Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

Wearablenine

Sep 21, 2017
Rich said:
"
Enter Parker Morrison's world, meet the characters around him, and follow their exploits.
"
There you have it folks: you are parker, you hold the keys, so you watch and follow the exploits of characters around him. You seed ideas and follow them to fruition!
You are the ultimate behoolder, you get to see the exploits of the others sworming around Parker.
Yeah your not really holding ANY keys if you aren't allowed to make any choices here. :FacePalm:

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
LOL. Typical teen-age girl, right?
Typical teenage behaviour explains many things in this story. :)

Its hard to understand why someone with crippling shyness like Becky would become a cheerleader. Maybe she wanted to become one of the 'cool girls' - or finally force Parker to notice her as a female? If she's into psychology, cheerleading might be her own form of aversion therapy to overcome shyness. That might explain her initial topless scene, if she's trying to push her limits, but backtracking when her shy side takes over. Lots of possibilities, so all we can do is speculate - but she did say this back in chapter 1:-

"Just felt like whatever I was doing before, it wasn’t working for me, ya know?"

Is he really more perverted? Or is he just more unabashedly horny? But, in some respects, he does seem more... "worldly?" than Parker. Be interesting to see if Parker recognizes this and goes to him for advice.
I think Carl and Denise are the only characters in this story that are 100% true to their own nature. They both know exactly what they want out of life and aren't ashamed to admit it. I admire them for that.

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
Do we HAVE to have the "why is it tagged X" and "why is it here" discussion EVERY SINGLE RELEASE? If you read the OP and know it's a Kinetic Novel, why do you care that it has a VN tag? And where else do you propose it be located, since there isn't a "Kinetic Novel" forum here?
Why do I care? Cause stuff being tagged wrong needs to be fixed, there are plenty of KN's without the VN tag and I said nothing about moving the damn thing to another forum, it still goes here.. But whatever, moving on since those here don't give a fuck about it.

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
No, it happened in chapter 5. Not only did the MC feel her nude breasts he sucked on her nipple.
That's what I get for relying on my memory - chapter 5 feels like the distant past, given recent events.

Looking at it again, Parker stopping his advances seemed to get Hanni's approval, which might have led to her advising Becky to let him go further - hence her nervous/fearful look at Parker when she ran back inside to remove her bra. At the time I thought she was being blackmailed by someone, but what if she was steeling herself to follow Hanni's advice and trust Parker not to go too far?

If she's trying to change herself and push her boundaries (as evidenced by her comments about the cheerleaders), the alternate bold and shy behaviour makes more sense. Throw in the similarities of some of the cheerleaders to her mother by trading sex for money/favours and she'd be one confused girl. The more recent locker room strip and near assault could have pushed Becky back into her shell after the adrenalin wore off, leaving Parker more confused than ever.

These days Parker has much bigger problems than Becky's 'teenage angst', as he probably sees it. :)

Reactions: Kire4th and Panos24

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
That's what I get for relying on my memory - chapter 5 feels like the distant past, given recent events.

Looking at it again, Parker stopping his advances seemed to get Hanni's approval, which might have led to her advising Becky to let him go further - hence her nervous/fearful look at Parker when she ran back inside to remove her bra. At the time I thought she was being blackmailed by someone, but what if she was steeling herself to follow Hanni's advice and trust Parker not to go too far?

If she's trying to change herself and push her boundaries (as evidenced by her comments about the cheerleaders), the alternate bold and shy behaviour makes more sense. Throw in the similarities of some of the cheerleaders to her mother by trading sex for money/favours and she'd be one confused girl. The more recent locker room strip and near assault could have pushed Becky back into her shell after the adrenalin wore off, leaving Parker more confused than ever.

These days Parker has much bigger problems than Becky's 'teenage angst', as he probably sees it. :)
Well not really a problem, join the cops and they can help the MC crack Becky's shell like using a nut cracker on a walnut. :devilish:

And I am not really sure what you are trying to prove to me with these lengthy comments about Becky's reasoning for what she is doing. Because a) I still find her annoying and b) I don't care what her reasons are.

Last edited:

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.9 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

madbloke

May 4, 2017
Ye Gods And Little Fishes! I certainly hope Rich has had a beer (a big one) before he gets back to this thread.

...to go along with your short memory. This update is about the same size as Chapter 8 was, and is significantly bigger than any of Chapters 1-4. Chapter 7 was the biggest update, and that was the one that took 5 months to come out.

First, Rich gets hammered because his updates are too far apart. Then he pulls the schedule in, and he gets hammered because there's less content. Why don't the "make it sooner" and "make it bigger" people go of in a corner, hammer it out between, and decide which is should be. (And do NOT come back saying "sooner and bigger.")

Do we HAVE to have the "why is it tagged X" and "why is it here" discussion EVERY SINGLE RELEASE? If you read the OP and know it's a Kinetic Novel, why do you care that it has a VN tag? And where else do you propose it be located, since there isn't a "Kinetic Novel" forum here?

We get it. (a) You don't like it. (b) You have trouble writing a coherent evaluation. You don't need to repeat yourself. The exit is over there. Leave quietly. Same goes for everybody else that shows up here solely to bash Rich. I mean, it's just so horrible that you encountered something you didn't care for, given what you paid to get it...

Well, I'm sure Rich would be delighted to have you post some of your own sample renders to show him how to improve. You'll include sample animations, too, right?

Ah. "Horrible update because there's no sex." What is the average play time of the updates to YOUR game?

Exactly.

It's the way with NTR. If you put it in your product, people will queue up to bash you. If you don't, people will complain.

No kidding. But I'm betting he's getting tired of the periodic fecal rain here. It's been quite a few chapters since he got dumped on this badly. Glad to see at least one or two people with something non-vitriolic to say.

So, my $0.02. Yes, this is clearly a "transitional" chapter. It's curious that, after eight chapters of straight KN, he threw a branch in. Maybe he couldn't decide between two different outcomes, and decided to go ahead and do both. I haven't chatted with him in a while, and he doesn't tell me much about what's coming anyway, so that's purely a guess. But I'm not looking forward to "bad end," if that's what the "Fuck You" path is setting up. (Please, Rich, don't go there... LOL)

I'm trying to figure out what's going on in Becky's head. She's all "come here, come here, get away, get away." Either she's a conniving bitch who's pulling a real bullshit act on Parker, or else she's got issues. Either way, I'm almost glad for it - there are too many games in which the females basically throw themselves on the MC's dick at the slightest provocation. Parker having to work for it (if that's what's going to happen) would be a refreshing change.

Hmmm. On the "I'm in" path, if Parker becomes the newest apprentice learning the ways of The Dark Side, does that mean either Bill or Paul have to get killed off? There are only two Sith at any time, after all. Or am I the only one pondering that particular similarity? LOL
I'm with you, totally fed up with the TAG POLICE and the NTR keyboard warriors, life's just too short to worry about such insignificant trivialities.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
If you can't handle the critics kid, then you may as well be on your way snowflake. I'm not going to sugarcoat for a precious little developer who purposely knew he was putting out a below par update. Why don't you get a grip?
Well. As the "precious little developer," how about we steer this discussion back towards the content and away from the personalities.

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
It's one thing if the cops in the game are dicks, but I wasn't willing to go along with that. This is where I bow out. Accept the bad ending, and delete. Not every game is for everyone. For those still along for the ride, I hope you have fun.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Alannnnn

Apr 25, 2019
It's one thing if the cops in the game are dicks, but I wasn't willing to go along with that. This is where I bow out. Accept the bad ending, and delete. Not every game is for everyone. For those still along for the ride, I hope you have fun.
What happened? What's the bad ending?

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
This update was very short. Anything updated in the previous chapters exept only adding ch9?

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes