'd be banned faster than you can say 'oops'. And thus, the lemmings will continue to pour money into Helius's pocket.
multiple year backer that can confirm, any questions regarding the legitimacy of this project will just have you out right banned. wouldnt be surprised at all if all 14k of their patrons are just people that dont realize they never canceled their 4$ support. anyone and everyone whos supported anything over the minimum 30$ for the game has likely been banned by now for questioning why their money is being used as shit tickets.

ProlapseScamulus

Mar 7, 2018
>" The build is gonna launch in about 48 hours. Please note that a last minute delay of hours to a day is still possible as part of the game's network traffic now runs through Steam's CDN network, which may need some extra time to synchronize and is out of our control. "

>also the promise of a release regardless of bugs.

>120 hours ago

>absolute radio silence from devs and project management

taboge9459

Nov 16, 2021
You have peaked my interest with the depot, I completely forgot we can see that. You need to check his closed beta one, there was an update 4 and 8 days ago.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But the last build update before that was 13 months ago.

So they've not tested a single line of code in their sandbox environment for the past 13 months. Which is kinda damning, because we ended at 0.4, this upcoming is being listed as 0.7, and at least 2 changes like the steam-patreon link, and the network rework would need to test through the dev sandbox in order for anyone to know it's working and "done".

This really does seem half assed and rushed in response to that pcgamer article. No wonder all his staff are missing internal deadlines, they probably only heard about this the same day the discord server did.

Last edited:

Xerxes606

Oct 19, 2017
This is so very sadly true. Damning proof indeed. Sucks too, looked like a great game then came all the nonsense and poor management that went along with it.

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
>" The build is gonna launch in about 48 hours. Please note that a last minute delay of hours to a day is still possible as part of the game's network traffic now runs through Steam's CDN network, which may need some extra time to synchronize and is out of our control. "

>also the promise of a release regardless of bugs.

>120 hours ago

>absolute radio silence from devs and project management
Well that is easy
->27.02 = we will release ASAP regardless of bugs
-> 2.03 = ...............

No idea how that works but I imagine they could have separate fork for dev work that we can't see or smth.

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
You have peaked my interest with the depot, I completely forgot we can see that. You need to check his closed beta one, there was an update 4 and 8 days ago.
Oh yeah I'm aware of the one 4 days ago, I even made a post here about it, however at one point yesterday there were claims that a new build was being uploaded and then that they were waiting on Steam to process and approve it.

Unfortunately that discussion was on their Steam Forums and all I have now is:

I presume their Discord has been similarly cleansed unless anybody here screen grabbed anything. If they were waiting on people who missed deadlines etc. a 4 day old depot would also be completely irrelevant.
No idea how that works but I imagine they could have separate fork for dev work that we can't see or smth.
You can't hide depots in Steam, only set a password. Even for you can see all their test depots and guess when they're likely prepping a patch etc. You can just , but for testing purposes you'd probably want to actually deliver it via Steam. (I stand corrected on this, it still uploads the metadata about the build to Steam).

Last edited:

ProlapseScamulus

Mar 7, 2018
the last update on their discord was that everything was processed in steam and was being dev tested for bugs before they put it live. that was close to 36 hours ago

RoadAnarchy

Jun 9, 2021
Since this title will rely purely upon being always online and dependent on servers, I can see this title having the same fate as Babylon's Fall.
I may be wrong here, but I don't trust Helius to keep this game healthy enough to last as a live service game.

Smaild

Jan 29, 2018
Unfortunately this video game was just foam and a little beer.

I bought it since the game looked promising (I only paid 35 for the Steam key), but I see that it was a mistake. You have to admit, it was a scam.

1677893726977.png

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes