VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Man...? [v9.1] [MoleMan]

3.50 star(s) 30 Votes

Rendation

Apr 17, 2020
I must say, for my first time playing through this story, not many games on here grip me to the point of finishing from start to the latest build in 1 day, now I regret finishing this one since now I've got an itch I can't scratch, I'm foaming at the mouth for more, I look forward in what the next update brings, I enjoyed the story with the girlfriend and her two daughters, wish we got to spend more time with the younger daughter too but hopefully we get to next time, I also enjoyed the corrupting your secretary route, I enjoyed the build up of getting her to enjoy what you were doing and hope to see more of her too.

imaginatus

Feb 23, 2018
"Final render total for the update will be 450-500"... Probably released at the end of June ... last update mid November 2019 ... 7 and a half months for so little ?? There is a problem, right? Serious question I am trying to understand ;-)

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
"Final render total for the update will be 450-500"... Probably released at the end of June ... last update mid November 2019 ... 7 and a half months for so little ?? There is a problem, right? Serious question I am trying to understand ;-)
The problem is that the dev probably has a full time job, other family responsibilities and does this as a hobby in his spare time. Like nearly all devs here (excepting ICSTOR, DarkCookie, and a few others), he's not exactly getting rich making VNs. Most people don't have an extra 20-40 hours a week on top of their real jobs, taking care of the kids and/or the house, etc., to knock out weekly or monthly updates.

Shadu

Mar 8, 2018
I think its 200+ renders every 3 months added up together he owe us since november which not suprising usually its a regular thing for devs to have 200+ renders a update every 3 months at least from the ones i play..rarely there are devs that gives us more on the 3 month basis in the 3d category compared to 2d which gives 400+ renders on 3 months sometimes shorter but i get 3d harder depending on the dev but at the end of the day every solo dev is different/more experience than the other(not including the ones with teams) which why some will have short or big updates pass the 3 month line regardless if there full time or not all can be based off their work ethic

Last edited:
Reactions: MMstudios

GoofyGooberYa

Oct 24, 2019
According F95Zone rules as long as Moleman keeps posting on Patroen etc. it's not abandoned. But no new releases since November 2019... its effectively abandoned. Of course you guys can split hairs like that but it doesn't make it any less true. I like this VN/game but putting up a few renders up over the last month doesn't get us any closer to a release. I hope I'm wrong... maybe it'll release next month? Having a different opinion from you doesn't make someone a Troll.
idk, he doesn't make a ton from patreon. I have seen games take longer with 10x the amount of money

Reactions: Smarmint

Adeana

Mar 4, 2018
According to:

If you try to render yourself using Studio Daz, poping out a Picture withing 20 min is not really possible for sure not if your solo dev.
setting up the surrounding, the Chars with poses and so on, can take a 30 min minimum if your good and fast.
and after finding the right position for the Cam for the Picture then comes the rendering. Within Iray a good picture can take a lot of time. (yes iv tryed and after 5 hours rendering it still looked like crap, guess im to inexperienced)

Rude Roy

May 20, 2019
According to:

If you try to render yourself using Studio Daz, poping out a Picture withing 20 min is not really possible for sure not if your solo dev.
setting up the surrounding, the Chars with poses and so on, can take a 30 min minimum if your good and fast.
and after finding the right position for the Cam for the Picture then comes the rendering. Within Iray a good picture can take a lot of time. (yes iv tryed and after 5 hours rendering it still looked like crap, guess im to inexperienced)
Rendering speed depends a lot on your pc, and what you are rendering. This means, if you’ll use your pc just for 3D Rendering Images and Animations, or encoding videos for that matter, you would be looking for a Computer with a cpu that has as many cores as possible. 3D modeling uses one core, which needs to be as fast as possible

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
I have been waiting for an update for this game like forever. It was interesting. I understand the dev has other priorties and a life. But the time between updates is frustrating.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MMstudios

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2018
I have been waiting for an update for this game like forever. It was interesting. I understand the dev has other priorties and a life. But the time between updates is frustrating.
I get it and I am frustrated that its not complete yet either. I just got really ambitious with this one, and it kind of got away from me. I am still plugging away tho, and as previously mentioned, this will be about the combined size of about 3 previous updates. Hope it is worth the wait.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
I get it and I am frustrated that its not complete yet either. I just got really ambitious with this one, and it kind of got away from me. I am still plugging away tho, and as previously mentioned, this will be about the combined size of about 3 previous updates. Hope it is worth the wait.
Thanks for replying and the updates. I appreciate the fact you took the time to respond. I always try to never wail on devs since they take time, effort and passion to create these games. And we get to enjoy them. I hope you take this rant as just the fact we have high hopes you as the dev and the game.

Can't wait to play the next update.

MMstudios

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2018
Thanks for replying and the updates. I appreciate the fact you took the time to respond. I always try to never wail on devs since they take time, effort and passion to create these games. And we get to enjoy them. I hope you take this rant as just the fact we have high hopes you as the dev and the game.

Can't wait to play the next update.
For sure man, I have pretty thick skin and am my own worst critic. :)

ihutch

May 29, 2017
OMG ......

This is becoming my next favorite game since DMD and Sisterly Lust....

I so want to see what the eldest daughter gets up to in her attempts to get the MC after spying on the MC and her mom

Reactions: Andrew Rider
3.50 star(s) 30 Votes