VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Fuckery [v0.1b] [Aason]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Aason

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
I hope it is on hold, but dev has been silent for a LONG time.
Yeah, sorry 'bout dat.

I'm not dead, and the project is not dead either.
If you want some informations, 0.2 writing is done, but I can't find the motivations for the render.

Sorry for being a lazy fuck (I actually have a lot of work IRL too, but the main problem is definitely me).
Making this game however is something that I like and I'm kinda proud, so it's not dead at all.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I understand first releases are incompleted... but having less than 5 minutes of content isn't promising...

I tend to believe I don't have high demands, as well I have extreme patience over the development of one game, since I prefer quality over rushed stuff, but c'mon, 5 minutes can barely be called a release, no offense.
Nearly 1 year afterwards, I guess my instincts were right. With all due respect, having a 5 minutes release was already showing a lack of dedication on the project. Sorry for being blunt, but after playing some games and supporting some devs you can clearly notice when a creator is or isn't engaged to his project.

I know I can be completly wrong, but having such a small release along with no new content nearly a year afterwards simply shows that. If you can't continue it's fine, inteligent people will surely understand your decision. But I recommend only showing stuff when it actually has some content, that's the way you gain followers and supporters.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Two thirds... still bad, but I'm just saying.
Sure I exagerated, but was a matter of expressing the issue.

Again, not to make an hate movement towards the dev, just expressing what it shows. The dev can still have his reasons. Just stating what it shows when the "pre release" is like that.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Ellahn

Dec 23, 2019
Sure I exagerated, but was a matter of expressing the issue.

Again, not to make an hate movement towards the dev, just expressing what it shows. The dev can still have his reasons. Just stating what it shows when the "pre release" is like that.
Well I don't know maybe releasing something even if very short could actually become a motivator for many people. As you said dev can have his reasons.

I prefer pointing out that the renders are pretty awesome and the weird-ass options were very intriguing, enough so that I was curious about where they'd lead, even though I almost always go for pretty much the same alignment (Chaotic Good, whichever option gets me closer to that, with the "good" bit being the most important)... I don't think I've ever saved a game just to see what would happen if I did stuff like slitting my own sister's throat before...

And as a programmer I totally fucking understand how wanting to do something does not directly correlate to having the focus/inspiration/etc. to actually do it well. Plus, also being a perfectionist I've always ended up postponing stuff because I would hate myself if the result wasn't up to my standards...

My suggestion for the dev would be splitting the work in smaller parts so releasing stufftakes less time, which in turns will help as a motivator. Or maybe open source the damn thing or something, I mean it worked pretty well for Valentina's Story, and it's better than watching you dreams wither away...

Reactions: Aason

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Two thirds... still bad, but I'm just saying.
Not if you're an old singer :D

Yeah, sorry 'bout dat.

I'm not dead, and the project is not dead either.
If you want some informations, 0.2 writing is done, but I can't find the motivations for the render.

Sorry for being a lazy fuck (I actually have a lot of work IRL too, but the main problem is definitely me).
Making this game however is something that I like and I'm kinda proud, so it's not dead at all.
I can appreciate you coming to tell us things.

Randy_dg

Sep 2, 2018
I think it has been a year now. I for one really don't mind short stories, but a good long novel is where its at.

K3652

Sep 19, 2019
J'ai adorais la première version de ton jeu, j'ai hâte que tu reprenne se travail ;)
ça fais déjà 10 mois que j'attend une évolution, ne te décourage pas et continue, se que tu fais est top.
(il a une comu fr de F95 si tu veut avoir du monde pour t'aider ou te soutenir)

I loved the first version of your game, I can't wait for you to get back to work;) I've been waiting for an evolution for 10 months now, don't get discouraged and continue, what you're doing is great. (he has a comu fr of F95 if you want to have people to help or support you)

Aason

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
J'ai adorais la première version de ton jeu, j'ai hâte que tu reprenne se travail ;)
ça fais déjà 10 mois que j'attend une évolution, ne te décourage pas et continue, se que tu fais est top.
(il a une comu fr de F95 si tu veut avoir du monde pour t'aider ou te soutenir)

I loved the first version of your game, I can't wait for you to get back to work;) I've been waiting for an evolution for 10 months now, don't get discouraged and continue, what you're doing is great. (he has a comu fr of F95 if you want to have people to help or support you)
Where can I find this french community?

Also, thanks a lot, I'm thinking about getting back to work.

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes