nyatd

Creator Of Falling Stars
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
OK, dude, gimme like 15 minutes or so and I'll get it up on Mega for ya ;) You need PC, Mac or Android?

nyatd

Creator Of Falling Stars
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
link for PC version. I will put the other versions on MEGA tomorrow for anyone that wants them. Hope you enjoy it, KnuckleDragger79!

EDIT : MEGA links are now up for all versions

Last edited:

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
Well. I am at the part were the MC just got done talking to Yuki for the first time in the cafeteria. You want some "constructive criticism". So hold onto your ass, because shit is just about to get real.

For your first try in making a game, I must say that you are doing better than most Devs that have been doing this for years. The grammar and spelling are great, the renders are awesome and the story is original.

Keep doing what you are doing and DO NOT skip out on the story to save time to push out a new update. I have seen too many Devs do that and this game is too good for that.

I look forward to seeing more of this.

• Yay, new update!
  • Red Heart
Reactions: nyatd and Lerd0

nyatd

Creator Of Falling Stars
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
Well. I am at the part were the MC just got done talking to Yuki for the first time in the cafeteria. You want some "constructive criticism". So hold onto your ass, because shit is just about to get real.

For your first try in making a game, I must say that you are doing better than most Devs that have been doing this for years. The grammar and spelling are great, the renders are awesome and the story is original.

Keep doing what you are doing and DO NOT skip out on the story to save time to push out a new update. I have seen too many Devs do that and this game is too good for that.

I look forward to seeing more of this.
Thank you so much, man! That's really amazing to hear :love: I've worked really fucking hard on this, so to hear things like that absolutely makes my day! And as to the updates, yeah...I have been having the temptation to rush things to meet a non existent deadline but you're totally right. It would just be a disservice to our girls. So I appreciate that comment, it was probably something I needed to hear today. But don't worry, that doesn't mean I've just tacked on another couple of months to the next release, hahaha!

OH! And one more thing. Mirai's eyes are fucking magical. Don't change them......
No plans to! I really like her eyes. Initially, because they came out so well, I was planning to change all the girls eyes to something similar but I like that it gave Mirai a unique look, so they are going to remain hers and hers alone :)

• Love
Reactions: KnuckleDragger79

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Just started playing, only a few minutes in but I am really enjoying it. One "constructive criticism" is that there are a lot of "double blank spaces" between dialogue boxes and it is confusing. For example, after Yuki comes out you say she looks pissed off, you click and Saki replies, the next click closes the dialogue box, the click after that is blank, and then the third click brings up the next scene. These show up frequently and it seems like you are using them for transitions but it feels very unnatural for one of these games. I keep wondering if the game froze or something.

Reactions: nyatd

nyatd

Creator Of Falling Stars
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
Just started playing, only a few minutes in but I am really enjoying it. One "constructive criticism" is that there are a lot of "double blank spaces" between dialogue boxes and it is confusing. For example, after Yuki comes out you say she looks pissed off, you click and Saki replies, the next click closes the dialogue box, the click after that is blank, and then the third click brings up the next scene. These show up frequently and it seems like you are using them for transitions but it feels very unnatural for one of these games. I keep wondering if the game froze or something.
You're right, this was something I was doing early on in the game before I really knew what I was doing. It doesn't happen anymore, in fact, you've probably by now got to the point where it stops! I've been going back and removing all of these unnecessary pauses, so it won't be an issue going forward. Thanks for pointing it out though, it's definitely the sort of thing I would usually miss :)

Reactions: Doctor Shark

nyatd

Creator Of Falling Stars
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
New progress report is up on Some important news in there about future updates and a couple of other things, so please take a look :)

Nov 26, 2021
New progress report is up on Some important news in there about future updates and a couple of other things, so please take a look :)
Just subbed after reading there's no ntr or sharing with other guys can't believe I missed that post, anyway good luck with the future hope you get more support soon

• Red Heart
Reactions: nyatd

nyatd

Creator Of Falling Stars
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
The latest review of the game on here, by Doctor Shark, is a very fair one (Thanks, Doc!) which raises some points I think I should make. The main thrust of his constructive criticism, I felt, was that the game right now isn't really a VN, nor is it really a sandbox. Which is a totally valid assesment.
BUT...! I have a lot more stuff planned for the sandbox element of the game. I will be adding things like repeatable sex scenes and sleepovers with the main girls, a LOT more stuff to do in the training section and more of the smaller side events like Sunset's road stories and Taka's phone calls. (None of this will result in a lot of grinding, though, I promise!)
Here's the issue, though. I'll be totally honest with you all, I HUGELY underestimated how much work this thing would be, and believe me, I did NOT come into it thinking it was gonna be easy! Falling Stars is basically already a second full time job for me, which is totally fine with me, because I love Todogawa and all our crazy friends there but the time spent on the real life job kinda dictates that the smaller things need to get put on the back burner at times.
So, plenty more varied content WILL be coming, but I'm not going to rush out any lower quality, throw away stuff just to have a few more boxes to click on. Just bear with me and I will do my best to make sure the new stuff will be worth the wait!
EDIT: Just wanted to be clear, I'm not taking issue with the review. I think it was fair, balanced and very complimentary, just more taking issue with myself than anything else, hahaha!

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
The latest review of the game on here, by Doctor Shark, is a very fair one (Thanks, Doc!) which raises some points I think I should make. The main thrust of his constructive criticism, I felt, was that the game right now isn't really a VN, nor is it really a sandbox. Which is a totally valid assesment.
BUT...! I have a lot more stuff planned for the sandbox element of the game. I will be adding things like repeatable sex scenes and sleepovers with the main girls, a LOT more stuff to do in the training section and more of the smaller side events like Sunset's road stories and Taka's phone calls. (None of this will result in a lot of grinding, though, I promise!)
Here's the issue, though. I'll be totally honest with you all, I HUGELY underestimated how much work this thing would be, and believe me, I did NOT come into it thinking it was gonna be easy! Falling Stars is basically already a second full time job for me, which is totally fine with me, because I love Todogawa and all our crazy friends there but the time spent on the real life job kinda dictates that the smaller things need to get put on the back burner at times.
So, plenty more varied content WILL be coming, but I'm not going to rush out any lower quality, throw away stuff just to have a few more boxes to click on. Just bear with me and I will do my best to make sure the new stuff will be worth the wait!
EDIT: Just wanted to be clear, I'm not taking issue with the review. I think it was fair, balanced and very complimentary, just more taking issue with myself than anything else, hahaha!
Well the thing with sandbox engines (to be fair to you) is that you have to start with a foundation, which you did. Of course there's going to be more with it as time goes on.(look at runey's harem hotel. at the start it was pretty minimalistic but as time goes on it got so much larger) I fully expect things to become more and more developed as you progress more and more. You're only on 0.2 right now so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. You've put a lot of time into it and it shows. Of course I think it's good to take criticism in stride, and he did hit good points but I do think you're not giving yourself a whole lot of credit, as I mean as you stated you're already working 1 full time job. I do absolutely love the direction you're taking the story and I know others do as well. <3 Be kind to yourself Nya, you're doing great. :giggle:

nyatd

Creator Of Falling Stars
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
New Progress Report is up on Patreon! Includes the release date for the new version (Just over a week away) and a preview image of the SFW version of the first Yuki subscriber wallpaper. But, since I figured you guys might like a look at the NSFW one as well...here it is :)
Yuki NSFW Phone shrink2.png

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes