MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I totally agree.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But I guess we will know more as the story unfolds. But I dislike how MC responds to situations so far...his creeping and childish behavior brings a high cringe factor. I hope the story gets better, and the writing stops making MC look like a creepy idiot with the girls. Time to grow up and be a man.

Last edited:

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Hm...there is a rather larger discrepancy between the prolog and chapter one.

Not in the art department. Visuals are still great. Animations too.

But the story or character design got wonky.

I feel like (= that means it's a personal opinion) that the behavior shown in
the prolog did fit the characters more or better but in the first chapter a lot is off.
Espcially the behavior of the protagonist. The random groping of everything female?

Some other stuff feels out of place or rather feels like out of a manga.
For example the protagonist being a bumbling idiot, then immediatly hugging the little girl,
AND then the flying drop kick to his face.

Also the constant groping like that lewd old man trope you see in manga.

For me it doesn't really matches the character shown in the prologue.

Don't get me wrong, I am not shitting on this AVN and I can understand some
of the ideas and why certain things are done the way they are and I rarely say neagtive
stuff about AVNs on here because I appreciate the effort all the devs put in but
this one need more rigour.

But I also have to note that if the dev(s) is/are asian (which could well be since
some of the scenes and behavioural patterns seem to be straight out of a manga)
there could be some cultural difference involved that makes it more confusing
for me as a random bloke form europe with only little exposure to manga while
it would make more sense to someone asian and/or well versed in manga.

Maybe the dev(s) wanted to make it more light hearted or comical since the prologue
was rather negative with Lilly's death and the rape?

Maybe some stuff will make more sense later on when we got more updates.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Girls in that neighborhood were either forced into prostitution or gang bang victims,
like exhibited by the debut movie as a starring/director of that the pianist protagonist, adrian brody, where gang bangers get young girls by force and rape them after stuffing them with molly or other drugs.

Even bronx tale shows young girls made into prostitutes, like the norm in this game, as a way to survive.

The girls avoided all of it by MC and Lucas beating up the other gang bangers.

These girls got the small dealing free agents small thieves young up nd comers MC and Lucas.

Remember the whole shoot out. They had to grow up and face the music.
MC lost one girl, then the other took it upon herself to help him, she faced the music, Lucas was with hookers,
MC was drunk and abusing her, but she stuck to him, she forgave all his horrible mistreatments.

Sometimes taking a wolf off the table might bring you a bear or a hunter instead, so your abused rabbit
is fkked either way.
Thanks for the explanation but it doesn't change my opinion, possibly it reinforces it.

Oh god, what a game.

Positive things
  • the characters are good looking.

Negative things
  • the story is strange. MC has been gone for years without any contact with his own girlfriend and child. No man would do that to his girlfriend and child.
  • Olivia is a lying and manipulative bitch. She fuck immediately MC's best friend when MC leaves. Neither would be in my life anymore at that point. That thing ruined this game.
  • I don't raise other men's children, especially when this child is the result of cheating. And my best friend's child with whom my own girlfriend is cheating. Maybe it wouldn't have betrayed the MC if this shitty MC had kept in touch or stayed in the fucking city.
  • Olivia lies to MC's daughter. Which I would never forgive.
  • MC's daughter is a complete asshole. Every second made me press the CTRL button to the bottom. I just can't stand that kind of behavior every time she opens her mouth. Nothing good will come of it.
  • Every woman in this game thinks the MC is some fucking idiot old piece of shit. Maybe they're right, but it ruins the game by a hell of a lot. Perhaps the best character in the game is, ironically, Ellie, who is nice, but damn, who is the one I don't want in the game for those reasons mentioned above.
  • Lily's death was so ridiculously done.
  • I'm not interested in looking at other dicks.
  • I don't share my women, even if they are whores. Not interested in MMF.

I don't know if I forgot to bring something up, but no more this game.
What you put doesn't sound good to me. I think I'm going to send the game to the ignore box.

Reactions: NakkiMuki

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
Hm...there is a rather larger discrepancy between the prolog and chapter one.

Not in the art department. Visuals are still great. Animations too.

But the story or character design got wonky.

I feel like (= that means it's a personal opinion) that the behavior shown in
the prolog did fit the characters more or better but in the first chapter a lot is off.
Espcially the behavior of the protagonist. The random groping of everything female?

Some other stuff feels out of place or rather feels like out of a manga.
For example the protagonist being a bumbling idiot, then immediatly hugging the little girl,
AND then the flying drop kick to his face.

Also the constant groping like that lewd old man trope you see in manga.

For me it doesn't really matches the character shown in the prologue.

Don't get me wrong, I am not shitting on this AVN and I can understand some
of the ideas and why certain things are done the way they are and I rarely say neagtive
stuff about AVNs on here because I appreciate the effort all the devs put in but
this one need more rigour.

But I also have to note that if the dev(s) is/are asian (which could well be since
some of the scenes and behavioural patterns seem to be straight out of a manga)
there could be some cultural difference involved that makes it more confusing
for me as a random bloke form europe with only little exposure to manga while
it would make more sense to someone asian and/or well versed in manga.

Maybe the dev(s) wanted to make it more light hearted or comical since the prologue
was rather negative with Lilly's death and the rape?

Maybe some stuff will make more sense later on when we got more updates.

The dev could just be a weeb who's padding his word count with cheapo cookie cutter scenes? When's the yoga scene btw? cause if it's not in here it will be.

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Well, the second Update felt a bit strange when it comes to Story and the writing. Maybe it's for real what the Dev wrote, that he is already tired of writing. The first release where mostly ok, but it had already some problems where it needed improvement. After the Second Release it feels, that it will need even more improvement then before as it seems that the Story got worse. Not to mention that the MC has not grown up in the 20 years and seems to be even dumber than before.

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
I loved the story of cap 0, let's see where we go with what's cooking...

H_NGM_N666

Nov 25, 2020
I like where the game is going. Ok, mc and Lucas are more or less the same child and don´t grew up. I kind of like that but sometimes it is a bit toooo much. The reaction from the bartender after the first spank is normal but that she would forgive him so fast?

I would wish the story about his disappearance after Lilys death where much more realistic. Why can´t he leave with Olivia? Why does he come back after 20 Years? Mia and Ellie (which is mc´s daughter too) would be at college and not high school. Mia also has a foto of her dad on the nightstand, so she must have seen his face and must have recognise him as her dad. Also it is not logic that they know the name of Mia´s dad? Then you come unannounced and tell them your name and then it doesn´t make click?

But all around i like the game very much and cant wait for the next update

2mdlhaJL

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2019
Czn't load save
While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 273, in script
python:
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 662, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
python:
python:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "renpy/game.py", line 344, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1102, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 771, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "renpy/python.py", line 2200, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2014, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "renpy/python.py", line 1932, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Family Again v0.2.1
Sat Jul 16 22:48:58 2022
I can't reproduce it. Can you try a new save and tell me if the problem has reappeared?

2mdlhaJL

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2019
The start was quite ok, but after the first scene with Olivia (the rape one), it went downhill for a while.
Where the game basically lost me, was the fact that Olivia so sincerly said, that she was in love with the MC and would wait for him, and then BAM! 15y later the MC returns only to find out, she did have thing with his so called best friend. And considering that they also have a daughter close to the age of MCs daughter tells also that they basically started fucking right after MC left them. Olivia wanted to have MCs child and hated Lucas btw. At that point the story and the behavior of the characters made zero sense anymore. I mean, the MC was a idiot and a dick right from the beginning, so was Lucas, but this plot twist was more than dumb.
I've added a lot of hints to the future story in this version.

Last edited:

2mdlhaJL

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2019
The more I read from this update, and the sheer fact that I can't load a save from the first update makes me want to give up on this game.
I don't know why yet, but you can open a new save, I may be too big to change the structure, I will be careful in the future.

Reactions: H_NGM_N666

2mdlhaJL

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2019
I want to say what's with all the rape jokes, but then the way the MC acts towards Ellie is pretty predatory so it fits. Some mistakes in the dialogue like with Nova and the MC saying she is Nova's niece when he meant Lucas. Not sure where the game is going, but I'll give it another release before deciding whether to move on or not. It was a pretty lengthy update so that is a plus.
I'll fix the errors you mentioned in the next update, thanks for the report.

2mdlhaJL

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2019
Ho lee sheet it sucks to be this MC.

Just how shit is his life?

He loses one of the women he loves to a gang. The woman that picked him up and he fell in love with afterwards had discarded him and screwed his best friend having a kid with him. His own daughter doesn't even know who he is and hates her dads guts anyway.

He fucked himself up to give them a happy life without fear and came back to realise he'd lost everything and nothing was ever going to be the same.

It will never work with Olivia. He loved her but the woman he loved has gone, she's moved on and there is no going back.

His daughter is just an utter bitch. The thing with that is if he was going to make it work he needed to have told her straight away because now he's lying to her and there can never be any trust s unless the dev can write some magical gymnastic loophole, the daughter is always going to be the girl with the lying twat of a father.

His best bet is to move on. There is no family there anymore.

I'm not even saying that to be a bitch. I thought Olivia was awesome, in the prologue she was by far my fave character and I hoped they would get together. However, she was right, she's had a kid with his best friend and that's always going to be there. Frankly it is quite off putting. I'd rather he moved on himself and found someone new.

He's also lied to the daughter far too much to make that work. Should have been honest from the start and then tried to rebuild from there but constant lying means there is no ground to build up from, she could never trust him.

Sadly he was better off not coming back. To wake up everyday and realise you'd lost everything over and over again just sucks.
Sometimes honesty takes significant courage, and I believe we all have times when we don't want to face reality.

Jan 21, 2018
Its like they invited a geezer in a body of a decent looking person back in the house lol. This game has revolutionized the concept of old geezers!!!

2mdlhaJL

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2019
I'm not sure on ages but even if it is his there is still far too much lying going on and it's not a good look on any of them.

MC looks like a douche for constantly lying to his daughter, a daughter he already needs to put in a ton of work to get forgiveness from.

I don't see any way of things working with Olivia. Even if the kid is his not only has she lied about that to the MC she has also been lying to her daughter and Lucas which is fucked up beyond anything.

So with Olivia she either fucked over the man she claims to have loved and had a relationship with his best friend or she fucked over everyone and has been lying for years.

Either way she has no redeeming qualities for a future relationship.

I don't know what I was expecting when he came back but all the lies and damn near everyone looking like cunts wasn't it.

Even overlooking the lies in his family he and Lucas basically pushed a girl into fucking them for a job and seems Lucas has been doing this for years.

Nobody came out of this update looking good, not a single person.

I just don't get what the game is supposed to be.

At first I thought it was a redemption story. He goes away, comes back years later to win back gis family thus the title.

But ... that aint it. He comes back then starts lying then more lies then a bit of cuntish behavior. I loved Olivia in the prologue but I left the update not even liking her a little bit. The youngest was the only one not looking like a complete prick by the end but give her time and she'll fit right in.

I think it's safe to say I just don't get it.

Like I said, it doesn't really matter, she screwed up either way.

Either she is the MC's daughter in which case Olivia has been lying to Lucas and Ellie for years. If Lucas is in on it she's still been lying to Ellie for years.

Or she IS the daughter of Lucas and Olivia basically jumped in bed with the best friend of the guy she claims to have loved enough to want to steal him from her best friend. Didn't take her long to start bouncing on another dick.

I don't know what the best outcome is because the MC isn't exactly a decent guy so i'm confused what the best path is for that.
If you do not understand the story now, you are correct, I left a lot of ambiguity in this chapter, I do not want to make this story like some ordinary romance novel.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I've added a lot of hints to the future story in this version.
As for now, the way the characters behave and the story is written, the damage is done. I don't know how your plans are to safe this. And as you can see from the comments of other people, I'm not alone. For now, your game won't have any priority for me and stays on ignore. I will give you the benefit of a doubt and may take a look on your next one or two updates. IF you can safe your game and convince me, that this was the right choice, I may even stick to it, but for now, there is no way I believe you can manage. You need to keep in mind, even with hints, we can only interpret what you show us (renders) and what we can read. We don't know your intentions. And as far as it goes now, nobody behaves in any way believable. Especially Olivia and the MC!

Reactions: Majindevil

2mdlhaJL

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2019
all i wanted was Olivia/Mia back ...

quick question : why do you give us a few choices to make them all end the same way ?
its not like others games don't do this also .. it just sucks , when i choose an answer and get the same results no matter my choice :unsure:

TIP:
even people that haven't seen each other for 20-30 years are pretty much the same as the last you talk with them with little to no change in them ...... i'm 60 believe me i know this for a fact ...... ;)
I have added a point system in this version, and your current choices will have an impact in the future.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
I'm not sure on ages but even if it is his there is still far too much lying going on and it's not a good look on any of them.

MC looks like a douche for constantly lying to his daughter, a daughter he already needs to put in a ton of work to get forgiveness from.

I don't see any way of things working with Olivia. Even if the kid is his not only has she lied about that to the MC she has also been lying to her daughter and Lucas which is fucked up beyond anything.

So with Olivia she either fucked over the man she claims to have loved and had a relationship with his best friend or she fucked over everyone and has been lying for years.

Either way she has no redeeming qualities for a future relationship.

I don't know what I was expecting when he came back but all the lies and damn near everyone looking like cunts wasn't it.

Even overlooking the lies in his family he and Lucas basically pushed a girl into fucking them for a job and seems Lucas has been doing this for years.

Nobody came out of this update looking good, not a single person.

I just don't get what the game is supposed to be.

At first I thought it was a redemption story. He goes away, comes back years later to win back gis family thus the title.

But ... that aint it. He comes back then starts lying then more lies then a bit of cuntish behavior. I loved Olivia in the prologue but I left the update not even liking her a little bit. The youngest was the only one not looking like a complete prick by the end but give her time and she'll fit right in.

I think it's safe to say I just don't get it.

Like I said, it doesn't really matter, she screwed up either way.

Either she is the MC's daughter in which case Olivia has been lying to Lucas and Ellie for years. If Lucas is in on it she's still been lying to Ellie for years.

Or she IS the daughter of Lucas and Olivia basically jumped in bed with the best friend of the guy she claims to have loved enough to want to steal him from her best friend. Didn't take her long to start bouncing on another dick.

I don't know what the best outcome is because the MC isn't exactly a decent guy so i'm confused what the best path is for that.
Thank you for helping me avoid this dumpster fire before i got attached to the characters. I was also duped by the overview putting it like it was gonna be a redemption story. I would pin this comment to the overview to let people know the minefield they are walking into if i could.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 37 Votes