VN Partial WIP [Fan translation]Heartful Maman

HB38

Oct 3, 2017
I'm happy I stumbled along this thread; this is a game I quite enjoy - one of the harder Alicesoft VNs to play without understanding Japanese. Very excited to see a complete translation on this one; good luck!

Reactions: OneWayMissile
Mar 18, 2022
Super busy with job, but getting there.

Also kinda want to rant a little about the game;
I feel like some scenarios are somehow "unnecessary" long, causing me to lose motivation along the way.
haha, the erotic scenes are the meat of the game. i dont think anyone will blame you for skimping on the "i must ntr you mother-san" conversation pieces.

Reactions: Jione007

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
I'm not sure why but nothing English seems to show up for me. Are you sure you uploaded the right files? I've checked multiple sex scenes in collection menu with a full save. I've replaced the 2 files under C:\Program Files (x86)\AliceSoft\は~とふるママン

The game runs, but all JP. When I delete the Maman.ain and MamanFont.fnl, it crashes as expected so it's clear the game is reading those two files in that location.

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
I'm not sure why but nothing English seems to show up for me. Are you sure you uploaded the right files? I've checked multiple sex scenes in collection menu with a full save. I've replaced the 2 files under C:\Program Files (x86)\AliceSoft\は~とふるママン

The game runs, but all JP. When I delete the Maman.ain and MamanFont.fnl, it crashes as expected so it's clear the game is reading those two files in that location.
The UI is untranslated (I heard that someone has made a translation for it), the translation posted here is just a sample because it is a WIP.

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
The UI is untranslated (I heard that someone has made a translation for it), the translation posted here is just a sample because it is a WIP.
I'm not talking about the UI. I did find one or two scenes translated (the shota). Everything else is in JP. From the post, I thought all the H-scenes minus the vanilla is translated and that the OP was looking for people to suggest edits.

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
I'm not talking about the UI. I did find one or two scenes translated (the shota). Everything else is in JP. From the post, I thought all the H-scenes minus the vanilla is translated and that the OP was looking for people to suggest edits.
Oh yo mean the sample, right?

The sample are
- NTR Ex-boyfriend (元カレ)
- Saving Shiori before NTR Ex-boyfriend

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
Oh yo mean the sample, right?

The sample are
- NTR Ex-boyfriend (元カレ)
- Saving Shiori before NTR Ex-boyfriend
Oh you're the OP haha.

So you only uploaded 2 sample scenes? I was confuse as hell since you said:

Please comment, rate, review, or criticize my translation so that I could improve it (I really mean it)
There's not much to proofread :) Would appreciate it if you can provide your latest branch.

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
There's not much to proofread :) Would appreciate it if you can provide your latest branch.
Would like to, but since I do not want to release a "Half baked" version yet, however, I will release the partial once all the scenes that can be viewed in the Recollection mode have been translated, and from will slowly update it together with translating the whole game.

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
Just to confirm, the only thing you have remaining to translate is the vanilla route right? About half-way left?
With Oyakorankan get GPT based translation, which give out good translation compare to the throw into Google tran and DeepL and call it a day, I do understand your frustration that I take too much time translating this game.

As of now, only 22 scenarios + QC are needed to be done.

I will try my best.

Lichlord45

Aug 2, 2019
With Oyakorankan get GPT based translation, which give out good translation compare to the throw into Google tran and DeepL and call it a day, I do understand your frustration that I take too much time translating this game.

As of now, only 22 scenarios + QC are needed to be done.

I will try my best.
Umm, what does Oyakorankan have to do with this?

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
Umm, what does Oyakorankan have to do with this?
1. It got translated recently with an efficient method none the less.
2. The GPT base MTL not only take less time than hand translate, it also able to produce quite good translation.
3. Comparing to translation by hand, if translator is busy, work's progress will be slow; In contrast, for AI translation, the only busy part are training and revising the AI, so if both of processes are finished, you only need to press the button and call it a day.
4. Some people who wait for my translation might get frustrate with the speed of my work and want this game to be translated by GPT instead.
5. With the AI recently trained with only some revisions are needed, people will start to demand the GPT based translation of this game
6. Me wil be sad if that happen (JK, I will have to learn to adapt).

Lichlord45

Aug 2, 2019
1. It got translated recently with an efficient method none the less.
2. The GPT base MTL not only take less time than hand translate, it also able to produce quite good translation.
3. Comparing to translation by hand, if translator is busy, work's progress will be slow; In contrast, for AI translation, the only busy part are training and revising the AI, so if both of processes are finished, you only need to press the button and call it a day.
4. Some people who wait for my translation might get frustrate with the speed of my work and want this game to be translated by GPT instead.
5. With the AI recently trained with only some revisions are needed, people will start to demand the GPT based translation of this game
6. Me wil be sad if that happen (JK, I will have to learn to adapt).
Oh nice. Also take your time, no need to rush, looking forvard to it :)

Nov 9, 2020
This is a thread to report a progress of my translation of game [Heartful Maman] by Alicesoft

[Preface]
After so many M_ngagamer poll that I vote for this game, this one of Alicesoft NTR masterpiece is not get edited and translated, so I kinda pissed, so I decide to do a translation on my own. At first, I plan to translate this for my own use, but after some thought, I think that it would be better if I share this to anyone who does enjoy this masterpiece like me

[Plan]
What I will translate are the scenarios that you can replay in the Recollection mode, but just in case, I will also translate the scenario that relate to what I translate but cannot be viewed in the Recollection mode (you will stumble upon it during your gameplay)

[Method of translation]
95% DeepL + 5% rusty Japanese; a bit of fair warning, English is not my first language, so expect a lot of grammar error

[Plan]
- Will do the Shiori route first, then Mai route later
- Will do the NTR route first, then vailla route later
- I won't translate the character's name or scenario's name because it involve some programming, which I am not very fluent

[Current progress]

Shiori route
Vanilla35 / 55
NTR Juuzou11 / 11
NTR Tsuguo9 / 9
NTR Minoru12 / 12
NTR Hiroto9 / 9
NTR Akira3 / 3
NTR Ex-boyfriend5 / 5
NTR Rikuro4 / 4 Update 1
Misc. NTR3 / 3

Mai route
Vanilla12 / 12
NTR3 / 3

Here are the example of my translation
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For those who own the game, or have this game installed, here are the sample translation file and font file
be sure to backup those files before overwrite it

Please comment, rate, review, or criticize my translation so that I could improve it (I really mean it)
it is just sample?

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
As there is only 10 scenarios in the recollection mode left, I kinda want to make some PSA.

• After I done translating the recollection mode, there will a slight QC, which will take some amount of time, then I will release the translation as a partial then slowly translate the rest of the game.
  • I'm sorry that I rarely communication here and take a lot of time for just one game, but if you have free time, feel free to press F5 on the first page because after I done translating, I will update the number there.
  • I translate the recollection mode first because, as of now, it is easier to find a save file than a walkthrough.
  • I won't translate any menu or option because it involve some programming and I fear that I will break some thing, so I left as it is, but anyone can try if you want to.
  • Bad news about the font file, because the translation use the custom font and I forgot to backup the font file, you guys may have to deal with this font, otherwise, I might to rearrange the whole thing again.
  • Also this is just a matter of "Ctrl + H and Press Replace all", MC Shiori refers to herself in 3rd person "ママ" a lot, which I just translate it straightly as "Mama", however, sometimes I feel like "May be the word "Mommy" is not that bad" ; so should I just keep using "Mama" or should I change to "Mommy" instead?