Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

truien

Mar 17, 2020
Eight chapters and still only 363MB? How is that possible? I can see from the thread that the story is purely linear so it makes some sense, but still that number seems low. Can anyone who's played vouch for the amount of content relative to other games/VNs that have this much development behind them?

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
wow some update my save point was july 17th right when everyone was in back of the cop car
fast forward to NOW and ended in the exact same spot so thinking wtf got updated?
If I am Understanding you correctly sounds like you are stuck at the end of chapter 2? That is the only chapter that ended in the back of the cop car. Did you try accessing new chapters from the start menu? Or clicking the "continue with story" tab at the end of the chapters?

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
NTR usually disgusts me but I like it in this game for some reason.

Seems more like sharing to me, MC is getting his rocks off watching her get exploited. A hot MILF like her deserves to get destroyed imo.
Because it's not NTR until Becky gets her share of the darkness. NTR only pertains to your sexual partner. Last I check the male MC does not fuck his own mother. NTR is defined as "cheating/unfaithfulness in a relationship". Let's not be like every other loser who thinks that anyone else getting laid aside from the main character is "NTR". Yes, you get a similar feeling of being wronged when you see Mom getting raped but it's not NTR. It's just rape and blackmail.

Also you guys should support the game. It's a great game that deserves more subscribers. I know yall got paid from that federal stimulus check, or that unemployment if you're in the USA.

Chef25

Nov 2, 2020
I have really liked this, up to this point. In chapter 8 however, I'm not sure that I am liking how Parker's attitude is changing. I'm not talking about how the cop is causing him to think, but how he
is drifting into being completely manipulative all on his own.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Eight chapters and still only 363MB? How is that possible? I can see from the thread that the story is purely linear so it makes some sense, but still that number seems low. Can anyone who's played vouch for the amount of content relative to other games/VNs that have this much development behind them?
Two factors contribute to the size. The first is that this game is done at 1280x720. A lot of games are done at 1920x1080. That's a factor of about 2.25 right there. In addition, I post-process the images out of Daz Studio to reduce their size. Essentially, I've been making a very conscious effort to keep the overall game size within reason, so that the various people who do compressed versions of games don't have to sweat this one. :)

But, for the record, right now the game has over 2,000 images, and 49 webm animations.

hasagawa

Feb 8, 2018
on the one hand, i really want to see becky get into some troubles. but i also wish to see MC saves her and the mom in the end...

Reactions: Panos24
3.90 star(s) 66 Votes