jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, with the whole Apple thing, I first thought she was Olivia and was in near shock until I saw a few subtle differences as well as Lucas lowering Olivia's picture, signifying his embarrassment of using a look alike to compensate for the true version.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Seems to be a broken path, When you first meet the bartender you can choose to spank or not to. If you chose not to that choice is ignored. The next time you encounter the bartender the only option is to "Spank her again" even though you never did in the first place. So of course she gets pissed off and punches you, proceeds to scold you for doing it "again".

Also, Speaking of the bartenter. When you meet her for the first time she knows and recognizes that you're her boss but then 2 lines of text later she proceeds to call you stupid multiple times. In fact she just proceeds to treat you like shit and you take it like a little bitch. Actually come to think of it everyone seems to treat you like a little bitch. Feels like poor writing.

Last edited:

zoislk

Dec 9, 2019
Seems to be a broken path, When you first meet the bartender you can choose to spank or not to. If you chose not to that choice is ignored. The next time you encounter the bartender the only option is to "Spank her again" even though you never did in the first place. So of course she gets pissed off and punches you, proceeds to scold you for doing it "again".

Also, Speaking of the bartenter. When you meet her for the first time she knows and recognizes that you're her boss but then 2 lines of text later she proceeds to call you stupid multiple times. In fact she just proceeds to treat you like shit and you take it like a little bitch. Actually come to think of it everyone seems to treat you like a little bitch. Feels like poor writing.
Yeah, there are a few other instances where if you choose a different option the game doesn't seem to recognize it in later dialogue. And several instances where the characters seemingly forget what they previously knew. Writing is certainly not a strong point in this VN, unfortunately.

Reactions: Arcane666

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Agreed, I think it's downright impossible for anyone to remain celibate for 8 years just for the hope the person they love will return, and as you pointed out, MC wasn't the most decent person around and the relationship was definitely very fucked up for a while. If anything, I'd have been hella surprised if Olivia didn't have a few flings here and there, at least a few times here and there during the 8 year period.
its was 20 years since the MC had left and came back ;)

zoislk

Dec 9, 2019
its was 20 years since the MC had left and came back ;)
Yeah, it's not reasonable to assume an attractive adult would remain celibate throughout their entire 20s and 30s in the hopes that some day they may be reunited with a former lover, even if you ignored the character flaws of the MC.

EDIT: Also, can anyone confirm that the patch is actually working? I initially started playing through this without the patch, but it seems clear the daughters should be in their teens (16-18 for June/Mia, probably 14 or so for Ellie) rather than 20ish so I wanted to use the patch but it always says it's been 20 years whenever I start a new game. The patch is in the correct folder (/game) and the filename is correct ("patch") so not sure why it's not working for me. Even tried deleting the appdata file and a fresh install in case it was an issue of persistence between different playthroughs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImperialD
Aug 22, 2021
Yeah, it's not reasonable to assume an attractive adult would remain celibate throughout their entire 20s and 30s in the hopes that some day they may be reunited with a former lover, even if you ignored the character flaws of the MC.

EDIT: Also, can anyone confirm that the patch is actually working? I initially started playing through this without the patch, but it seems clear the daughters should be in their teens (16-18 for June/Mia, probably 14 or so for Ellie) rather than 20ish so I wanted to use the patch but it always says it's been 20 years whenever I start a new game. The patch is in the correct folder (/game) and the filename is correct ("patch") so not sure why it's not working for me.
When the game was first was released it was 15 without patch and 10 with patch.
Next update it was 20 and 15.
This update it's 20 so maybe a new patch is missing.

Impressive update. Next one will be interesting with the hinted beach trip.

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
just tried this and all dialogue, except the one section where it asks me to name MC, is in chinese or whatever language this is.

i have english selected in settings and tried switching it to and fro but makes zero difference.
a problem with the compressed version or patch?

zoislk

Dec 9, 2019
just tried this and all dialogue, except the one section where it asks me to name MC, is in chinese or whatever language this is.

i have english selected in settings and tried switching it to and fro but makes zero difference.
a problem with the compressed version or patch?
weird; for me (playing into the second chapter) it's all in english except for one screen that was posted by ImperialD a few pages ago. I didn't used the compressed version, though, and I'm not sure the patch is actually working.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

EDIT: Also, can anyone confirm that the patch is actually working? I initially started playing through this without the patch, but it seems clear the daughters should be in their teens (16-18 for June/Mia, probably 14 or so for Ellie) rather than 20ish so I wanted to use the patch but it always says it's been 20 years whenever I start a new game. The patch is in the correct folder (/game) and the filename is correct ("patch") so not sure why it's not working for me. Even tried deleting the appdata file and a fresh install in case it was an issue of persistence between different playthroughs.
i used the patch from the last version ;)

Comaco

Aug 10, 2017
weird; for me (playing into the second chapter) it's all in english except for one screen that was posted by ImperialD a few pages ago. I didn't used the compressed version, though, and I'm not sure the patch is actually working.
I'm pretty sure I saw no differences with or without the various patches people have attached in this thread. Neither in family relationships, nor the length of time the MC was away.

I wonder if anyone has made the effort to extract the .rpa archive to check what the patch actually does?

zoislk

Dec 9, 2019
i used the patch from the last version ;)
and it's working correctly? do you mind sharing?

The two that have been posted on here the last couple of days (one by NakedSingularity as included in the OP, and one from groudor) are identical and don't seem to be working. Both were supposedly from previous versions as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImperialD

zoislk

Dec 9, 2019
the patch from version 2 i believe ,, works for me View attachment 2070322 View attachment 2070322
Huh, that's weird. That patch is identical to the other two and still doesn't work, despite it being in the /game folder and properly named. Not sure why it works for you but not for me (and apparently some others). Always says "it's been 20 years since I left X City" at the start of Chapter 0.

Thanks for trying though!

mikoko67

Jan 26, 2021
not much "content", but it was a really good transition chapter with lots of story's development.
Can't wait to see the next part

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Huh, that's weird. That patch is identical to the other two and still doesn't work, despite it being in the /game folder and properly named. Not sure why it works for you but not for me (and apparently some others). Always says "it's been 20 years since I left X City" at the start of Chapter 0.

Thanks for trying though!
your not using a mod are you ... it could be the problem :unsure:

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Due to the multi game mod not functioning for this title...If anyone is looking for a simple way to see what's behind the choices made in the game... I use the "0x52_URM" tool. Just drop the file into your game folder. (Make sure the renpy story your using this with is not running.)

3.20 star(s) 37 Votes