Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I tried to play the game, and it looks very good, but i really have an hard time to understand even how to do the most basic things, like make the madicine for Redd or to figure what to do for each quest. It could use more detailed infos in the quests menu. I gave up at day 2

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
I tried to play the game, and it looks very good, but i really have an hard time to understand even how to do the most basic things, like make the madicine for Redd or to figure what to do for each quest. It could use more detailed infos in the quests menu. I gave up at day 2
Lol..Been there, a while ago now so I'll give you a few tips that work for me.People complain of bugs, and there are some but the game is complicated and you can get stuck
1 Hit esc or rmb and check the quest log
2 Talk to everybody regurlarly especially the girls
3 There is a guy at the sw of the village, you need him to teach you things, he's standing at the entrance to the forest . Go south and south again , watch the screen for "Bitter root" & "Wild herb" stand over them and press spacebar or lmb. When you collect enough in the main menu (Hit esc) find "Crafting" then "Medicine" and away you go. You have 2 boxes top right of screen, they are tools and one in the center, thats for hold. You have to hold the medicine for Redd and press the shift key
4 Save game before you go to sleep every night and keep it until you sleep the next night, so if you miss something you can go back.
This is an old walkthrough and out of date but good for someone starting out. The game is not time limited other than giving Rhed his medicine the rest you can do when your ready
That's it for tonight I'm not a typist and me finger is wore out...Hope it helps

masa0000

Nov 26, 2018
Medicine you can press "Esc" and chose craft to make medicine. Crafting materials you will find in the jungle. Go to talk araron and begin hunter quest and you can find materi
al. if you get in trouble you can try using a walkthough. Day 1 to Day 14 is hard because "your choice" are very important. After that when you help father wake. Game is easy because optione "scene". the only bad thing is that if you want to see every scene in one turn you have to cheat

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
What did "Iron version" in the R20 release mean? Were there extra scenes or something?
If you go to the Patreon site you can view the different tier levels and their names/benefits. "Iron Version" was just one the tier versions of the game. One of the higher tier levels includes in-game access to the cheat crystal in Redd's house.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Lol..Been there, a while ago now so I'll give you a few tips that work for me.People complain of bugs, and there are some but the game is complicated and you can get stuck
1 Hit esc or rmb and check the quest log
2 Talk to everybody regurlarly especially the girls
3 There is a guy at the sw of the village, you need him to teach you things, he's standing at the entrance to the forest . Go south and south again , watch the screen for "Bitter root" & "Wild herb" stand over them and press spacebar or lmb. When you collect enough in the main menu (Hit esc) find "Crafting" then "Medicine" and away you go. You have 2 boxes top right of screen, they are tools and one in the center, thats for hold. You have to hold the medicine for Redd and press the shift key
4 Save game before you go to sleep every night and keep it until you sleep the next night, so if you miss something you can go back.
This is an old walkthrough and out of date but good for someone starting out. The game is not time limited other than giving Rhed his medicine the rest you can do when your ready
That's it for tonight I'm not a typist and me finger is wore out...Hope it helps
Thanks for the hints! I'll try again. I still think the game needs some more infodrops, maybe in the form of int boxes in the menus.

shiche

Aug 30, 2017
Looks like the "Bomber" quest breaks the "Truth Ore Dare!" quest. Derek will neither acknowledge that you delivered any ores nor pay you for any of the deposits; he only asks for the golden pickaxe.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I've been playing for quite some time now and i returned some quest, yet nothing seem to be advancing much. Is it really this demanding as a game? I'm not asking to be polemical.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Have modified the R21 version a little bit.
Hey, I just tried to use the cheat version, but after the cave scene with Nina, I'm constantly getting the Nina nipple picture whenever there's a transition, and if I use the left click or escape to bring up the menu, it shows the screen like this. Also if I load a savegame, I get this and I'm unable to do anything else.

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
If you go to the Patreon site you can view the different tier levels and their names/benefits. "Iron Version" was just one the tier versions of the game. One of the higher tier levels includes in-game access to the cheat crystal in Redd's house.
The "Iron Version" that was here didn't let you use the cheat crystal and the public posts on its patreon don't say anything about the specific differences. Hence why I asked. Anyone else?

KOYLI

Oct 21, 2018
The "Iron Version" that was here didn't let you use the cheat crystal and the public posts on its patreon don't say anything about the specific differences. Hence why I asked. Anyone else?
Cheat crystal only available to "Gold" patrons. Frankly, considering the developer wanting monthly payments for a product which is updated only "once in a blue moon", I am wondering whether even the lowest tier of patronage is worth the money. It's beginning to remind me of these "partwork" magazines where you get a few measly bits included each month to ultimeately build a model Spitfire / Flying Scotsman / Universe model.......eventually costing you over a thousand notes !

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
The "Iron Tier" which is the $10 sub level on their Patreon just allows Patrons at that level to have immediate access to recent updates. Each tier level on the Patreon page has a benefit description included. I'm not sure why it was specified that it was the "Iron Version" because the content does not change until the "Silver" level. As already mentioned there is no access to in-game cheats until the "Gold" level version. I referred to the Patreon page because that's where you find the descriptions of each tier's benefits and what specific tiers have included in their versions such as the Gold level cheats.

Reactions: frogbert
Nov 15, 2019
Hi
maybe I missed a key point during the last 56 days . . . I received all recipes, I updated my tools. I have a golden pickaxe, collected alot of black powder - BUT: I don't get any recipe from Derek to build bombs. Can someone help me, please?

3.10 star(s) 41 Votes