Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

garret64

Feb 9, 2019
hello, very compliments on this visual novel. Really very beautiful and more and more compelling.(y)
Keep it up, maybe even giving that extra spicy something....
somehow you have to wean little Becky:love:
Melissa needs to start going with others besides the young cop too:love::love:
and Parker's sister also needs to start engaging more.:love:

an information:
does the Italian version for this game also exist here? I can see on the forum, many games have been translated by fans
Right, Parker's sister Melinda should be forced into intimate dealings with the cops in front of her boyfriend

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
Today's update on SubscribeStar:

Progress Update for Fans and Above

Just a quick progress update on Chapter 9. The script is done (barring the inevitable last-minute editing) and the renders are complete for about 60% of the total. (That number is slightly misleading, as the end of the story is a bit more render-heavy than the beginning, but...)

Just a bit of a teaser: This is going to be a pivotal chapter in the story.

For some reason - possibly because this is a kinetic novel - a quote from The Matrix Reloaded has been running through my mind...

Morpheus: Everything begins with choice.
Merovingian: No. Wrong. Choice is an illusion, created between those with power, and those without.

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
After finishing chapter 8 my opinions of several characters have changed - and not necessarily for the better. Officers Paul and Bill seemed to delight in playing the roles of good cop/bad cop, but its now looking like they're actually bad cop/worse cop. Assuming they're not acting out a role for Parker, misogyny seems to be their primary goal, with the intent of setting him on the same path in future.

I love Melissa. There's nothing she wouldn't do to protect her children and the officers know that, but it also limits how far they can push her each time, or they'll lose their leverage over her. They could order her to teach all her classes in the nude and she'd obey, but she'd be unemployed by the end of the day - because there's no way her students could keep that a secret. An unemployed housewife under a major scandal offers them far fewer opportunities for humiliation, hence the lost leverage. There's always her affair with Tom...

If their misogyny is genuine, they'll know the only way they can utterly break Melissa is to turn Parker against her and have him join her abusers. That would explain their current actions and previous chapters have made it clear that Parker can't out think them, or set a trap they won't easily see through. There's obvious inconsistencies in the story they're trying to sell him about Melissa, but he's currently too deep in shock to examine them. Double that if they start putting pressure on Becky.

Carl may yet turn out to be the hero/MC of this story, unlikely as it may seem! He's an honest pervert, loyal to his friends and surprisingly insightful when it counts. If Parker's smart enough to confide in him, Carl should be able to set him straight. Whether they can come up with a way to trick the officers into believing they've succeeded is another matter...

Just my 2c as a new reader. ;)

Last edited:

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
Carl's comments about his 'megapixel camera' being superior to the 'low res' alternatives were historically accurate, if we assume that the novel is set in the early noughties. This was the era of the mobile flip phone (remember the Motorola RazR?), when high end models had cameras topping out at 0.3 megapixels with 2 inch phone displays. Those of us who couldn't afford such luxury made do with cheaper models that took pictures at 160 x 120 pixels, which is much smaller than the image thumbnails used in Windows today. They weren't very good at capturing detail, which probably explains why Carl was so enthusiastic about his.

Rich is definitely a Heinlein fan with Parker's quotes about lying convincingly, so I'm waiting for him to use the 'purloined letter' approach by hiding something in plain sight - another favourite of Heinlein's. Ditto for cats covering up on floors. :)

Reactions: Rich

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Carl's comments about his 'megapixel camera' being superior to the 'low res' alternatives were historically accurate, if we assume that the novel is set in the early noughties. This was the era of the mobile flip phone (remember the Motorola RazR?), when high end models had cameras topping out at 0.3 megapixels with 2 inch phone displays. Those of us who couldn't afford such luxury made do with cheaper models that took pictures at 160 x 120 pixels, which is much smaller than the image thumbnails used in Windows today. They weren't very good at capturing detail, which probably explains why Carl was so enthusiastic about his.

Rich is definitely a Heinlein fan with Parker's quotes about lying convincingly, so I'm waiting for him to use the 'purloined letter' approach by hiding something in plain sight - another favourite of Heinlein's. Ditto for cats covering up on floors. :)
Flip phones weren't a thing till around '96...I graduated in '96, and I can assure you that not a single kid in school had a flip phone. I don't think kids really ran around with phones till the turn of the century; and the RazR wasn't out till '06.
But your remarks on cameras is spot on otherwise. If you wanted to take digital pictures, you needed an actual camera.

Reactions: Pi Quantum and Rich

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Carl's comments about his 'megapixel camera' being superior to the 'low res' alternatives were historically accurate, if we assume that the novel is set in the early noughties.
LOL. Thank you for that bit of analysis, Pi Quantum. The game is actually set around 2005-2006. (There was a Hurricane Katrina reference, remember?) I might have been a few years plus-or-minus with cell phone tech - my brain struggles to remember back that far, even though I was involved in developing cell phone apps waaaay back then. Although Wikipedia reminds me that the Motorola Razr was released in late 2004, so maybe I didn't do so badly. The primary point is that it's "pre-smartphone," and "pre-everybody-has-a-video-recorder-in-their-pocket."

And, yes, huge Heinlein fan. Lazarus Long Lives! (And add Asimov, Asprin, Clark and Perry to that list as well...)

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
I'm hoping we'll see more interactions from some of the minor characters. Sarah (bystander girl with big eyes) somehow reminds me of alien-vampire hybrids from The Sims, so the thought of her performing sexually is both erotic and disturbing! Love the gorgeous model for the new girl (Ashley), but it would have been an even bigger shock if it was Hanni that showed up to give Parker his reward. Aside from demonstrating the reach of the corrupt cops, Parker would have been even more tongue-tied - and I can't see him trying to interrogate her about her motives. It might explain why Hanni is so close mouthed around males...

Paul's plan appears to be an effort to destroy the trust and love Parker feels for Melissa, until he sees her as just another slut to be controlled and follows in their footsteps, possibly joining the police force after graduation. I'm sure plenty of readers would love to see Melissa reduced to a mind broken, stereotypical fucktoy that happily screws any male or female she's ordered to (with Becky and Melanie getting similar treatment), but I'm hoping things don't go that way.

Re my earlier comment about forcing Melissa to breach the dress code... She'd probably report to the principal in that situation and we've already seen plenty of hints that he's a voyeur who works closely with the corrupt cops. Being betrayed by a trusted authority figure would be another blow to Melissa's self esteem after he 'disciplined' her. Perhaps he'd call a staff meeting on her day off, telling the other teachers that Melissa is going through a tough time and her new wardrobe is just one aspect of an emotional disorder that doesn't affect her ability to teach. The other teachers would be asked to be compassionate and supportive, rather than judgemental. A tall order, but who knows how much blackmail material a voyeur principal could have amassed about them over the years? He might know about Tom's affair, for starters. :p

I'd like to see Melissa emerge from this mentally tougher and with expanded sexual horizons. Parker would somehow fool the corrupt cops and see them exposed and imprisoned, after which they'd execute their final contingency plan - and we know they'd have one. Parker (who was with his father Richard at the time) would be killed by a hit and run driver in a stolen car. Too bad, so sad! Melissa and Melanie would be devastated, but Carl would visit frequently to commiserate over their shared loss. The combination of emotional vulnerability and extreme horniness would then see Carl achieve his perverted life's ambition, through a threesome that led to him becoming the man of the house. :love:

On second thought, perhaps I should stick to reading and leave game development to the experts...

Last edited:
Reactions: Panos24

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
On second thought, perhaps I should stick to reading and leave game development to the experts...
LOL. I don't consider myself an "expert" in any way, shape or means.

Thanks for contributing your thoughts and ideas. I do appreciate everything everybody has contributed in this thread. Even if an idea doesn't actually make it into the story, it's mind-stretching to hear some of the variations people come up with.

garret64

Feb 9, 2019
@ Rich

I have one more suggestion about the facial expressions of the female characters while they are being blackmailed into sex / acts.

Melissa / Melanie / Becky / ... should show more dislike, shame and one or two tears.

You implemented this very well in Mellisa's first BJ scene.

But when Melissa was blackmailed into first sex, her facial expressions no longer matched the storyline. She was moaning.

Just when the officer in her came for the first time, I would have liked to see her helplessness and shame on her face.

And thanks again for the implementation of this story.

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
Hey friend, what novel are you talking about? Def hoping we get some incest out of this ordeal !
This VN is based on from one of the original creators, which was in turn influenced by , by George VI. If its incest you're after, you'll love these stories!

You'll see some obvious changes from the original story where the plot has been extended and expanded to add new characters, so nobody knows what Rich has in mind for the final conclusion. Next chapter could be a big hint in that direction.

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
This VN is based on from one of the original creators, which was in turn influenced by , by George VI. If its incest you're after, you'll love these stories!

You'll see some obvious changes from the original story where the plot has been extended and expanded to add new characters, so nobody knows what Rich has in mind for the final conclusion. Next chapter could be a big hint in that direction.
Execelllllllent :]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes