VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Fuckery [v0.1b] [Aason]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Yes because there are a bunch of whiny, entitled fucktards out there. Seriously, how can you complain about something that isn't being forced on you and that you get for free?
its obligatory at this point...

The games obviously rape... people complain that its rape and there's no vanilla.
The games NTR... people complain that its ntr and you cant avoid it.
The games vanilla... PEOPLE COMPLAIN THERES NO FUCKING NTR!

I'm honestly amazed I haven't seen people complain that games that don't have incest in them don't have incest. Especially seeing how its probably the most overused fetish at this point.

Reactions: tazaaron

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019

The games obviously rape... people complain that its rape and there's no vanilla.

I'm honestly amazed I haven't seen people complain that games that don't have incest in them don't have incest. Especially seeing how its probably the most overused fetish at this point.
It's a sneeze game.
Hardly had time to enjoy it.
No more blah, blah, blah.... just wait until the next version.

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017

If you look at it from a different angle it could be viewed as a compliment. It shows that they're interested in the game/VN/etc. for whatever reason (maybe they like the look of a model/models, like the sound of the story, etc.), but there is an aspect that's preventing them from being able to enjoy it (e.g. an unavoidable fetish/kink or a missing one that may easily fit), which leaves them frustrated. I personally have come across VN's that have have really drawn my interest, but then I've found out that the NTR in it is unavoidable, which means that the VN is then unplayable for me. I generally just move on, but have expressed my frustration before, but not in a hostile manner (to my recollection).
Sometimes the dev will be open to suggestions or have plans to alter or add things in the future. Say for example that NTR isn't intrinsic to the game's/VN's story then they may add a non NTR route later. They may have had the intention all along, but they'd only done the NTR path so far.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018

im allergic to cranberry and a friend of mine is allergic to anything sea fruit. we both complained and refused things that would have endangered us or have been fed things that gave me hives or him an anaphylactic shock because people dont know better. i cant stand cucumber but love pickles, others start to bounce off the walls with disgust when they smell banana. all people are different, you gotta respect that but yeah i agree. you often see whiney little shits.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
If you look at it from a different angle it could be viewed as a compliment. It shows that they're interested in the game/VN/etc. for whatever reason (maybe they like the look of a model/models, like the sound of the story, etc.), but there is an aspect that's preventing them from being able to enjoy it (e.g. an unavoidable fetish/kink or a missing one that may easily fit), which leaves them frustrated. I personally have come across VN's that have have really drawn my interest, but then I've found out that the NTR in it is unavoidable, which means that the VN is then unplayable for me. I generally just move on, but have expressed my frustration before, but not in a hostile manner (to my recollection).
Sometimes the dev will be open to suggestions or have plans to alter or add things in the future. Say for example that NTR isn't intrinsic to the game's/VN's story then they may add a non NTR route later. They may have had the intention all along, but they'd only done the NTR path so far.
Yea that's not a compliment, and the key word in what I said was "obviously" As in the tags tells you it's this, the synopsis literally tells you it's this and the freaking screen shots tells you it's this but they still complain anyways.

It's what thing you ask a simple question when something isn't exactly clear or there is contradictory statements in the comments. I do it myself, so many games have the rape tag and when while there is no real referenx to it in th screenshots or synopsis I ask just to find out no it's not actually a fetish in the game but just a 1 second story plot point.

Rape seems to be the only literal tag I've seen get treated like this where it's used despite not being a central theme which does make it annoying for people looking for that fetish. Unless they just stick to Japanese games of course.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
im allergic to cranberry and a friend of mine is allergic to anything sea fruit. we both complained and refused things that would have endangered us or have been fed things that gave me hives or him an anaphylactic shock because people dont know better. i cant stand cucumber but love pickles, others start to bounce off the walls with disgust when they smell banana. all people are different, you gotta respect that but yeah i agree. you often see whiney little shits.
Allergies aren't personal choices my friend you don't choose them.

If you refused it that to what I'm understanding is you were offered something you didn't purposely seek it out and turned it down due to something you had no say in the matter.

You've eaten something that people didn't tell you had something in it that could kill you.

None of this are equivalent to the situation discussed above. As it all hinges on something you have no power over.

The rest last bit kinda doesn't matter as no one has problem that other people have different tastes the problem is when people complain that something that isn't wasn't made for them doesn't have a element or core element that doesn't cater to them.

Damn I didn't expect this damn thing to go on for this long.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
It's almost as if people are social critters that like to complain about anything :ROFLMAO: Well there is the old saying 'Misery loves company' so even an unfavorable opinion will spark some camaraderie :unsure: Everyone's a Critic :p

Though even obvious things still implies people read... :cry:
images.jpg

You're right! We need more cute Little Sisters in games :love:

Reactions: TheFurs and Aason

ShyLYLoli

Sep 9, 2018
sweet first update small but still update gonna play also pls tell me how to support you already want to even if just private paypal pls

Reactions: Aason

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Allergies aren't personal choices my friend you don't choose them.

If you refused it that to what I'm understanding is you were offered something you didn't purposely seek it out and turned it down due to something you had no say in the matter.

You've eaten something that people didn't tell you had something in it that could kill you.

None of this are equivalent to the situation discussed above. As it all hinges on something you have no power over.

The rest last bit kinda doesn't matter as no one has problem that other people have different tastes the problem is when people complain that something that isn't wasn't made for them doesn't have a element or core element that doesn't cater to them.

Damn I didn't expect this damn thing to go on for this long.
what i was getting at with the allergies is that everyone is different and cant handle different things. banana & cucumber for how people cant stand other stuff.

Aason

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
sweet first update small but still update gonna play also pls tell me how to support you already want to even if just private paypal pls
Wow, I appreciate your comitment! But please, keep your money. If in the future I think that I deserve/need support, you'll know it! Thanks a lot anyway, you're motivating!

And about the different fetish stuff: In my game, everything is (and will be) avoidable. Even sex.
Even if it's kinda weird to avoid every sexy stuff in a game like this, if you want, you can.

ShyLYLoli

Sep 9, 2018
Wow, I appreciate your comitment! But please, keep your money. If in the future I think that I deserve/need support, you'll know it! Thanks a lot anyway, you're motivating!

And about the different fetish stuff: In my game, everything is (and will be) avoidable. Even sex.
Even if it's kinda weird to avoid every sexy stuff in a game like this, if you want, you can.
lol alright just rly thought this was diff from most stuff I play like how its a bit more extreme and the stupid humor just rly think its diff and unique in that way anyways I hope you keep going and get btr soon since I rly do want to play more of this and when and if you decide you nd support for it ill help heck ill offer ideas and stuff to whats your discord you have a page or private one?

Reactions: Aason

Aason

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
lol alright just rly thought this was diff from most stuff I play like how its a bit more extreme and the stupid humor just rly think its diff and unique in that way anyways I hope you keep going and get btr soon since I rly do want to play more of this and when and if you decide you nd support for it ill help heck ill offer ideas and stuff to whats your discord you have a page or private one?
Well thanks again! I'm actually working on 0.2, I hope you'll like it.
For now I don't have a discord page, so feel free to offer ideas here! I'm all ears.

(stupid humor? :unsure: There is only good humor in my game :unsure:)

Reactions: tazaaron

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
Yea that's not a compliment, and the key word in what I said was "obviously" As in the tags tells you it's this, the synopsis literally tells you it's this and the freaking screen shots tells you it's this but they still complain anyways.

It's what thing you ask a simple question when something isn't exactly clear or there is contradictory statements in the comments. I do it myself, so many games have the rape tag and when while there is no real referenx to it in th screenshots or synopsis I ask just to find out no it's not actually a fetish in the game but just a 1 second story plot point.

Rape seems to be the only literal tag I've seen get treated like this where it's used despite not being a central theme which does make it annoying for people looking for that fetish. Unless they just stick to Japanese games of course.
One of the big problems is that the tags are meant to describe current content and not future content (an F95 rule apparently), so a dev may have the intention to add certain kinks/fetishes, but they aren't in the game/VN yet. Tags may subsequently be forgotten to be added when that content is eventually added. But ultimately it's hard to determine the direction of the game/VN from tags alone (that's why it's always helpful when there's the "planned content" section in genre).
As you've mentioned. Sometimes the tag is there purely due to a mere reference, dream sequence, etc.
Another big problem is that tags aren't all telling. A game/VN may have the NTR tag (or any other kink/fetish tag), but dependent on the game/VN, it could either be avoidable or unavoidable. Another set of tags that can be misleading is when a game/VN is tagged with both male and female protag and multiple protag tags. This can mean different things:
1. You choose at the start of the game/VN if you want to play as a male or female protag and/or different looking protags and that's it
2. During the game/VN the identity and/or sex of the protag will change (some people aren't fond of female protag games/VN's unless it's a fully lesbian affair)

Basically, there's a lot of areas for potential confusion and frustration. It's just a matter of the attitude somebody uses when asking or making criticisms. Some are clearly very hostile, while others not so much, so they should be treated accordingly.

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes