VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Man...? [v9.1] [MoleMan]

3.50 star(s) 30 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It's only been a month since he last posted on Patreon and he has rolled out bonus renders for May, don't understand why people think this game is abandoned.

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
According F95Zone rules as long as Moleman keeps posting on Patroen etc. it's not abandoned. But no new releases since November 2019... its effectively abandoned. Of course you guys can split hairs like that but it doesn't make it any less true. I like this VN/game but putting up a few renders up over the last month doesn't get us any closer to a release. I hope I'm wrong... maybe it'll release next month? Having a different opinion from you doesn't make someone a Troll.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
According F95Zone rules as long as Moleman keeps posting on Patroen etc. it's not abandoned. But no new releases since November 2019... its effectively abandoned. Of course you guys can split hairs like that but it doesn't make it any less true. I like this VN/game but putting up a few renders up over the last month doesn't get us any closer to a release. I hope I'm wrong... maybe it'll release next month? Having a different opinion from you doesn't make someone a Troll.
No, having a different opinion doesn't. Intentionally ignoring repeated descriptions of what does and does not constitute abandonment and deliberately ignoring progress updates from the dev's Patreon does. You are a troll too.

Before you run some bullshit about how you're not, reread the latest update from the dev here and try to explain how having 75% of the next update completed constitutes the game being "effectively abandoned."

https://f95zone.to/threads/family-man-v8-0-moleman.13792/post-3316356

John-18

Mar 22, 2018
That's not how it works.

If a dev is making regular communication concerning the game, it's not abandoned. Scroll up and notice who participates in this thread...
Thanks for the advice. I made my post being fully aware of the dev being here. But this doesn't make me believe his "i'm still on it"-claims. I was also fully aware of recieving a lot of flak for expressing my concerns regarding a possible abondoned game. The only thing which amazes me is the huge amount of credulity here and all the people who are not willing to see the obvious. And no, a dev making vague proclaims of being still on it doesn't count for me.

MMstudios

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2018
I am happy to see that enough of you have enjoyed my work enough thus far to come to my defense. Much appreciated! With that said, I will state again, game is 100% not abandoned! I have way too much into this update to ever quit. Even if this one were to be a total flop, I would still continue the game. It's a hobby and something I greatly enjoy making. Would I like to make enough to be able to quit my job, of course, but that's not my motivation. As of now, coding about 50% done and renders about 90%. Final render total for the update will be 450-500, more than double any previous update. I have been far more ambitious on this one and hoping will be worth the wait.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
You guys are so funny. Do you really think that posting that a game is abandoned will suddenly spur a developer to immediately drop whatever he/she is doing in real life and finish up the update ASAP? Moleman has already said it will take awhile to finish up this update due to a cross-country move and, you know, the world-wide pandemic.

Last edited:

Adeana

Mar 4, 2018
spur a developer to immediately drop whatever he/she is doing in real life and finish up the update
HHHHHMMMMMMMMM

Worth a Try!!!!

Give us the update!! Give us the update!! Give us the update!!
Now Everybody: "Give us the update!! Give us the update!! Give us the update!!
And again Give us the update!! Give us the update!! Give us the update!!

Now we wait. HEHE
(ps sorry, atm at work with nothing else to do)

3.50 star(s) 30 Votes