3.30 star(s) 8 Votes

Deleted member 2309595

Game Developer
May 8, 2020
They're probably playing with the patch.rpy (L_patch) installed. Most of the content added with that patch is just displaying black screens with dialogue and an "image not found" message at the top left corner.
I'm guessing that the patch is not coded correctly, or there are some assets that are actually missing?
let me check that up and fix it.

Reactions: MythMackay

MythMackay

Feb 29, 2020
let me check that up and fix it.
The new file is patch.rpyc which is different from the original patch.rpy. Should the new file be copied to the game folder by itself or with the original patch.rpy? I've tried it both ways and am still not seeing the images, and I restarted the game from the beginning both times.

primeumaton

May 4, 2017
First impression: Is that it?
No seriously that was my first stop and think moment. It's very short right now.

I didn't dislike anything in particular yet though.

tgbyhn2008

Aug 16, 2017
The first thing I usually try to do in games like this is to see if I can use a blank name for the MC. While I prefer a default name for the MC, it is just good coding practice to test if input is valid, in this case not blank. If you receive input, be it from a user or even another system it is always good practice to test if it is valid before trying to use it.

Deleted member 2309595

Game Developer
May 8, 2020
The first thing I usually try to do in games like this is to see if I can use a blank name for the MC. While I prefer a default name for the MC, it is just good coding practice to test if input is valid, in this case not blank. If you receive input, be it from a user or even another system it is always good practice to test if it is valid before trying to use it.
I'm Sorry but what do you mean by that?

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Family By Fate [v0.3]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Family By Fate [v0.3]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Here is the Italian translation
of Family By Fate [v0.2]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Family By Fate [v0.2]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Last edited:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
deathyface

Windows defender is junk and the only thing it's good at is throwing out false positives. If you want the file scanned correctly use virustotal to scan the file as it scans the file with all of the well known good virus scanners.

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018
Patch shows as trojan in Windows Defender.
the alerts are false positives, compiling an exe package without certification generates a security error. alternatively just use the package to unpack .rar / .zip
I remain available for any question ;)

myuhinny
Thanks

virustotal gives me the green light
:coffee:
I can guarantee that they are the same files as the compact package transformed into exe for alternative installation convenience.

Bnzdotcom

May 13, 2021
It's a decent idea. The dialog is rather wonky with grammar errors and weird structure but the game shows promise. Good luck to you in the future.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
MacroxssZ
The reason why the mod from lewdpatcher is not working is you forget there to put the images into the file.

3.30 star(s) 8 Votes